Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 51 of 59

Everybody who is not a member of the cult understands that Trump's promise to end FICA contributions if re-elected is essentially a death blow to Social Security and Medicare.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 59

LOL  Looks like the liberal dems are getting desperate, spreading these kind of false rumors!  🤣

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 59

And then they came for me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 59

Donald Trump's promise to ‘terminate’ FICA contributions" if he is reelected is a declaration of war against Social Security and Medicare.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 59

VOTE like your life depends on it...as it does.   EVERY senior should be up in arms, even those who supported him in 2016.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 59

LOL!!  Talk about FAKE NEWS!

This organization is a PAC for the DIMMS!

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.29.23 PM.png

Trump never said, "I will Terminate Social Security"  If I am wrong please post the video clip or the text of the speech.  You can't because he did not.  The title of this thread is an out and right LIE!!

VIMTSTL
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 59

What can we do to prevent Trump from destroying our lively hood  we paid into for many years

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 59

WOW 😮 sad to hear his plans for reelection guess if you're going to hurt someone, you go after the ones that paid their dues already. First the post office now ssi I wonder who's next.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Donald Trump: I will “Terminate” Social Security

Message 59 of 59

https://socialsecurityworks.org/2020/08/08/trump-terminate-social-security/ 

Donald Trump: If Reelected, I will “Terminate” Social Security

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Saturday, August 8, 2020

(Washington, DC) — The following is a statement from Nancy Altman, President of Social Security Works, in response to Donald Trump’s press conference in which he promised to “terminate” FICA contributions, Social Security’s dedicated revenue, if he is reelected:

“Donald Trump once promised that he would be ‘the only Republican that doesn’t want to cut Social Security.’ We now know that what he meant is that cutting Social Security doesn’t go far enough for him: He wants to destroy Social Security.

Donald Trump’s executive order, which seeks to defer Social Security contributions, is bad enough. But his promise to ‘terminate’ FICA contributions if he is reelected is a full-on declaration of war against current and future Social Security beneficiaries.

Social Security is the foundation of everyone’s retirement security. At a time when pensions are vanishing and 401ks have proven inadequate, Trump’s plan to eliminate Social Security’s revenue stream would destroy the one source of retirement income that people can count on. Moreover, Social Security is often the only disability insurance and life insurance that working families have. If reelected, Trump plans to destroy those benefits as well.

Every member of Congress must speak up now to denounce Donald Trump’s unconstitutional raid on Social Security. Voters should treat any Senator or Representative who is silent as complicit in destroying Social Security. Furthermore, every American who cares about Social Security’s future must do everything they can to ensure that Trump does not get a second term.”

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, October 1 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Vaccines & Coping During the Pandemic