WATCH VIDEO: Day 5 of Iowa presidential candidate forum with Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1226
Views

Re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

1,226 Views
Message 1 of 50

I hope all realize this thread was started in 2017, and we see the far right bring it back. Why? AARP has always supported programs that help Seniors that means it has never supported anything the far right Reb. have done as all they want to do is hurt Seniors. The poor far right they tell us their joined AARP and now they find out it helps people they are quiting.  It does prove once again the experts correct about who makes up the far right. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1226
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
1231
Views

Re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

1,231 Views
Message 2 of 50

@dahvip wrote:

I just read how the Democrats have scored a big success as AARP is endorsing the Health Care Bill. If this is true, then this is the final straw for me. I am going to cancel my membership from this organization that is nothing but an extension of the Democratic Party. The Health Care Bill is one more step toward the Socialist state that the Obama administration and Democrats seem determined to implement. This is another $1.2 Trillion added to the debt. Part of the payment of this debt is to come out of Medicare that will of course effect all of us. The debt and higher taxes will then fall on our children, grandchildren and great grand children to service the debt. The annual cost of living increase on SS has been canceled by the Democrats. Where is the uproar from the AARP. You see the leadership of the AARP are big contributors to the Democratic Party and to Obama. The AARP obviously does not represent the interest of Seniors and puts their political affiliation with the Democrats infront of our interest. It does not matter if you are Republican, Democrat, liberal or conservative as we are all going to suffer equally while the AARP does nothing to represent us.


Do Any Kind Of FACTS Matter to you folks?

 

Here is the First Page of the Politics & Society Forum at 4 PM on June 28 2019

 

These Are the Posts on the First Page All Started by Resident Trump Supporters

 

Hardly Representative of Only One Party - Democrats

 

 

 

 

GOP.png

 

gop 1.png

 

gop 2.png

 

gop 3.png

 

gop 4.png

 

gop 5.png

 

gop 6.png

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
1231
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
1244
Views

Re: re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

1,244 Views
Message 3 of 50

AARP supports things that actually work for the benefit of Seniors, but this is concealed from those in the Fox-Phenomina wherein all is appearance and nothing has substance.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
1244
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
1245
Views

Re: re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

1,245 Views
Message 4 of 50

@drproctortx wrote:
In Response to post:

If the AARP endorses the Democratic Health Care Bill, I will cancel my membership.  This will show that the AARP does not represent its membership, but rather the liberal left. 

I've already cancelled.


Then return forthwith to the fox echo chamber

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
1245
Views
Info Seeker
0
Kudos
1249
Views

Re: re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

1,249 Views
Message 5 of 50

I understand personal opinions regarding politics are theirs. When a company that receives funds from a diverse membership uses those funds to back their own personal preferences, that is abuse of power. The numbers for 2018, for those that don't know are as follows: Total political contributions - $92,700. The Democrats received 95% of these funds, Republicans received 5%. This does not seem bipartisan at all. Google "does aarp support democrats" and websites will show you that since the time they started looking into these figures, the dems are always favored. Those who are anti-crazy Demonrats don't get their dollars put where they might think. Is 5% off at Dennys really worth supporting this garbage?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1249
Views
Info Seeker
3
Kudos
4383
Views

Re: re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

4,383 Views
Message 6 of 50

I agree which is why I'm not renewing

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
4383
Views
Info Seeker
6
Kudos
7439
Views

Re: re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

7,439 Views
Message 7 of 50

Please cancel my membership immediatly as I will not allow my hardearned money to be wasted on suppsorting  the Democratic Party. I'm sure they or you won't miss my membership but I'll feel like I did my part. I've had a disabled veteran gut full of Pelosi and Shumer and the rest of the Democratic wants and needs and not the wants and needs of the American People. Don't waste paper and postage on sending me a renewal because I won't even open it.

Report Inappropriate Content
6
Kudos
7439
Views
Conversationalist
4
Kudos
23557
Views

Re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

23,557 Views
Message 8 of 50
Sadly, there are many in our nation who are blinded to TRUTH, by their own HATRED. It seems that what many people see as TRUTH, is what the majority of their chosen INPUT tells the. IN other words, we only know what we are told. That is exactly why I detest the Pundits and those Opinionators on the television and in our printed periodicals. It all boils down to WHO is really telling us the TRUTH. Too many minds are unable to discern truth from fiction, or news from opinion.. ALL the media tends to slant the occurances to their own way of thinking. I understand that because of his strong personality, many do not like our POTUS, and so anything he does is seen with skepticism. However, even a broken clock is right twice daily, and I believe that he has a true LOVE of AMERICA, and that he wants this nation to be the World Leader that it once was. HOW to accomplish that goal seems to be the sticking point. None of us are likely to actually change our opinions, and so this discourse seems to be useless. Maybe others who read it, will sek to do some of their OWN RESEARCH regarding what we have presented.
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
23557
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
23588
Views

Re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

23,588 Views
Message 9 of 50

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:


Lets go by the numbers.

1. The far right of the Reb. Party does not support Seniors except the very rich ones. They opposed SS, and Medi Care, and have been trying to kill both programs for years. They did bring in the  Drug (Part D ) but that was really to help the drug cos. as it prevented Medi Care from getting price savings from them. If you understand SS and how it was created and funded you understand what you say is not true. SS will be solvent as long as we have groups like AARP and people who counter the far right Reb.  Congress has not used SS as their piggy bank. That is right wing Reb. nonsense.  The program was designed so that the current work force funds the previous work force. That is how my Grandmother was able to get SS when it was created.

2. Neither program is based on privatization, it is based on what I said in para 1. The Govt. assumption that there are a large number of people to stupid to manage their finances is a good one as it is true. What you pay into SS can not be put into your account as you have no account, and never will. The program was not designed that way. If your suggested way was followed after the Bush crash most accounts would have been wiped out, and the people thrown into complete poverty.

3. It is not silly as there is a faction of the Reb. party (far right) which is made up of people who have no understanding of most subjects and are easy to lead and that stops this country from being a world leader. Just look at our new President and how he is ending the US. That faction of the Reb. party are the Trump voters. You are correct that no one has the right to use violence to gain what they want, but when groups do as we learned from Germany the people have a duty to stand up and stop them like we saw in Va., and quite a few other places. Right now this country is like Germany in the early 1930 and will we make the same mistake.

4. This para makes no sense. You refer to Jay Sekulow who is a far right lawyer and Christian TV preacher. He is on the Trump team and he has never told the truth on any subject he is on TV as part of that team. That says it all about him. Why don't you expand in detail on what you mean. Give solid examples.


Let's go by the numbers:

1. There is no such a thing in our body politic known as the Reb. Party.

2. The Republican Party has been trying to update programs such as SS with something more creative than "throw more money at it".

3. As to the "piggy bank" aspect of SS - it was LBJ that moved the SS Trust Fund into the general fund in order to hide the cost of Nam.

4. Partial privatization treats people as adults and allows them to make decisions beneficial to themselves - as apposed to "nanny government" taking care of them.

5. There is an element of the Democratic Party (the neoMarxists) that have no respect for people and sees them as mere pawns to be taken care of in exchange for their votes. That function is the Hillary and Bernie voters.

6. Agreed. It is important that we stand up and stop what we saw in VA. Masked blackshirt mobs taking over from law enforcement to enforce the law as they see fit smacks of the Nazis of Germany or the Fascists of Italy.

7. "has never told the truth" is a bit of a broad statement. Possibly you can prove that or withdraw it.

-__________________________________________________________________

For the last time by the numbers.

1. You are incorrect.

2. Not true. Facts show they want to kill it.

3. Not true.

4. Pure nonsense.

5. Not true

6. You are correct. Look at the film shown on C Span yesterday produced by the Army in 1953 to show how Hitler came to power in the early 1930. You will see what is happening in this country today with Trump. For more prof the same type of film has been on the AHC Channel, PBS, and C-Span. You can see it on the AHC as part of a 5 part series they will run shortly. We follow the path of Germany with Trump.

7. He has never told the truth and it has been proved by the experts. It is fact and no one can change that.



You really could have simplified this "by the numbers". It seems like:

1) I'm right;

2) You're wrong;

3) I don't want to talk about it.


What I gave were facts and as I have said before neither you nor I can change that period. When the facts change we might talk again, but until then we will not.


These are not facts, they are snippet formatted opinions:

1. You are incorrect.

2. Not true. Facts show they want to kill it.

3. Not true.

4. Pure nonsense.

5. Not true

.......as is you opinion of the Army film about Hitler.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
23588
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
23604
Views

Re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

23,604 Views
Message 10 of 50

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:


Lets go by the numbers.

1. The far right of the Reb. Party does not support Seniors except the very rich ones. They opposed SS, and Medi Care, and have been trying to kill both programs for years. They did bring in the  Drug (Part D ) but that was really to help the drug cos. as it prevented Medi Care from getting price savings from them. If you understand SS and how it was created and funded you understand what you say is not true. SS will be solvent as long as we have groups like AARP and people who counter the far right Reb.  Congress has not used SS as their piggy bank. That is right wing Reb. nonsense.  The program was designed so that the current work force funds the previous work force. That is how my Grandmother was able to get SS when it was created.

2. Neither program is based on privatization, it is based on what I said in para 1. The Govt. assumption that there are a large number of people to stupid to manage their finances is a good one as it is true. What you pay into SS can not be put into your account as you have no account, and never will. The program was not designed that way. If your suggested way was followed after the Bush crash most accounts would have been wiped out, and the people thrown into complete poverty.

3. It is not silly as there is a faction of the Reb. party (far right) which is made up of people who have no understanding of most subjects and are easy to lead and that stops this country from being a world leader. Just look at our new President and how he is ending the US. That faction of the Reb. party are the Trump voters. You are correct that no one has the right to use violence to gain what they want, but when groups do as we learned from Germany the people have a duty to stand up and stop them like we saw in Va., and quite a few other places. Right now this country is like Germany in the early 1930 and will we make the same mistake.

4. This para makes no sense. You refer to Jay Sekulow who is a far right lawyer and Christian TV preacher. He is on the Trump team and he has never told the truth on any subject he is on TV as part of that team. That says it all about him. Why don't you expand in detail on what you mean. Give solid examples.


Let's go by the numbers:

1. There is no such a thing in our body politic known as the Reb. Party.

2. The Republican Party has been trying to update programs such as SS with something more creative than "throw more money at it".

3. As to the "piggy bank" aspect of SS - it was LBJ that moved the SS Trust Fund into the general fund in order to hide the cost of Nam.

4. Partial privatization treats people as adults and allows them to make decisions beneficial to themselves - as apposed to "nanny government" taking care of them.

5. There is an element of the Democratic Party (the neoMarxists) that have no respect for people and sees them as mere pawns to be taken care of in exchange for their votes. That function is the Hillary and Bernie voters.

6. Agreed. It is important that we stand up and stop what we saw in VA. Masked blackshirt mobs taking over from law enforcement to enforce the law as they see fit smacks of the Nazis of Germany or the Fascists of Italy.

7. "has never told the truth" is a bit of a broad statement. Possibly you can prove that or withdraw it.

-__________________________________________________________________

For the last time by the numbers.

1. You are incorrect.

2. Not true. Facts show they want to kill it.

3. Not true.

4. Pure nonsense.

5. Not true

6. You are correct. Look at the film shown on C Span yesterday produced by the Army in 1953 to show how Hitler came to power in the early 1930. You will see what is happening in this country today with Trump. For more prof the same type of film has been on the AHC Channel, PBS, and C-Span. You can see it on the AHC as part of a 5 part series they will run shortly. We follow the path of Germany with Trump.

7. He has never told the truth and it has been proved by the experts. It is fact and no one can change that.



You really could have simplified this "by the numbers". It seems like:

1) I'm right;

2) You're wrong;

3) I don't want to talk about it.


What I gave were facts and as I have said before neither you nor I can change that period. When the facts change we might talk again, but until then we will not.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
23604
Views