Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 71 of 271
I actually research ALL news, if I'm interested in the topic. Some are just biased, some downright LIE!! There are many CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC that write what they want to be the news. Fox is generally biased towards the other side, but at least they admit the bias but still give to some info so you can make up your mind by going and finding the source to get the ALL the FACTS!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 271

If AARP claims to be center.... then why is all the information in their "ask the candidates" PRO Democrat and NEG republican and only ONE about an Independent??? Page after page, after page. And why is incorrect information allowed to be placed without ANY corrections even suggested??? I tried to get information on candidates.... I found lots of info that was just plain WRONG and found myself feeling as though I was being PUSHED towards certain POLITICAL agendas. I have voted Dem, Repub, Ind, Lib and Tea parties in my life. Always voted for the individual, NOT the party! The republican agenda under Trump does NOT want to do away with Medicare or Social Security! As a matter of FACT, He's the ONLY President who has tried to put in safeguards to PROTECT it from being "borrowed" from other govt groups. This has occurred SOOOO many times in the past that both are now in jeopardy! As voters, we need the CORRECT information!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 271

Problem is GOPerBots have an entire media conglomerate designed to tell them comfortable lies 24/7, and, since its the only "news" they listen to, they think its real.

It's like their unshakable belief the Clintons committed numerous heinous crimes including murder, BUT 12 years of Republican Rule cannot find evidence for a single INDICTMENT, let alone actual charges to be brought. Common sense tells sane people there's no crimes, but GOPerBots get fed nonsense about some "Deep State" that prevents the crimes from coming to light, so they buy more guns knowing(sic) that tomorrow Deep State will send in the black helicopters to take them away.

The GOPerLords who finance all this lying do so to keep their slaves from noticing their enslavement. The Republican Base is too busy worrying about imaginary dangers they don't notice they're earning LESS today than their parents did back in 1964, and because they don't notice, they don't ask WHY when those at the top are making TEN TIMES as much, THEIR kids owe more in college loans than they did for their first home mortgage.

Amazing that the shell game has continued for 40 years, and that neoCon base thinks the most important challenge facing America is the need for a wall on the southern border, and lower taxes for the rich.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 271

C T posted,,

Trump is trying to destroy healthcare, reduce social security, and medicare.
================================================================

And that indicates that AARP is independent? 

I'm an Independent...your posts indicate otherwise.

And the Pope is a Methodist.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 271

LOL The Democrats support Seniors? Is that why they were putting so many Covid-19 infected in the nursing homes infecting so many more? Blow that smoke up some else behind.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 271

lol

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 271

I Said Democratic party, pretty much sums it up. I consider Social Security & Medicare "my" money I paid in for when I am older. So let me put it this way. Has AARP endorsed anything for the democratic party?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 271

Even though I'm an Independent, another way of looking at this is the Democratic Party represents Seniors. Trump is trying to destroy healthcare, reduce social security, and medicare. When the AARP stands up for healthcare, social security, and medicare, it's pushing the same agenda as the Democratic Party.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 271

Fishslayer,

Sorry, but if your definition of "leftist" is anything to the left of a far right extremist stance, then the question is valid and is not a straw man gotcha question. 

Read lk's reply, it addresses that very issue.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 271

@sp362 

As with everything, it depends on what is YOUR definition of what is "left" and what is "right".  Do you consider social security and Medicare to be "left"?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That sounds like a question from the White-house press corp. ... you know, a gotcha question. Are you taking polls for politico or CNN?

Do you support the burning of businesses and the destruction of private property? See how that works? 

Straw man argument, but nice try.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, October 1 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event