Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

238 Views
Message 31 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 I'll make you a deal. You prove to me that some hanging of Obama was Tea Party approved and I will give you three mea culpas.  More straw garbage....no one claimed the Baggers approved it, but self-proclaimed baggers carried many hateful signs, including these:

 

 Image result for tea party signs

 

Image result for tea party signs

 

africanlion

 

Is this the one you like?

 

Image result for tea party signs hang obama

 

And in exchange I'll show you that CNN approved of the stabbing of the President that is under discussion and you owe me the same.  So?  I couldn't careless if they approved.  Most "get it".


Get what? Can you tie any of that to the Tea Party, Conservatives, Republicans or whatever upsets you. And, which was really offensive compared to killing a President?


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

238 Views
Message 32 of 93

@alferdpacker wrote:

 

Disgusting - yes trump is thoroughly disgusting.

He richly deserves every single bit of the world wide disrespect and opprobrium that is being directed at him.

 

Well, there you go. It is officially impossible to have an objective discussion about President Trump with this poster - by his or her or it's (hey, don't ask, don't tell) own admission.

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

237 Views
Message 33 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Remember the good old days when presidents had enough dignity to ignore the slurs of common commedians and enough self respect to let the insults go?  Oh wait, that was 4 months ago wasn't it?


Remember the good old days when the American people had the decency to not accept this sort of thing?


I saw clips a while back from a version of this play from minnesota, i think, where Obama was Caesar. Is a play, adapted to modern times. It isnt like the republican supporters that hung his effigy and set it on fire in racist memes. Are those the days you  are pining for? If Trump was black would it be ok?


Do everyone on the right think that everyone else's memory is as poor as their's?


I have to admit that I do not recall seeing those clips of Obama as Caesar. But since you do, perhaps you'd like to share.


http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-june-delta-trump-julius-caesar...

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/06/12/delta-pulled-funding-from-a...

 

http://www.startribune.com/trump-themed-julius-caesar-is-talk-of-theater-world-unlike-2012-obama-ver...

 

 


I did not see the movie so I can't comment. On the other hand, there was a movie about the killing of President Bush (specifically).

 

As to the play - I recently saw a version of "Jesus Christ Superstar" in which Pontius Pilate was a woman and she was great. So, in this case the theater used a black man. Did they go out of their way to make him be Obama beyond his race?? I really do not know.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

233 Views
Message 34 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

 the question of some sort of "conspiracy theory" stands.

 



 Yes - the question does stand - in the deplorable fetid imaginations of republican/conservative trump rangers - but unquestionably NOT in the minds of the majority of good, honorable, rational American Citizens.

 

BTW - "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum" is a saying in Latin - not Spanish - as you incorrectly guessed - that's about ten centuries older than the existence of any Europeans on this continent.   All part of progressive delight in knowledge of hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian snark. 

 


44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

228 Views
Message 35 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

And most intelligent people understand the word racism, "rk".  I hope you learn what the word means in the near future.


I understand the meaning and constantly see it misused here.

 

Well, quit misusing it then; just as you did in this thread.


Fair enough. I'll will not refer to any criticism of a black who is to the right of Che Guevera as "racism" and you stop referring to every police who shoots a black as "racist.

 

Deal???


Know, here's the deal....you correctly use the terms "racism" and "bind-hatred" appropriately and not just as bait as you often do, just because it's the right thing to do and it's more adult like.  That's the deal.  You're other lame point is too bogus to make a deal.  The premise is inaccurate and offensive.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

226 Views
Message 36 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

 I'll make you a deal. You prove to me that some hanging of Obama was Tea Party approved and I will give you three mea culpas.  More straw garbage....no one claimed the Baggers approved it, but self-proclaimed baggers carried many hateful signs, including these:

 

 Image result for tea party signs

 

Image result for tea party signs

 

africanlion

 

Is this the one you like?

 

Image result for tea party signs hang obama

 

And in exchange I'll show you that CNN approved of the stabbing of the President that is under discussion and you owe me the same.  So?  I couldn't careless if they approved.  Most "get it".


 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

230 Views
Message 37 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

And most intelligent people understand the word racism, "rk".  I hope you learn what the word means in the near future.


I understand the meaning and constantly see it misused here.

 

Well, quit misusing it then; just as you did in this thread.


Fair enough. I'll will not refer to any criticism of a black who is to the right of Che Guevera as "racism" and you stop referring to every police who shoots a black as "racist.

 

Deal???

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

232 Views
Message 38 of 93

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Remember the good old days when presidents had enough dignity to ignore the slurs of common commedians and enough self respect to let the insults go?  Oh wait, that was 4 months ago wasn't it?


Remember the good old days when the American people had the decency to not accept this sort of thing?


I saw clips a while back from a version of this play from minnesota, i think, where Obama was Caesar. Is a play, adapted to modern times. It isnt like the republican supporters that hung his effigy and set it on fire in racist memes. Are those the days you  are pining for? If Trump was black would it be ok?


Did you really??? Care to share???

 

The supposed "hanging" has been dealt with in an earlier post.


No, not "dealt with", dismissed in another one of your conspiracy theories.  


O.K. I'll try again and possibly you can show where the "conspiracy theory" is.

 

A picture was taken of a picture of Obama hanging. Any "conspiracy theory" yet?

Nope - none at all.

 

No one knows who made the picture or who is in the picture. Any "conspiracy theory yet"?

Still no.

 

Posters attributed the picture to Conservatives, the Tea Party, Republicans, and/or Right Wingers. Any "conspiracy theory" yet?

No factual proof yet.

 

Now, compare that to a staged photo-op with a known person holding a supposed severed, bloody head of the U.S. President.

 

And compare that to a stage production sanctioned by NYC, applauded by some in the MSM, and sponsored by major corporations showing the President of the U.S. being stabbed to death.

 

The hanging - disgusting. We are all agreed on that. But we don't know who did it and that didn't stop the haters from posting their hate.

 

The beheading and the stabbing - disgusting. And yet we can't all agree on that.

Well of course not - it was legal and constitutional - you didn't like it - others did - "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum". 

No doubt the Klatch is impressed but I run out of such words somewhere around, "Dominus vobiscum". So, as they say south of the border, En Inglis por favor.

 

Any "conspiracy theory" in that??

Nope - non at all - unless the irrational fetid imaginations of republicans/conservatives are considered - but hey - they're irrational - aren't they?

Again, the Klatch will love it but, the question of some sort of "conspiracy theory" stands. If you cannot deal with it, maybe you'd be better off letting the originator take care of it for you

 



 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

226 Views
Message 39 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


O.K. I'll try again and possibly you can show where the "conspiracy theory" is.

 

Why create all the unnecessary work for you....it's your repeated "conspiracy therory" that the Tea Baggers signs weren't their own.

 I'll make you a deal. You prove to me that some hanging of Obama was Tea Party approved and I will give you three mea culpas.

 

And in exchange I'll show you that CNN approved of the stabbing of the President that is under discussion and you owe me the same.

 

Deal????


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Disgusting

237 Views
Message 40 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Remember the good old days when presidents had enough dignity to ignore the slurs of common commedians and enough self respect to let the insults go?  Oh wait, that was 4 months ago wasn't it?


Remember the good old days when the American people had the decency to not accept this sort of thing?


Oh - you must mean back in the times before effiigies of Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Lincoln were hung and burned...

 

Oh wait a minute - effigies of the British King were hung and burned too, weren't they?

 

So you must mean never - at least as far as the Northern half of the Western Hemisphere is concerned...

 

A remembrance of people who never existed in times that never occurred...

 


You are right, my memory of the the Jefferson days are starting to fade. But in more recent days, I do not recall this sort of thing being acceptable. Let's face it, today kids get sent home from school for making a "finger pistol".


Most of the administrators who did things like that were eventually forced by public pressure to "seek employment in a different community".

 

In my community a public school principal did that.

The principal ended up going to another schoool district.

 

Disgusting - yes trump is thoroughly disgusting.

He richly deserves every single bit of the world wide disrespect and opprobrium that is being directed at him.

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors