Discover Health & Wellness Benefits for AARP Members. Check Them Out!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Diverersity, The New Majority

Message 11 of 184

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@creppelrmwrote:

That's because I'm NOT Acadian French.  Creole French, the French who were here before the Acadians.

Isn't it sadly amazing to have a couple of idiots argue with you about who you are and what your ancestry is? LOL

"a couple of idiots"????????????????????

Appears to be an inadvertent unfortunate nomenclature error - haven't idiots always been considered - by the majority of honest, honorable, and patriotic American Citizens - to be superior to trumpetoonies?

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 184

Still hard for you to understand?  When the Republican Party falls "It Will Be Their Own Doing"  The Republlican Party can take steps forward but are taking step backwards.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 184

Meanwhile, back to the topic. As I posted earlier, there are jerks out there of all colors, races, genders, national origins, sexual orientations, etc.however, the mass majority of Americans see people as people.

However, in addition to the individual jerks there is the political use of division on the part of the left. This is a great example of "division" by the left - and note, not backwoods, undereducated deplorable:

http://www.newsweek.com/evergreen-state-college-protest-day-absence-2018-canceled-928693

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 184

@ChasKy53wrote:

@creppelrmwrote:

That's because I'm NOT Acadian French.  Creole French, the French who were here before the Acadians.

Isn't it sadly amazing to have a couple of idiots argue with you about who you are and what your ancestry is? LOL

"a couple of idiots"????????????????????

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 184

@ChasKy53wrote:

@creppelrmwrote:

Oh so now you know more about me than myslelf.

But of course he thinks he does. LOL

Another, "Yeah, me too".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 184

@creppelrmwrote:

Fine - now Creole French is Native American, however, "O.K. then -  you can expect others to wallow in your their white guilt if it floats your boat but you might want to consider this:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofari-hutchinson/are-separate-dorms-a-good_b_11912864.html

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 184

@ChasKy53wrote:

So since you are an "amateur genealogist”, you know more about Crepplrm than he does himself?

I am aware that if he says he is a Cajun, therefore a Native American, he can't be both.  Then he says he is Creole, he is still not Native American, and a separate group than Cajuns, and then he says he is a 'card carrying' Houma Indian. 

I looked up information about both Cajuns and Creoles.   Neither of them identifies as Native American.  So then the Houma tribe is brought it for the Indian part.  Cajuns were located in the same area as Houma Indians, but to claim specifically predominantly all three?

I have Cherokee ancestry, but that doesn't make me a Cherokee.

And of course, you jumped in without actually being around or knowing anything about Cajuns or Creoles, or being familiar with them, not letting facts get in the way.  We have both here in our area, and have friends from both.  Still can't get over that I became an Independent, and like usual just wanted to jump in negatively. 

And yes I'm an amateur genealogist and  have solved family mysteries that others have been looking for over decades.  I even have a web site where surname reseachers can exchange informaion.  I've also had an interest in history all my life. 

But the poster can call himself whatever he wants according to the federal government.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 184

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@creppelrmwrote:

The French were here in Louisiana before any Europeans.  Then the Spanish and then the French again.  Creole is a French citizen who lived in the New World.  Here in Louisiana.  Josephine Napoleons wife was Creole.  Not necessarily from the islands but she was.  But more important is my Native American ancestory which continued through the decades.  Making me a card carrying Houma Indian.

Ok, first you were a Cajun, then your ancestry was Creole.  Now you are a member of the Houma Indian tribe?  As far as the French being in Louisiana before any Europeans.  I thought the French were Europeans.

But whatever...... Spent some time over in Lake Charles in the Air Force....all I remember is the mosquitoes and the dark roasted coffee which I actually liked.

First we are all called Cajuns in South Lousiana.  Not all are but we are called that.  The last thing we are called is Native American which is common in South Louisiana and I am with some French ancestry in there.  I said the French were the first Europeans in Louisiana.  And as for the Mosquitoes are keep pretend texans like you out of our land.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 184

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

Very convincing - thanks for the demonstration that you don't know diddly-squat about what creppelrm's ancestry really is - and creppelrm does know...

His explanation does indicate that he isn't Native American or Cajun, but Creole.  But according to the Census Bureau anyone can describe themselves as whatever they want.  An interesting thing learned from working as an enumerator for a census, plus being an amateur genealogist.

So since you are an "amateur genealogist", you know more about Crepplrm than he does himself?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 184

@creppelrmwrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"