Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Doctors Warn More Children Could Die

Message 21 of 51

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Its very sad when anyone dies, especially a child .

It happens.  

Missoula Health Dept. confirms 6-year-old died of flu

Looks like the death was reported by NBC - probably why Republicans missed it. As to an outcry, did NOT see anything indicating the child was being held by the US Government agents in a substandard detention facility, so the only one's that would be reporting it would be those who want another bright-shinny WHATABOUTTHISism to divert attention from the children killed by Republican policies.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

More planning needs to be done here. More medical supplies are needed. Less over crowding of the people in our government's care. This whole situation needs to be fixed.

No, more should be done to persuade these "migrants" from entering this country illegally.  And especially more to spread the word that bringing young children with them doesn't give them any special consideration.  The more you give them, the more that will come. 

Exactly.  When you provide an incentive for coming, they will come (no wall, sanctuary states/cities, free education, free welfare, free healthcare, free college, free cell phones, voting in liberal areas without id, etc).

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 51

@n566192l wrote:

More planning needs to be done here. More medical supplies are needed. Less over crowding of the people in our government's care. This whole situation needs to be fixed.

No, more should be done to persuade these "migrants" from entering this country illegally.  And especially more to spread the word that bringing young children with them doesn't give them any special consideration.  The more you give them, the more that will come. 

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 51

Gruffstuff,

All the time we hear about watching children and the elderly when there's an out break. Plus, as you stated gulags where these individuals are being kepted. What has this country become? How do we get HER back.?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 51
If he had been in one of these gulags he might not have made it...........................Good thing you are a responsible parent and took care of your child. Bet your child would not have been able to make a 2000 mile trip even early on in his sickness. You are talking about several days. You have no idea how long this bug, virus or whatever had been working on your child. If I were you, I would drop my name with the caravan group that you can take care of any child they need you to. That way, you personally will know the status of their health and can act quickly if needed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 51

They don't just suddenly get sick overnight from diseases.

Yes they do, our child got sick on a Friday, we took him to urgent care on Saturday because we didn't want to make his regular pediatrician come in for a office visit on a Saturday, they would not give us antibiotics,  we took him to his regular pediatrician on Monday and by then he had pneumonia.

He had pneumonia  for Christmas, he almost had to be hospitalized. 

Repeat return visits, chest  xrays, sick for two weeks.

Not feeling well on Friday to pneumonia on Monday, with a doctor's office visit and mom and dad looking after him.

If he had been in one of these gulags he might not have made it.

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 51

Let's just agree. More planning needs to be done here. More medical supplies are needed. Less over crowding of the people in our government's care. This whole situation needs to be fixed. No more stupid Tweets. Trump wanted the job as our president, time to step up to the plate and do the job. I feel our Country has lost sight of what we stand for. We sent a man to the moon, back before cell phone s, I am sure if we don't lose sight here. We can get out of this mess. We can all be proud to be called Americans once again. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 51

@Richva wrote:

ms.

Yes. The kidnappers should not be held responsible for any deaths among their hostages. That is just common sense. 

A very facetious post but what should we expect.  Has nothing to do with parents being responsible for their children.  Or with the discussion.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 51

They literally risk everything to make the journey, it's not a feckless whim...................This speaks so well to what I tried to point out. This parent risk everything including their child to make this trip. What ever happened to trying to make it better in one's own surroundings? I think unless my real cause was to try to extort money, I would have done that. What is the violent situation they are trying to flee? With the illegals already here killing people and being protected, what says they will be safe here? You should try making my drive in to work with me in the morning. There are people on the road who don't seem to work, but have their cell phones and if you are not extremely careful they hit your car. There are scantily dressed women in the malls during lunch time should I go with a healthy male behind her swollen belly and two or three other kids tagging along. Both of them are on the phone. As soon as she drops that baby, he will plant another one.  He keeps her dressed to suit his sexual needs.  They don't appear to have a job and will walk through you if you don't hold your ground on your path. My tax dollars at work. I am waiting for one of them to try to grab my handbag. This is one of the reasons I have taken a lot of self defense.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

That's the whole point of not separating children from their parents, once ICE or border patrol separates them from the parent and takes them into custody the US government is the care taker.

Children are not little adults,  things can go south fast, for all the reasons listed in the article.

Blame the parents if you want, but the children are blameless,  they should not be damaged or abused by we the people.

But these children are still with their parents who have responsibility for them....from bringing them on a dangerous journey to monitoring their health.  They don't just suddenly get sick overnight from diseases.  If our children were getting sick we would have noted the symptoms.

Yes. The kidnappers should not be held responsible for any deaths among their hostages. That is just common sense. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors