Today, 1 in 7 Seniors Live in Poverty -- AARP Foundation is Fighting to End Senior Poverty. Read More.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Diverersity, The New Majority

Message 21 of 184

@creppelrmwrote:

Oh so now you know more about me than myslelf.

But of course he thinks he does. LOL

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 184

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:(in blue text)

Diversity, being the new majority, will give them all inclusion. Let's hope they don't treat whites the way that whites treated them. Extreme right conservatives seem to like division, as long as they are the ones doing the dividing.

"Let's hope THEY"?  Who is THEY?  You can't figure it out by the way it was used in the sentence? NOt surprising. "They" are the new majority. As I have posted several times Liberals are dividing the country into 'US and THEY'? I think it is WE (meaning everyone), too bad so many white conservatives don't.  So you are admitting that is happening?  yes, I admit that diversity is the new majority and it make many old white guys nervous, they are afraid of what will happen when they are the minority. What happened to the idea of INCLUSION?  Whites that discriminated against others better hope that the new majority believes in inclusion.

Instead of conservatives pushing for division, your remarks seems to say that is the goal of the far left. Reading comprehension would make you understand differently.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 184

Here’s another triggered white snowflake who can’t handle people speaking a different language.

https://youtu.be/y6bnxcwNn8Y

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 184

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

What an imagination you have. Diversity is based on the many different nationalities and socioeconomic groups in America. Bigoted whites are afraid that they won't be at the top of the heap anymore. Once they aren't they will be whining and howling at the moon for quotas.

In another post here you suggested that " Let's hope they don't treat whites the way that whites treated them".   Where does inclusion fit into that statement?

Sorry you missed the sarcasm.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 184

@creppelrmwrote:

The French were here in Louisiana before any Europeans.  Then the Spanish and then the French again.  Creole is a French citizen who lived in the New World.  Here in Louisiana.  Josephine Napoleons wife was Creole.  Not necessarily from the islands but she was.  But more important is my Native American ancestory which continued through the decades.  Making me a card carrying Houma Indian.

Ok, first you were a Cajun, then your ancestry was Creole.  Now you are a member of the Houma Indian tribe?  As far as the French being in Louisiana before any Europeans.  I thought the French were Europeans.

But whatever...... Spent some time over in Lake Charles in the Air Force....all I remember is the mosquitoes and the dark roasted coffee which I actually liked.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 184

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

Very convincing - thanks for the demonstration that you don't know diddly-squat about what creppelrm's ancestry really is - and creppelrm does know...

His explanation does indicate that he isn't Native American or Cajun, but Creole.  But according to the Census Bureau anyone can describe themselves as whatever they want.  An interesting thing learned from working as an enumerator for a census, plus being an amateur genealogist.

The French were here in Louisiana before any Europeans.  Then the Spanish and then the French again.  Creole is a French citizen who lived in the New World.  Here in Louisiana.  Josephine Napoleons wife was Creole.  Not necessarily from the islands but she was.  But more important is my Native American ancestory which continued through the decades.  Making me a card carrying Houma Indian.

Message 27 of 184

@alferdpackerwrote:

Very convincing - thanks for the demonstration that you don't know diddly-squat about what creppelrm's ancestry really is - and creppelrm does know...

His explanation does indicate that he isn't Native American or Cajun, but Creole.  But according to the Census Bureau anyone can describe themselves as whatever they want.  An interesting thing learned from working as an enumerator for a census, plus being an amateur genealogist.

Message 28 of 184

@creppelrmwrote:

That's because I'm NOT Acadian French.  Creole French, the French who were here before the Acadians.

Then it's a whole new ballgame.  Creoles are not considered Acadians, and as you said they were in Louisiana before the Acadians, i.e  Cajuns was exiled from Canada.  There are many groups in Louisiana referred to as Creoles.  They include French, Spanish, those from the Caribbean.  But nothing said about being Native American.

I have documented Native American ancestry (Cherokee) through a fifth generation grandmother.  But that doesn't make me a Native American.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 184

That's because I'm NOT Acadian French.  Creole French, the French who were here before the Acadians.

Message 30 of 184

@rk9152wrote:

@creppelrmwrote:

There you go, doing what you do best labeling what you don't know. I'm not white I am Native American.  Some call us Cajuns here in Louisiana.  Where fighting discrimination is still going as long as Trump is President.  

O.K. then -  you can expect others to wallow in your their white guilt if it floats your boat but you might want to consider this:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofari-hutchinson/are-separate-dorms-a-good_b_11912864.html

Interesting redefinition of your heritage there - "Native American" rather than "Acadian".

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.