Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Doctors Warn More Children Could Die

Message 11 of 51

KidBoy2: 
The family had total control of their children's health....not our government. Not that hard to understand if you think about it. 

I have thought about it and I understand that you're trying to compare apples to oranges and can't figure out why it's absurd.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

And what does standards in other countries have to do with those illegals that are detained?  Two children that has only recently arrived illegally dies, yet you make it sound as if there were scores?  And were they not given the same medical treatment as any child? 

You keep moving around and around...even to kidnappers then to the treatment these children received.  Have you seen medical care facilities in third world countries?  I'm sure they received better treatment than in their native country.

Of course you are still attempting to obfuscate any discussion. 

Have a good evening.

"Discussion"?  

I think your position is that any child taken into custody by the United States government and subsequently dies was the responsibility of the Easter Bunny to protect.  If I have that wrong, please tell me who was responsible for the child while in U.S. custody and how they would exercise their responsibility? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 51

@Richva wrote:

"Comparable to ours"?  You do realize that children given into the custody of the government are DYING right?  I consider that to be a tad on the worse side of treatment options. 

And what does standards in other countries have to do with those illegals that are detained?  Two children that has only recently arrived illegally dies, yet you make it sound as if there were scores?  And were they not given the same medical treatment as any child? 

You keep moving around and around...even to kidnappers then to the treatment these children received.  Have you seen medical care facilities in third world countries?  I'm sure they received better treatment than in their native country.

Of course you are still attempting to obfuscate any discussion. 

Have a good evening.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

You are correct, once the world knows how poorly these individuals are being treated and 

Detained for long periods of time, without any do process. I often wonder, how the American people would react if another Country was doing this to children.

I don't recall mentioning about how poorly these individuals are being treated.  Could you point that out?  I am aware that when one attempts to help anyone in these third world countries that the more you give, the more they want. 

And I have seen the treatment given children in other countries.  The problem is that we expect standards in other countries to be comparable to ours.  And those in those countries think that life here is nirvana.

"Comparable to ours"?  You do realize that children given into the custody of the government are DYING right?  I consider that to be a tad on the worse side of treatment options. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 51

@n566192l wrote:

You are correct, once the world knows how poorly these individuals are being treated and 

Detained for long periods of time, without any do process. I often wonder, how the American people would react if another Country was doing this to children.

I don't recall mentioning about how poorly these individuals are being treated.  Could you point that out?  I am aware that when one attempts to help anyone in these third world countries that the more you give, the more they want. 

And I have seen the treatment given children in other countries.  The problem is that we expect standards in other countries to be comparable to ours.  And those in those countries think that life here is nirvana.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 51

TxGrandpa2,

I was referring to the individuals already in our government's care. I feel we are way beyond full capacity. I truly hope no one else wants to try to enter here. You are correct, once the world knows how poorly these individuals are being treated and 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 51

@Richva wrote:

If you take a child away from his or her parents, you are required, by law, to act in loco parentis

Of course, you are trying to obfuscate the issue by attempting to equate the situation to kidnapping.  The child wasn't kidnapped.  He was still with his father who endangered him by making the dangerous journey from Guatemala.  He and his father were lawfully detained for entering the country, and was still in the care of the father.

Is there a reason that you are attempting to take this off topic by bringing in kidnapping?  What does Trump have to do with this discussion?  They were lawfully detained by existing laws that were in effect during Obama's 'reign'.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 51

@Soosie wrote:

When did Trump or the United States become the care taker for every child born? 

When they took custody of them. Pretty simple.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 51

@gruffstuff wrote:

They don't just suddenly get sick overnight from diseases.

Yes they do, our child got sick on a Friday, we took him to urgent care on Saturday because we didn't want to make his regular pediatrician come in for a office visit on a Saturday, they would not give us antibiotics,  we took him to his regular pediatrician on Monday and by then he had pneumonia.

These don't develop overnight but the symptoms are developing over a period of time.  I believe the boy was taken to doctors by the CBP just like you did to yours.  The doctor medicated him and sent him home.  The incubation period for the flu is 1 - 4 days. So was the CBP responsible?  Whose fault was it that the father and son was detained by CBP?  And are Border Patrol personnel required to check the health of every detainee every day?  The father was there.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

ms.

Yes. The kidnappers should not be held responsible for any deaths among their hostages. That is just common sense. 

A very facetious post but what should we expect.  Has nothing to do with parents being responsible for their children.  Or with the discussion.

It actually does.  If you take a child away from his or her parents, you are required, by law, to act in loco parentis and take on all the responsibilities of a parent.  If any kidnapper had taken a child away from his or her parents and the child died, it would be a mandatory death penalty/life imprisonment for the kidnappers.   If it is done under Trump's reign, he tries to blame everybody else just like a good little Snowflake. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors