Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
179
Views

179 Views
Message 11 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:
    @@rk9152 wrote:


 

Having an election not go your way and being unable to get over it does not make you a martyr, it makes you a crybaby.


Naw.


Liberals have been crying over losing since the polls closed, starting with the Cryer in Chief Obama.


Well gee, since Trump lost the popular vote, we kind of assumed he would not be president but here he is.  It HAS been entertaining watching him take apart the Republican party though. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
179
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
178
Views

178 Views
Message 12 of 45

@Richva wrote:
    @@rk9152 wrote:


 

Having an election not go your way and being unable to get over it does not make you a martyr, it makes you a crybaby.


Naw.


Liberals have been crying over losing since the polls closed, starting with the Cryer in Chief Obama.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
178
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
182
Views

182 Views
Message 13 of 45

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

When Obama was president, I worried that he would be assassinated by someone that liberals associate with conservatives, e.g., KKK. I worried because, as a martyr, Obama would achieve more liberal goals than he did alive. Also, there would be riots, and I would be forced to listen to eulogies and Candle in the Wind crap 24/7 by the liberal media. That fantasy was my nightmare. There is no doubt in my mind that, had Obama been assassinated, America would now be a socialist state, probably with Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders as president. When Obama's presidency ended with him alive, I felt like I had dodged a bullet.

 

I'm wondering whether any liberals have similar thoughts about Trump. Do they worry that Trump might be assassinated by antifa? Do they imagine the antifa assassin to be a non-white, transgender, illegal immigrant?  I'm guessing liberals don't worry about conservatives rioting or the media giving 24/7 Trump eulogies. But, how about a Trump Memorial Wall between US and Mexico?  And, some sympathy votes in elections and bills in Congress? Poof, there goes ObamaCare, gay marriage, and abortions, all because Trump is a martyr.

 

WhatMeWorryTrump.jpg 


No I Dont Worry About Martyrdom - I worry about him becoming King

 

Mostly Because the US Congress is comprised of Gutless Disloyal Traitorist Anti-constitutionalists................

 

 


Why is that. He has complied with court orders and tried to get laws and budgets to his liking and accepted it when he didin't  I seem to recall another President that thought he could rule with his pen and his telephone. Trump is nowhere near that.

 

As to the Congress - I don't know what a "Traitorist" but I do like Members of Congress being faithful to the rhetoric that got them elected. Is that being being "Anti-constitutionalists"?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why is that"?

 

"Is that being being "Anti-constitutionalists"?

 

Well of course I have my own Opinion but

 

You be the Judge

 

When you have the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee - NUNES - saying that if they don't protect the President from Mueller - "All This Goes Away"

It's true - the President's agenda will "go away" without the support of the Congress.

 

AND

 

Then when you have the 4th Highest Ranking Member of the GOP House behind Speaker Ryan - Cathy Anne McMorris Rodgers - agreeing that

 

“we only have so many months left” before November’s midterms, making efforts to impeach Rosenstein “a bit complicated.” 

Seems like a true statement.

 

“So if we actually vote to impeach, OK, what that does is that triggers ― the Senate then has to take it up,” Nunes can be heard saying on the recording.

He's right - what is your point?

 

“Do you want them to drop everything and not confirm the Supreme Court justice, the new Supreme Court justice?

 

The Senate would have to drop everything they’re doing ... and start with impeachment on Rosenstein. And then take the risk of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed.”

Your point is vague.

 

“So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein. It’s a matter of, it’s a matter of timing,” he added.

This is true, is it not?

 

“If [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones,

This is true, is it not?

 

which is really the danger,” he said. “I mean, we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority.

This is true, is it not?

 

If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

This is true, is it not??

 

Source - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/devin-nunes-rosenstein-kavanaugh_us_5b6b9b3ee4b0bdd062063b76

 

Be sure to let me know what the Huffington Post has to say.

 


 


Did you all notice how skillfully he avoided answering whether or not it was true?  (It is)

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
182
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
183
Views

183 Views
Message 14 of 45

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

When Obama was president, I worried that he would be assassinated by someone that liberals associate with conservatives, e.g., KKK. I worried because, as a martyr, Obama would achieve more liberal goals than he did alive. Also, there would be riots, and I would be forced to listen to eulogies and Candle in the Wind crap 24/7 by the liberal media. That fantasy was my nightmare. There is no doubt in my mind that, had Obama been assassinated, America would now be a socialist state, probably with Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders as president. When Obama's presidency ended with him alive, I felt like I had dodged a bullet.

 

I'm wondering whether any liberals have similar thoughts about Trump. Do they worry that Trump might be assassinated by antifa? Do they imagine the antifa assassin to be a non-white, transgender, illegal immigrant?  I'm guessing liberals don't worry about conservatives rioting or the media giving 24/7 Trump eulogies. But, how about a Trump Memorial Wall between US and Mexico?  And, some sympathy votes in elections and bills in Congress? Poof, there goes ObamaCare, gay marriage, and abortions, all because Trump is a martyr.

 

WhatMeWorryTrump.jpg 


No I Dont Worry About Martyrdom - I worry about him becoming King

 

Mostly Because the US Congress is comprised of Gutless Disloyal Traitorist Anti-constitutionalists................

 

 


Why is that. He has complied with court orders and tried to get laws and budgets to his liking and accepted it when he didin't  I seem to recall another President that thought he could rule with his pen and his telephone. Trump is nowhere near that.

 

As to the Congress - I don't know what a "Traitorist" but I do like Members of Congress being faithful to the rhetoric that got them elected. Is that being being "Anti-constitutionalists"?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why is that"?

 

"Is that being being "Anti-constitutionalists"?

 

Well of course I have my own Opinion but

 

You be the Judge

 

When you have the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee - NUNES - saying that if they don't protect the President from Mueller - "All This Goes Away"

It's true - the President's agenda will "go away" without the support of the Congress.

 

AND

 

Then when you have the 4th Highest Ranking Member of the GOP House behind Speaker Ryan - Cathy Anne McMorris Rodgers - agreeing that

 

“we only have so many months left” before November’s midterms, making efforts to impeach Rosenstein “a bit complicated.” 

Seems like a true statement.

 

“So if we actually vote to impeach, OK, what that does is that triggers ― the Senate then has to take it up,” Nunes can be heard saying on the recording.

He's right - what is your point?

 

“Do you want them to drop everything and not confirm the Supreme Court justice, the new Supreme Court justice?

 

The Senate would have to drop everything they’re doing ... and start with impeachment on Rosenstein. And then take the risk of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed.”

Your point is vague.

 

“So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein. It’s a matter of, it’s a matter of timing,” he added.

This is true, is it not?

 

“If [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones,

This is true, is it not?

 

which is really the danger,” he said. “I mean, we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority.

This is true, is it not?

 

If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

This is true, is it not??

 

Source - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/devin-nunes-rosenstein-kavanaugh_us_5b6b9b3ee4b0bdd062063b76

 

Be sure to let me know what the Huffington Post has to say.

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
183
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
169
Views

169 Views
Message 15 of 45

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Trump   a martyr?  please!!!!!!!!!!!  the American people have been the martyrs' of this dishonorable Administration.
The American people are the martyrs.  and we all should cry for them and fight to free them from this lunacy that we are seeing that is passing for  government.


Having an election not go your way and being unable to get over it does not make you a martyr, it makes you a crybaby.


Naw. Watching Trump force our allies like Turkey into the arms of Russia makes us crybabies.  Watching Trump as he continues to cheat on his wives makes us crybabies.  Reading "Unhinged" will probably make us crybabies. Reading the Steele dossier makes us crybabies.  The Republicans refusing to look into the facts in the dossier makes us crybabies.  Watching Trump fly off to his weekly golf vacation makes us crybabies. 

 

We are over losing the election because it looks like the first step to the destruction of the Republican party.  THAT we are getting excited about. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
169
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
165
Views

165 Views
Message 16 of 45

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Trump   a martyr?  please!!!!!!!!!!!  the American people have been the martyrs' of this dishonorable Administration.
The American people are the martyrs.  and we all should cry for them and fight to free them from this lunacy that we are seeing that is passing for  government.


Having an election not go your way and being unable to get over it does not make you a martyr, it makes you a crybaby.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
165
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
163
Views

163 Views
Message 17 of 45

@aruzinsky wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

A bit ago, I mentioned it would not be a good thing to turn 'the donald' into a martyr.  I have no idea if that precipitated this topic.  It really doesn't matter. 

 

This seems to be the usual distortion coming from the RRRR, in order to peddle propaganda.  Got to have a lead in....let's start with an authoratative definition of 'martyr'.  The definition furnished is less than complete.  [I'd suppose that's done with intent to direct the matter where it best suits a purpose.  But that's an opinion based on previous actions and not necessarily the case here.  Just to be 'fair' don't you see?]

 

Anyway.....Webster's ...the New Universal Unabridged version.

 

martyr.  n. 1. one who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his religion.  2.  one who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause:  a martyr to the cause of social justice.  3.  one who undergoes severe or constant suffering:  a martyr to severe headaches.  4.  a person who seeks sympathy or attention by pretending to or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.  5.  to put to death as a martyr.  6.  to make a martyr of.  7. to torment or torture.  

 

See?  There are a lot more ways to be a martyr than get to get shot by a disgruntled activist...an unhinged one at that.  

 

Martyrdom is as seen by adherents mostly.  A martyr's opponents are likely to think the 'martyr'got only his/her just deserts.  It's better not to create martyrs if it can be avoided.  That way divisions can be healed.  Otherwise....well, sometimes people simply don't behave rationally.  The last time that happened we got 'the donald'.  A lot who viewed him as a 'savior' then will view him as a martyr once he's gone.  A rational person might say it's justice being done at long last.  But then, we aren't really dealing with rational people here as demonstrated in this topic.


The correct answer is, "The liberals here do not worry about Trump becoming a martyr in any existing or hallucinated sense of the word 'martyr'."  Ignorance is bliss.


Plus it is really, really, tough for a snowflake of that proportions to be considered for martyrdom.  Maybe if he set fire to himself on the WH lawn?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
163
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
162
Views

162 Views
Message 18 of 45

@umbarch64 wrote:

A bit ago, I mentioned it would not be a good thing to turn 'the donald' into a martyr.  I have no idea if that precipitated this topic.  It really doesn't matter. 

 

This seems to be the usual distortion coming from the RRRR, in order to peddle propaganda.  Got to have a lead in....let's start with an authoratative definition of 'martyr'.  The definition furnished is less than complete.  [I'd suppose that's done with intent to direct the matter where it best suits a purpose.  But that's an opinion based on previous actions and not necessarily the case here.  Just to be 'fair' don't you see?]

 

Anyway.....Webster's ...the New Universal Unabridged version.

 

martyr.  n. 1. one who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his religion.  2.  one who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause:  a martyr to the cause of social justice.  3.  one who undergoes severe or constant suffering:  a martyr to severe headaches.  4.  a person who seeks sympathy or attention by pretending to or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.  5.  to put to death as a martyr.  6.  to make a martyr of.  7. to torment or torture.  

 

See?  There are a lot more ways to be a martyr than get to get shot by a disgruntled activist...an unhinged one at that.  

 

Martyrdom is as seen by adherents mostly.  A martyr's opponents are likely to think the 'martyr'got only his/her just deserts.  It's better not to create martyrs if it can be avoided.  That way divisions can be healed.  Otherwise....well, sometimes people simply don't behave rationally.  The last time that happened we got 'the donald'.  A lot who viewed him as a 'savior' then will view him as a martyr once he's gone.  A rational person might say it's justice being done at long last.  But then, we aren't really dealing with rational people here as demonstrated in this topic.


The correct answer is, "The liberals here do not worry about Trump becoming a martyr in any existing or hallucinated sense of the word 'martyr'."  Ignorance is bliss.

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
162
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
164
Views

164 Views
Message 19 of 45

I am not sure to what Trump would be a martyr.  Perhaps too many air miles flying to his weekly, taxpayer paid, vacation?

 

Too much stress from all the porn stars suing him?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
164
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
169
Views

169 Views
Message 20 of 45

A bit ago, I mentioned it would not be a good thing to turn 'the donald' into a martyr.  I have no idea if that precipitated this topic.  It really doesn't matter. 

 

This seems to be the usual distortion coming from the RRRR, in order to peddle propaganda.  Got to have a lead in....let's start with an authoratative definition of 'martyr'.  The definition furnished is less than complete.  [I'd suppose that's done with intent to direct the matter where it best suits a purpose.  But that's an opinion based on previous actions and not necessarily the case here.  Just to be 'fair' don't you see?]

 

Anyway.....Webster's ...the New Universal Unabridged version.

 

martyr.  n. 1. one who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his religion.  2.  one who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause:  a martyr to the cause of social justice.  3.  one who undergoes severe or constant suffering:  a martyr to severe headaches.  4.  a person who seeks sympathy or attention by pretending to or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.  5.  to put to death as a martyr.  6.  to make a martyr of.  7. to torment or torture.  

 

See?  There are a lot more ways to be a martyr than get to get shot by a disgruntled activist...an unhinged one at that.  

 

Martyrdom is as seen by adherents mostly.  A martyr's opponents are likely to think the 'martyr'got only his/her just deserts.  It's better not to create martyrs if it can be avoided.  That way divisions can be healed.  Otherwise....well, sometimes people simply don't behave rationally.  The last time that happened we got 'the donald'.  A lot who viewed him as a 'savior' then will view him as a martyr once he's gone.  A rational person might say it's justice being done at long last.  But then, we aren't really dealing with rational people here as demonstrated in this topic.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
169
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit