Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
281
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

281 Views
Message 1 of 89

CT, Trump is a cult leader as well as a false prophet. There are many passages in the Bible regarding those who follow false prophets. 

 

But I have watched Donald Trump's career ever since he burst on the scene back in the 1980s. I was intrigued by him then. He seemed to ooze success and his wife was a hottie. I read his book The Art of the Deal when it came out thirty years ago. I felt that it was the most self serving book I have ever read. To Donald Trump, every deal is a zero sum game; one wins and the other loses. But that is dead wrong. The best deals are actually win-win where both parties get most of what they want. Everyone walks away a winner. Donald Trump makes Michael Douglas' character Gordon Gekko from the movie Wall Street  look like an honest man. 

 

Donald Trump's life should be the subject of a morality play, a Greek tragedy. But so far the tragic ending hasn't happened yet. But it will. There is a Karma and every one gets what they deserve. Donald Trump will get his some day. 

 

If his politics isn't offensive, his morals and attitudes surely are offensive. He has been a life long racist. Back in 1973 he settled with the EEOC a lawsuit charging his company, then run by his father with discrimination by refusing to rent to blacks. He has a long history of stiffing contractors and he hired undocumented workers from Poland to build his Trump Tower in the early 1980s. Then when it was time to pay them, he had them sent back to Poland. 

 

He has the morals of a tom cat, perhaps worse. He has cheated on all three of his wives. He lies with impunity and when caught, deflects and distracts. He has never apologized for any indiscretions or lie. His belief is that admitting you are wrong is a sign of weakness and apoligizing is also a sign of weakness. 

 

I saw a documentary about Donald Trump several years ago at a local film festival. It is titled You've Been Trumped  and documents how he bluffed, blustered and lied to have a luxury golf resort built in a remote part of Scotland. The movie ended when he went back to the United States for the 2012 election campaign. Since then, that luxury golf resort has been built, but it has been losing money hand over fist. The 6000 jobs that he promised to the local community never materialized and the golf resort is close to falling into receivership. In fact the Scottish Parliament passed a resolution declaring Donald Trump, whose mother is Scottish, as persona non grata (not welcome) in Scotland.

 

In fact the 2017 British Open was scheduled to be played at one of Trump's golf courses in Scotland. But it was moved to another course after several international golfers indicated that they would not play on a Trump golf course. That same year, the PGA International Golf Championship was scheduled to be played on Trump's Doral Golf Club in south Florida. But after several international golfers said that they wouldn't play on a Trump golf course, that tournament was moved to a golf course in Mexico City. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
281
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
293
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

293 Views
Message 2 of 89

ChrisF949972; do you ever read what you post? Here are some facts regarding Planned Parenthood. First any tax dollars that they receive for their family planning and women's health services is not comingled with funds used to finance their abortion services. The Hyde amendment, passed by congress in 1978 forbids any federal funds being used to pay for abortion or abortion services. With the right wing and evangelical so-called Christians so much after Planned Parenthood, their books must be kept very accurate so there is no hint of comingling of funds. 

 

Second; most of Planned Parenthood's work is through their family planning and women's health services. Those programs target low income people in the central cities and rural areas where there is high poverty. The goal of those services is to reduce the number of unintended and unwanted pregnancies as well as to educate young people in contraception. 

 

Those programs have been highly successful. Statistics have shown that births to teen age mothers during the 1990s were half the rate from the 1970s. Those rates have remained at those levels since then. Also, according to statistics the number of legal abortions is way down from the 1970s as well. Despite the restrictions on legal abortions, the numbers were falling before those restrictive laws were enacted. In fact other statistics have shown that in communities where Planned Parenthood clinics have been shut down; the number and rate of teen age births and legal abortions increased. Those statistics are readily available on line. 

 

FYI, my mother was a long time RN who worked in the OB-GYN department of a large hospital in a major metropolitan area. One of her jobs was to clean up after an illegal abortion went bad and the woman showed up in the emergency room. This was before the 1973 Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion. As a health care professional, it wasn't her position to make any value or moral judgements on patients seeking medical help. When abortions were illegal, no statistics were kept and most of the time, even if the woman showed up in the ER,  they were reported as a spontaneous miscarriage. No one wanted to get the police involved. 

 

Later, when I was in college during the late 1960s, my mother became an instructor in OB-GYN at the hospital's school of nursing. In that capacity, she helped establish those family planning clinics throughout the city under Planned Parenthood. She also served as an instructor at those clinics, teaching young adults how to use contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancies. She continued doing that after her retirement in 1984. 

 

She hated abortion, but as a nurse in OB-GYN, she realized that it happened. Her belief was that if young adults understood contraception and had ready access to contraceptives at low or no cost, unintended pregnancies could be prevented. Since the establishment of those family planning clinics, statistics have proven her correct. 

 

This was never a political issue until the evangelical so-called Christians got a hold of it and hijacked the Republican party. For her work, the Bible thumpers demonized my mother. They knocked on the door and even picketed our house. But my parents were regular church goers. My mother taught Sunday School and one of her students was comedian Drew Carey. His mother and my mother were long time friends. After he became famous, she said that he was a smart **bleep** then. He is ten years younger than I am so I never knew him very well. 

 

My father sang in the church choir and we all went to church regularly when I was growing up. So did my grandparents. My grandfather was a deacon. So this hypocrisy from the religious nuts was quite upsetting. 

 

But before you get your pants in a wad, I do respect those who don't believe in abortion at all. Half my family is Roman Catholic. In the city where I worked back in the 1970s, the major hospital there was operated by the Catholic church. After abortions were legalized, the Roman Catholic dioscese put together an organization that offered counselling to women considering abortion. Their answer was to place the child up for adoption. They put their money where their mouth was and if a pregnant woman agreed (by signing a contract agreeing to carry the child to term and place it up for adoption); the organization (funded through the Catholic church) would pay for all prenatal and delivery costs so the mother and baby would be healthy. That orgainzation is still going strong more than 45 years later. However the hospital is no longer affilaited with the Catholic church. It is now part of a large medical system from the big city two counties east. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
293
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
321
Views

Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

321 Views
Message 3 of 89

It's a very sad time in America to see so many Americans dedicating their soul and total support to a pathological liar in the White House, who surrounds himself with convicted felons, and was accused of sexual assault by 24 women.. How or why they cannot see their high level of moral hypocrisy is mind boggling. 

 

But then again, they don't care about America, they only care about protecting their Supreme Leader in the White House, who's in love with brutal dictator Kim Jong Un and Vladimir.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
321
Views
Conversationalist
1
Kudos
335
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

335 Views
Message 4 of 89

The fact that you support illegal and immoral behavior makes you just like the democratic candidates for president. They're all equally unworthy of office and only fight for those who advocate criminal behavior. So save your self righteous indignation for others who have your insipid mindset. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
335
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
342
Views

Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

342 Views
Message 5 of 89

Gullible Trump supporters, who never do their own research and continue to believe Trump and Fox, that the GOP tax bill helped the average American. I'm LOL.

 

"One year after President Trump and congressional Republicans enacted their tax cut for the wealthy and large corporations, none of their promised results are happening. While the law spurred a brief boost in economic growth, our long-term growth trajectory is unchanged. There is no sign of an investment boom.

  • Real wage growth for workers remains modest.
  • Factories and jobs are more likely to go overseas.
  • The federal deficit is soaring as corporate tax receipts plummet.
  • The tax code is riddled with even more special-interest tax breaks and loopholes.
  • By any measure, there is no evidence showing that the GOP tax cut is trickling down to working Americans. 

GOP tax cut led to record $1 trillion in stock buybacks that do little for working Americans: The GOP tax cut delivered huge benefits to rich investors and CEOs through a record-setting $1 trillion in stock buybacks in 2018, while the average worker struggles to pay for rising health care and living costs."

 

https://budget.house.gov/publications/publication/gop-tax-law-showers-benefits-wealthy-and-large-cor...

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
342
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
343
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

343 Views
Message 6 of 89

A good example of a President being judged by his military service is Ulysses S. Grant leader of the Union's military in the Civil War.

 

"Scandals and corruption. The following are scandals or instances of federal corruption associated with the Ulysses S. Grant presidential administration from 1869 to 1877. Particularly noteworthy are Black Friday and the Whiskey Ring. ... Two scandals involved women: Black Friday and the Trading Post Ring."

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_administration_scandals

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
343
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
348
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

348 Views
Message 7 of 89

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump is the best President in a few decades because he really tries hard to accomplish what he promised to his constituents.  He has accomplished tax cuts for individuals, corporations, increased the number of job opportunities, decreased the number of people on food stamps, is trying valiantly to keep illegal aliens out of our country, the stock market is up tremendously because of the optimism, eliminating the Obamacare mandate.

 

Of course the people that want handouts aren't too pleased.


Why are you posting that again. It was not true the first time, nor this time, nor the hundredth time you post it.


The truth hurts, doesn't it?


One little problem it is not the truth. Sounds like it came from Pastor Jack and the far right on his giant space ship on the way to sit out the russian war.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
348
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
355
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

355 Views
Message 8 of 89

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump is the best President in a few decades because he really tries hard to accomplish what he promised to his constituents.  He has accomplished tax cuts for individuals, corporations, increased the number of job opportunities, decreased the number of people on food stamps, is trying valiantly to keep illegal aliens out of our country, the stock market is up tremendously because of the optimism, eliminating the Obamacare mandate.

 

Of course the people that want handouts aren't too pleased.


Why are you posting that again. It was not true the first time, nor this time, nor the hundredth time you post it.


The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
355
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
367
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

367 Views
Message 9 of 89

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump is the best President in a few decades because he really tries hard to accomplish what he promised to his constituents.  He has accomplished tax cuts for individuals, corporations, increased the number of job opportunities, decreased the number of people on food stamps, is trying valiantly to keep illegal aliens out of our country, the stock market is up tremendously because of the optimism, eliminating the Obamacare mandate.

 

Of course the people that want handouts aren't too pleased.


Why are you posting that again. It was not true the first time, nor this time, nor the hundredth time you post it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
367
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
373
Views

Re: Donald Trump may be the worst President in our country's history

373 Views
Message 10 of 89

Trump is the best President in a few decades because he really tries hard to accomplish what he promised to his constituents.  He has accomplished tax cuts for individuals, corporations, increased the number of job opportunities, decreased the number of people on food stamps, is trying valiantly to keep illegal aliens out of our country, the stock market is up tremendously because of the optimism, eliminating the Obamacare mandate.

 

Of course the people that want handouts aren't too pleased.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
373
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report


city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors