Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Don't you all feel silly now?

Message 21 of 50

TxGrandpa2

Thank you for your reply to me.  Since,  I needed to learn about the Hatch Act,  I goggled it. You might want to check out the current news of the day , regarding this Act.  My sincerest thanks Nancy 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 50

rk9152

I know that this forum is not a News site.  However,  as you are aware Many posters research and provide factual information.  Many people take the time to research 2 or more creditable  sources and provide links.  I seldom have time to watch TV. But through the links posted I am able to read the articles and learn. So,  at times, I post questions.  The answers again come with credible links and current factual information.  Since, I don't like to take anyone's work for granted,  I simply thank the poster.  I grow up in a small town, SeaGirt,  NJ,  where my parents  instilled values. These values I try to maintain  today.  Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 50

@n566192l wrote:

Through my  interactions with  Service Personal, they seem to feel no respect from Our Commander and Chief.

My military service was from under Eisenhower through Jimmy Carter.  That included Nixon who had absolutely no respect from those of us in Vietnam.  But it wasn't our job to comment on Presidents, nor could we while associated with the military due to the Hatch Act.   We just did our jobs and let the politicians do their thing, and come election time quietly cast our ballots.   Out of uniform and not associated with the military or government service we could.

It appears that “your” military personnel is making comments as members of the Armed Forces.  Therefore they are violating the Hatch Act if your posts are true.   Even now if I was to associate my political opinions with my status and rank as a military retiree it would be a violation of that act.

Your posts in these regards has been amusing to this retiree who keeps in frequent contact with the military through various venues.  Neither Facebook nor Twitter has anything to do with it.

P.S.  I enjoyed what I was doing which is why I remained in for so long.  The rest of your second post is John Wayne movie stuff.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 50

TxGrandpa2

Remember the sense of pride when you wear your uniform, sense of fighting for democracy? 

Yes,  the world has changed since those days. I agree change is good at times.  But,  these days, I am sure you would agree, most of this change is far more negative than positive.  I don't dislike Trump, I dislike most of his actions toward my fellow man. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 50

TxGrandpa2

Through my  interactions with  Service Personal, they seem to feel no respect from Our Commander and Chief.  I am not sure under which Administration you served,  but I am guessing it was pretweeter , facebook.  I just see the sadness on their faces day after day.  All the false statements form their Boss is just heartbreaking.  Please think back to when you served. Please let me know if under that administration you felt Respect for your call to duty... Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 50

TxGrandpa2

I would gladly ask the Service Personal,  however,  this misinformation upsets them.  See,  they  just long for a time, prefake news. Back when their was respect for the President.  You must  relate with them as I understand you have serviced This Great Country of ours. My sincerest thanks for your service.  Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 50

Over 4,200 lies - I'd characterize it more as a credibility issue !

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 50

@n566192l wrote:

Richva

Thank you for clarifying this issue for me.  I😘 your posts.  I never know what is Really going on in this Country. Your posts help shed light light on the truth. My thanks to All the factual information posted on this forum... Nancy 

You could ask your military personnel you are always talking about?  As RK said, this is not a news site, but a discussion forum.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 50

@n566192l wrote:

Richva

Thank you for clarifying this issue for me.  I😘 your posts.  I never know what is Really going on in this Country. Your posts help shed light light on the truth. My thanks to All the factual information posted on this forum... Nancy 

You are right, Nancy.  You'll see many actually use resources to support their opinions or lead a topic from a reputable source.  Some prefer to just distort what they've heard on Fox or Limblah.  You can tell who these Fake News purveyors are; it's rather clear.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 50

Nancy - this is not a news site.

Kudos
Views