Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Does AARP represent the Democratic Party or Seniors?

Message 1 of 124

@mikef524 wrote:

Check out The Center for Responsive Politics web page and you can decide for yourself.:

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000023726&cycle=2020

The site breaks down contributions by: Totals, Recipients, Congressional Committees, Lobbying, News

It also provides links to bills, Congressional & Senate sponsors (& their donors, bills they sponsor or support), corporations.

Interesting stats. Shows members give to parties, and org. works for Seniors to make life better. That is why we have AARP so they are doing the job we joined for. I would welcome you to the site but it looks like you have been here since 2013.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 124

Check out The Center for Responsive Politics web page and you can decide for yourself.:

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000023726&cycle=2020

The site breaks down contributions by: Totals, Recipients, Congressional Committees, Lobbying, News

It also provides links to bills, Congressional & Senate sponsors (& their donors, bills they sponsor or support), corporations.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy53

Be specific KidBoy2. What do they do that is "liberal"?????? What programs are they for and what makes you say they don't care how they are paid for? Be specific just once, you can do it.

===================================================================

Free health care....fee(sic) college...forgive student loans...all big...and many more!

Tax based health care, not "free" (or "fee") ....... WE are a BIG country so we should do BIG things.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 124
ChasKy53

Be specific KidBoy2. What do they do that is "liberal"?????? What programs are they for and what makes you say they don't care how they are paid for? Be specific just once, you can do it.

===================================================================

Free health care....fee college...forgive student loans...all big...and many more!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy53 posted...

YOU are the one that needs to "get up to speed". National health care is not "free" and no one ever claimed it to be, it is tax based. NO one claimed "free college" either. College being included in public school would be tax based just as pubic school grades 1 through 12 are. "forgiving student loans" could easily be done if we switched to including college in public schools.

=============================================================

You need to get up to speed. Free health care....fee college...forgive student loans...all big...and many more!

Providing those things through taxes is not free.  Get up to speed KidBoy !

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
JimmyP87524 posted..

I have been a member of AARP for many years and never thought about which party they back. now i find they back the democrats. which is a disgrace. You have got the last dime from me. Do not send me any of your literature because it will go unopened and go in the garbage.

======================================================

Yes, AARP is liberal. They are for programs and do not seem to care how they will be paid for....typical of liberals. I do read their magazines which have some good information in them.

Be specific KidBoy2. What do they do that is "liberal"??????  What programs are they for and what makes you say they don't care how they are paid for?  Be specific just once, you can do it.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 124
ChasKy53 posted...

YOU are the one that needs to "get up to speed". National health care is not "free" and no one ever claimed it to be, it is tax based. NO one claimed "free college" either. College being included in public school would be tax based just as pubic school grades 1 through 12 are. "forgiving student loans" could easily be done if we switched to including college in public schools.

=============================================================

You need to get up to speed. Free health care....fee college...forgive student loans...all big...and many more!
Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

Oddly, I have never heard any liberal suggest we can get something for nothing. I have heard regressives tell us that if we give the rich more money it will trickle down to the pockets of everyone else. I have heard Trump say that he could cut taxes for the rich and it would be a wonderful thing for America. I have never heard a liberal say we could get something for nothing. Please feel free to post a link if you have one.

=========================================================

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 124

This post is more than ten years old. Reading it now makes me laugh at the outlandish opposition to the ACA or Obamacare. Let me update this a little bit. The ACA will celebrate its 10th anniversary on March 23 this year. So what has it accomplished and what remains left to do?

First, the ACA has insured millions of previously and otherwise uninsured Americans. The number and percentage of uninsured Americans is much less now than it was a decade ago. 

Second, the ACA by covering at no cost to the insured all preventative care as well as immunizations has made a significant difference in the overall health of the people of the United States. How many cancers were discovered in its early stages because of no cost colonosccopies or mammograms? 

Third, because of the ACA, hiring and new job creation in the health care sector has taken off like a rocket. In the spring of 2011, I was a participant in a series of community forums on the effect of the ACA on the regional economy of northeastern Ohio around Cleveland and Akron. Representatives of the area health care systems predicted that because of the ACA covering more previously uninsured people, the increased demand for health care services would create more than 10,000 new jobs over the next decade. as of 2019, less than a decade later; that estimated figure was an understatement as more than 12,000 new jobs in health care were created in northeastern Ohio. One individual who I know in the health care field said that if the ACA were to be repealed, that would send the economy into a severe recession. 

The ACA is far from perfect and there are many thiings that must be done to make it better. Over the past decade, the Republican party has made its rallying call the "repeal and replace" of the ACA or Obamacare. But despite more than 60 votes in congress to repeal the ACA, it still stands. Despite the Republican party controlling both houses of congress and the presidency, it still stands. 

Donald Trump campaigned for the presidency in 2016 promising to "repeal and replace" the ACA with something that would be "terrific" and cost less while covering more than the ACA. But when it came time to produce, there was nothing to show. There were no rabbits in Trump's hat. 

I can tell this forum what needs and should be done to make the ACA work better. It can be done if we only had the political will and courage to do that as well as put aside petty party differences and work together rather than promise something that doesn't exist. That will be the topic of another post from me soon. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 124
JimmyP87524 posted..

I have been a member of AARP for many years and never thought about which party they back. now i find they back the democrats. which is a disgrace. You have got the last dime from me. Do not send me any of your literature because it will go unopened and go in the garbage.

======================================================

Yes, AARP is liberal. They are for programs and do not seem to care how they will be paid for....typical of liberals. I do read their magazines which have some good information in them.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors