Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 41 of 257

@michalot58 wrote:

As a fellow military retiree, your assessment is correct. Dump AARP. I found I can get the better  products and service from organizations like MOAA.

Plus, those military organizations support & fight for things I believe in whereas AARP is just a shill for the Democrats & select insurance companies.

In my state, the AARP ringleader is a former Clinton operative.

Under her watch, they openly campaigned for Dems and their agenda.

Trump has approved Russia putting a bounty on the heads of our military serving in AFG of up to $100,000 and we know there have been payout under the program.

As a military retiree when you back Trump you back everything he has done.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 257

It's truly unfortunate that some people watch the FOX Propaganda Network seven days a week and believe standing up for seniors is somehow the equivalent of being a Democrat.

At least we know the Trump Republican Party is trying to hurt/damage both Social Security and Medicare. One can never accuse the AARP of doing that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 257

As a fellow military retiree, your assessment is correct. Dump AARP. I found I can get the better  products and service from organizations like MOAA.

Plus, those military organizations support & fight for things I believe in whereas AARP is just a shill for the Democrats & select insurance companies.

In my state, the AARP ringleader is a former Clinton operative.

Under her watch, they openly campaigned for Dems and their agenda.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 257

I honestly don't know if they do or not, but I have read through enough comments here to know that joining AARP last year was obviously a mistake. I really don't see anything that I get from this membership that my military retirement affiliations don't already give me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 257

AARP gives everyone an opportunity  to voice their opinions on this site....never asked me what my party affiliation was.  .    

I don't care how many times Obama and Trump played golf.   

I  really  DO care how Obama handled EBOLA....and how badly Trump handled Coronavirus

"And we have to keep leading the global response, because the best way to stop this disease, the best way to keep Americans safe, is to stop it at its source — in West Africa." – President Obama. (That's history now....thank you pandemic experts---and Joe Biden and the Obama team.)

WASHINGTON—In May 2018, President Donald Trump’s biodefense preparedness adviser warned that a flu pandemic was the country’s No. 1 health security threat, and the U.S. was not prepared. The White House dismantled the National Security Council’s global health security office and when asked about it Trump said " .“I just think it's a nasty question,” the president responded. “And when you say ‘me,' I didn't do it. ... I don't know anything about it.”

( TRUMP gives his standard reply when he faces hard questions  ...I see nothing...I do nothing....I know nothing. }

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 257

Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

-------------------------------------------

If you can't tell why does it matter to you? If the positions of AARP and the Democratic Party are so similar you need to ask this question, they must both be representing the interests of senior citizens.

If AARP is overtly supporting the Democratic Party and you find this unacceptable, leave.

If AARP's support of seniors coincides with many Democratic Party legal and political tenets, does this pose a problem for you? Only you can say.

If you honestly can't tell whether AARP represents seniors or the Democratic Party, their objectives must coincide frequently or there would be no need to ask the question.

Who do you expect to answer this question for you? What's preventing you from finding the answer yourself?

Are you trying to make a point and disguising it as a question?

I fail to grasp the purpose of this topic.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 257
welcome and THANK YOU from another Indy!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 257

I am Independent and tired of all the drama Trump brings. I will be voting for Joe Biden this year.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 257

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I'm an Independent...your posts indicate otherwise. No, they don't.  There are MANY Independents that loath trump.  

Overall, 67% said Trump has mostly increased racial tensions, including 92% of Democrats, 73% of independents, 88% of Africans Americans and 63% of whites.

Poll: Two-Thirds Think Trump Made Racial Tensions Worse After Floyd Was Killed 

The president's approval ratings have always seen a strong partisan divide, with the most recent ratings among Republicans at 85%, independents at 39% and Democrats at 5%

Poll: Democrats, Independents, GOP All Turning on Trump Amid Coronavirus, Protests 

And the Pope is a Methodist.  Yes, just as much a Methodist as trump isn't a racist bigot

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 257

dnjs wrote:"Richva- According to a site (I assume is run by anti-Trumpers, due to the commentary being so negative on Trump) Trump has played golf 119 times since taking office. According to the same site, Obama played golf 161 times (322 total for 8 years) in comparison. Also, there are reports that at times Obama had to use a 747 to make his golf trips because he brought along TOOO many people to fit them in Air Force One. Helps to get the facts BEFORE you spout fake news. (PS, I'm not in love with Trump, just feel people should know the TRUTH... that's what's MOST important!) Vote YOUR opinion, NOT someone else's!"

My reply:

Obama actually played golf 113 times during his first term.  (The number you found is simply dividing his total number in half and is not using an apples to apples comparison, i.e. the number of days in office.

On a day by day basis, Trump is spending more time on the golf course than Obama did per days in office.

You will need to attach a link to a report about using 747s used by Obama (Air Force One is a 747) since there are numerous inaccurate memes circulating about Obama's trips.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, September 17 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Prevention, Treatments, Vaccines & Avoiding Scams

Call: 1-855-274-9507