Disappointed at AARP's Bulletin magazine's failure to call out LIES about mail in voting

There is no excuse for this. Now is not the time to be demure or polite. The lie in Trump's interview that 20-30 percent of mail-in ballots getting lost is a lie

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/minuscule-number-of-potentially-fraudulent-ballots-in-states...

We know AARP does not endorse any candidate.

But when someone is lying, LYING, about mail-in ballots being insecure, AARP needs to call it out, period. Regardless of whether that lie is in an interview or coming from a person from a privileged position of authority. Now is not the time for mixed signals or to be too polite to correct someone. You can't claim to be the champion of seniors, then print out interviews containing lies about voting. There should have been a gigantic red WARNING sign next to any lies about voting. I'm so disappointed in AARP's Bulletin magazine editors, if there are any.

Em
Contributor

I could not agree more.  Disappointment has a name and it's AARP. Very discouraging that AARP did not fact check what they printed in the article or provide any type of context for candidates remarks.  It's as if AARP just gave both candidates free advertising platforms.  For an organization that purports to support seniors, particular senior healthcare issues - i really expected a lot better. Particularly in a year when so much is at stake. 

Honored Social Butterfly

AARP is more interested in selling insurance than protecting its senior members!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png