Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

Message 21 of 89

Chris949972; you didn't read my line completely. I stated that Donald Trump is the first President in our history who has not served in the military or held any previous elected office. There have been several Presidents that never served in the military. FDR never served in the military and he is regarded by historians as one of this country's greatest Presidents. Also several Presidents never held any previous elected office. Dwight Eisenhower never held any previous elected office before becoming President. But he did lead the allied forces to victory in the Second World War. 

Donald Trump's presidency indicates that he lacks the dignity and respect for the office as well as the self discipline to serve as President of the United States. The fact that all five living former Presidents as well as well as the previous two Republican nominees for President (John McCain and Mitt Romney) did not vote for him speaks volumes regarding his fitness for the office. After Donald Trump's presidency is over and done; history will not be kind to his presidency. 

As far as abortion being a fundamental right, that is a fact and that issue was settled back in 1973. No one is forced to have an abortion, but if one doesn't believe in abortion, they simply don't have to have one. I would never vote for any candidate who would restrict any fundamental right as an American and that includes the right to a safe and legal abortion. If you believe that making abortions illegal again would stop them; guess again. It would be as effective as prohibition was as far as making Americans stop drinking alcoholic beverages. Abortions will go back underground where it was before 1973 with no regulations and no controls. In this country, everyone is entitled to have their own beliefs, but no one has the right to impose their beliefs on others. 

As far as illegal immigration, I addressed that in a previous post. But from reading your latest post, I believe that you fear more that because of immigration, by the middle of this century that white people will be a minority in the United States. Throughout his campaign and his presidency, Trump has relied on white fear as well as latent racism and bigotry. 

But you cannot turn back the clock, nor can you put the toothpaste back into the tube once it is out. Donald Trump's presidency is the last gasp of a dying demographic in the United States. After he is no longer President and even after his death; i do not expect any high schools or public buildings bearing his name. He will be forgotten and remembered only as being the most corrupt as well as most incompetent President in history. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 89

Neither Barack Obama nor Bill Clinton had any military service either, so that comment about President Trump never having served in the military holds no weight. You go ahead and vote for whichever candidate you want to. I expect that since military service is so important to your choice of who to vote for you should vote for Pete Buttigieg. I won't vote for any candidate who believes in abortion as a fundamental right, who believes that law enforcement officers are the enemy, that my life matters less because I'm white, or any candidate who believes that immigrants can live in America regardless of our laws that make it illegal for them to be here without a visa.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 89

@ChrisF949972 wrote:

He is certainly better as president of the United States than Obama. 

Putin's treasonous cowardly bone spur lying puppet is far less than half as good as any road kill skunk chosen at random...

History will record the details of tRump's mentally deranged perfidious treasonous behavior...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 89

The ACLU, in 2015, filed suit against CBP detention centers, citing the poor conditions, freezing temperatures, no access to decent medical care, showers, all the things the Trump administration is being charged with. Read this article:

https://www.newsweek.com/migrant-detention-centers-trump-obama-1447160

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 89

Chris, the point is that at least President Obama treated the migrants like humans, not as animals like Trump.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 89

So you think every minor in these Obama built camps are accompanied by their legal guardians? And you don't even know that not every minor during Obama's presidency in these detention centers was accompanied by their parents/legal guardians? You think they should be taken at their word? I'm fine with them staying with their parents, just not in America until they have attained legal citizenship. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 89

easyed598; go read my response to Chris949972's post. My post is rather long, but touches on a television program on a scandal involving illegal immigrants working at a poultry plant in your neck of the woods in Marion Ohio. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

Message 28 of 89

The Fox propaganda network and right wing talk radio create a false illusion of America based on an array of lies. Trump supporters live and die with Fox because they incredibly believe it's a news program. They have no clue that Fox has mastered the techniques of Germany's Minister of Propaganda, Joseph Goebbels.

Since facts and the truth mean nothing in Trump World, they live in a FAKE NEWS environment, created by masters of propaganda who know their audience is putty.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 89

CriticalThinking; you nailed it with your post. I have heard from many right wing people I know about how they "suffered" under President Obama. LMAO! How did they "suffer"? The economy improved a lot under Obama's presidency. But perhaps they "suffered" like southern slave owners "suffered" under Lincoln's presidency. I believe that much of the rabid opposition to President Obama was racism, pure and simple. Look no further than our current President for proof of that. 

Donald Trump has a long history of racism and his father was once a member of the KKK. His much debunked "birther" charge against President Obama was pure racism. I remember him on television with Barbara Walters and she told him on national television that he was making a fool of himself. But Donald Trump didn't care. He knew the audience that he was addressing and didn't care one bit. Those people are now his "base" who show up at his rallies. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

Message 30 of 89

"This country was being crushed under Obama's presidency."

Unbelievable! Obviously he watches Fox and listens to right wing radio. America made remarkable progress for 8 years under President Obama. If only Trump supporters lived in the real world where facts matter.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors