Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Don't you all feel silly now?

Message 11 of 50

@n566192l wrote:

TxGrandpa2

Thank you for your reply to me.  Since,  I needed to learn about the Hatch Act,  I goggled it. You might want to check out the current news of the day , regarding this Act.  My sincerest thanks Nancy 

Yes indeed, the hatch act is in the news.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 50

TxGrandpa2

Thank you for bringing to my attention, the issue of being accompanied by an Assemblywoman today.  I guess you might say my work is under review. I wish to expand  the guidelines of the current grant. That's all Nancy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 50

TxGrandpa2

My father was a Col in the Marines. He was an Attorney. That's all. I remember this conversation,  you asked me if I was riding in a Staff car.  When I was donating plasma at a Naval Base. I think that there is some misunderstanding. I  will restate, 

My father was one of many Marine Cols, serving on active duty from 1950 until 1980. Then the reserves for another few years.  He never saw any action,  as he was an attorney. 

The Service Personal  I interact with are mostly homeless. I wrote a small grant in an attempt to help find them a placement.  Unfortunately,  I have only been able to assist 14  veterans find a residence during a 2 year period. 

I also watch the dogs of current personnel  who get deployed.

To answer your question regarding veterans in uniform,  sadly no.  I try to supply the veterans with any clothing,  personal care items I can.  Lastly,  there really is an SS LEAHY. Thanks to my parents,  LEAHY,  just happens to be my last name. I hope I have answered your current questions regarding my posts,  and how and why I interact with Service Personal.. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 50

@n566192l wrote:

I don't see where my posts violated the Hatch Act.  But,  Since I had to google the Act,  I will ask the Assemblywoman I am assisting today.Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Nancy 

The suggestion was regarding the servicemen you keep referring to, no doubt in uniform, and their comments about the President.  I don't believe that this is a question on the state level, but rather federal.  You did say that your father was a Staff Judge Advocate?

Have a good day now, further discussion of this will be considered trolling.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 50

TxGrandpa2,

I will gladly answer any question or questions you may have for my.  The only question I can find was the one regarding the Hatch Act.  According to the charges currently filed against prominent members of the Trump administration,  I don't see where my posts violated the Hatch Act.  But,  Since I had to google the Act,  I will ask the Assemblywoman I am assisting today.Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 50

TxGrandpa2

Sorry,  this new format is really throwing off.  Can please retype your question.  Thank you Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 50

TxGrandpa2

Can you please update me on what your research finds? I just want to learn and know the truth. I am limited by my  the use of my simple Smartphone. You have access to research more in detail. Thank you for your anticipated response and research.. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 50

@n566192l wrote:

when I goggled the Hatch Act, I saw that 10 charges where filed against members of the Trump Administration. I am not sure if this information is accurate or not.  So,  I asked you to see the updates on this Act.

Again, and how does that relate to your posts?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 50

TxGrandpa2

Sorry for the delay  to your reply.  I think Aarp changed the format on this site. I  had to get up to speed.  Anyway, when I goggled the Hatch Act, I saw that 10 charges where filed against members of the Trump Administration. I am not sure if this information is accurate or not.  So,  I asked you to see the updates on this Act. That's all. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 50

TxGrandpa2

Thank you for your reply to me.  Since,  I needed to learn about the Hatch Act,  I goggled it. You might want to check out the current news of the day , regarding this Act.  My sincerest thanks Nancy 

And what does that mean in relation to your remarks?  Appears that there is much more than meets the eye.  But good try at attempting to deflect from my previous post.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors