Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dis-invite Trumps From George H W Bush Funeral

Message 21 of 66

@JohnF860877 wrote:

I'm going to start a petition to dis-invite you.

Good News - Every American should take every opportunity to exercise their Rights especially Free Speech B4 Trump declares Martial Law when the FBI shows up at the Whitehouse to arrest him

Send me a link - I'll sign your Petition - I respected Bush but he was still a Republican - pardoned too many Traitors for my liking - I wont be attending his funeral unless I'm forced

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 66

I'm going to start a petition to dis-invite you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 66

Thank you for creating a petition on We the People!

You now have 30 days to get 99,999 signatures in order for your petition to be reviewed by the White House.

Until your petition has 150 signatures, it will only be available from the following URL and will not be publicly viewable on the Open Petitions section of We the People:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dis-invite-trumps-george-h-w-bush-funeral-0

Here are a few tips to help you promote your petition and get to 99,999 signatures:

1. Email: Email your petition to your friends, family and others who care about this issue. Below is a sample email you can forward to your friends right now.
  2. Facebook: Post your petition to your Facebook wall to let folks know about it. Here’s a sample message you can cut and paste into your Facebook status:

I just started a petition on the White House petitions site, We the People. Will you sign it? https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dis-invite-trumps-george-h-w-bush-funeral-0

1. Twitter: Tweet about your petition. Here’s a sample tweet you can use:

I just started a petition on the White House Petitions site, We the People. Will you sign it? https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dis-invite-trumps-george-h-w-bush-funeral-0

------------------------------------------------

Hit forward and then delete the text above to let your friends know about your petition!

------------------------------------------------

Dear friends,

I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 99,999 signatures by December 31, 2018, the White House will review it and respond!

We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the White House to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets enough support, the White House will issue an official response.

You can view and sign the petition here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dis-invite-trumps-george-h-w-bush-funeral-0

Here's some more information about this petition:

Dis-invite Trumps From George H W Bush Funeral

This Petition is Important for several reasons - mostly because of all the Rude Unnecessary Commentary From President Trump Directed at President George HW Bush as recently as July 2018

Regards,

Mick Studer

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@JohnF860877 wrote:

Glad you’re now the head of the “Hypocritical Police”.  Below is a list of Most Wanted I’m sure you’ll want to investigate:

Barack “You can keep your doctor” Obama

Hillary “I’m transparent but I deleted my emails” Clinton

Richard “I served in Vietnam” Blumenthal

Dick “Forked Tongue” Durbin

Chuck You “1986 Anti-Immigration” Schumer

Elizabeth “I’m a Cherokee” Warren

Nancy Pelosi “We read the bill” (Obamacare) then said “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”

John “We need to disarm Saddam Hussein” Kerry

Al “Carbon Footprint” Gore

Senate members that met with RUSSIAN ambassadors:

Clair McCaskill

Sheldon Whitehouse

Amy Klobuchar

Diane “My chauffer was a Chinese Spy” Feinstein 

I could go on and on but you get the idea.  And while you on the hypocrisy cleansing tour, add some “bias” soul searching too.  You know, CNN, MSLSD, NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR. 

Tell me where I'm wrong.

I know why you didn't continue - you ran out of the Blanks you were firing..........................

You also convieniently left out - Bill Clinton

Heres is a example of a President who possess Empathy who can seperate the Politics from the Humanity

BTW - B4 continuing - becuase I seriously doubt many on this Forum will Bother to Read Bill Clintons Comments about his Relationship with George HW Bush

My Main Issue with Trump & the Bush Funeral is the MSM will be complicit in making it all about the Trumps - what Melania wore - all the wonderful things Trump will read from the words of others - that would not - could not ever - come out of the Heart of a Man who doesn't have one - this Trump inclusion will be another Example Highlighting not the sentiment in the Gifts of the MAGI but of the Carnival Barker - the Used Car Salesman - the Hypocrite who 3 months ago did not realize or care that the Death of George HW Bush was imminent - and decided to get in a few more licks when it wouldn't be so extraordinary - now this weekend this same Buffoon of a President who thinks we can't remember what he said just 3 months ago - is calling Bush a Great Man! 

Bill Clinton on George H W Bush (Highlights)

Bill Clinton was the 42nd president of the United States.

On Jan. 20, 1993, I entered the Oval Office for the first time as president. As is the tradition, waiting for me was a note from my predecessor, George Herbert Walker Bush.

Dear Bill,

When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know you will feel that, too.

I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I’m not a very good one to give advice; but just don’t let the critics discourage you or push you off course.

You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.

Your success now is our country’s success. I am rooting hard for you.

Good Luck — George

No words of mine or others can better reveal the heart of who he was than those he wrote himself. He was an honorable, gracious and decent man who believed in the United States, our Constitution, our institutions and our shared future. And he believed in his duty to defend and strengthen them, in victory and defeat. He also had a natural humanity, always hoping with all his heart that others’ journeys would include some of the joy that his family, his service and his adventures gave him.

His friendship has been one of the great gifts of my life. From Indonesia to Houston, from the Katrina-ravaged Gulf Coast to Kennebunkport, Maine — where just a few months ago we shared our last visit, as he was surrounded by his family but clearly missing Barbara — I cherished every opportunity I had to learn and laugh with him. I just loved him.

Bill Clinton

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bill-clinton-george-hw-bushs-oval-office-note-to-me-revealed...

It is good to see the gentlemanly and mature words of Clinton as opposed to the hate filled, disgusting topic.

I agree - here was Trump just a few months ago

WASHINGTON — July 06, 2018

A former White House press secretary says President Donald Trump was ‘‘rude’’ to mock former President George H.W. Bush’s volunteerism program.

Trump was talking about ‘‘winning’’ during a free-wheeling campaign rally Thursday in Montana and raised Bush’s ‘‘Thousand Points of Light.’’

Trump said people get the meaning of his slogans, ‘‘Make America Great Again’’ and ‘‘Putting America First.’’

Then he added: ‘‘Thousand Points of Light. I never quite got that one. What the - "Expletive" is that? Has anyone ever figured that one out?’’

Bush popularized ‘‘Thousand Points of Light’’ and used it to name a private organization he established to encourage volunteerism.

Ari Fleischer, press secretary for Bush’s son, President George W. Bush, tweeted that he doesn’t mind Trump ‘‘being a fighter.’’ He added: ‘‘I do mind him being rude.’’

Source - https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/07/06/trump-mocks-george-bush-points-light/KI7BAnk4sG...

No question President Trump is a street fighter, certainly not the polished pol. Yet there are times when such interchanges are dropped (such as at funerals). And the topic is a disgusting comment based on hatred and an inability to be flexible when circumstances demand.

Perfect Illustration of My Point

You and I - the Rest of the Regular Posters - the Rest of the Country will be focusing on Trump - his past comments towards the Entire Bush Family - How Melania looks - how the Bushes react to the Trumps - Etc Etc Etc

All Spells a Circus

George HW Bush deserves better - he won't get it with the Trumps there

McCain got the Respect & Treatment he deserved because his memory did not have to Compete with the Slime & Stench of the Trumps

Barbara Bush got the Respect & Treatment she deserved because her memory did not have to Compete with the Slime & Stench of the Trumps 

This Will Be Much Much Different and it's Sad & there will only by a single difference

Trump vs No Trump

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 66

I was thinking of saying that the Boston Globe had a terrible sense of timing to put that out now. Then I realized they didn't - the horrible sense of timing belongs to the poster who dug it up now.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 66

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@JohnF860877 wrote:

Glad you’re now the head of the “Hypocritical Police”.  Below is a list of Most Wanted I’m sure you’ll want to investigate:

Nancy Pelosi “We read the bill” (Obamacare) then said “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”

Clair McCaskill

Sheldon Whitehouse

Amy Klobuchar

I could go on and on but you get the idea.  And while you on the hypocrisy cleansing tour, add some “bias” soul searching too.  You know, CNN, MSLSD, NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR. 

Tell me where I'm wrong.

I know why you didn't continue - you ran out of the Blanks you were firing..........................

Heres is a example of a President who possess Empathy who can seperate the Politics from the Humanity

BTW - B4 continuing - becuase I seriously doubt many on this Forum will Bother to Read Bill Clintons Comments about his Relationship with George HW Bush

My Main Issue with Trump & the Bush Funeral is the MSM will be complicit in making it all about the Trumps - what Melania wore - all the wonderful things Trump will read from the words of others - that would not - could not ever - come out of the Heart of a Man who doesn't have one - this Trump inclusion will be another Example Highlighting not the sentiment in the Gifts of the MAGI but of the Carnival Barker - the Used Car Salesman - the Hypocrite who 3 months ago did not realize or care that the Death of George HW Bush was imminent - and decided to get in a few more licks when it wouldn't be so extraordinary - now this weekend this same Buffoon of a President who thinks we can't remember what he said just 3 months ago - is calling Bush a Great Man! 

On Jan. 20, 1993, I entered the Oval Office for the first time as president. As is the tradition, waiting for me was a note from my predecessor, George Herbert Walker Bush.

Dear Bill,

When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know you will feel that, too.

I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I’m not a very good one to give advice; but just don’t let the critics discourage you or push you off course.

You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.

Good Luck — George

No words of mine or others can better reveal the heart of who he was than those he wrote himself. He was an honorable, gracious and decent man who believed in the United States, our Constitution, our institutions and our shared future. And he believed in his duty to defend and strengthen them, in victory and defeat. He also had a natural humanity, always hoping with all his heart that others’ journeys would include some of the joy that his family, his service and his adventures gave him.

His friendship has been one of the great gifts of my life. From Indonesia to Houston, from the Katrina-ravaged Gulf Coast to Kennebunkport, Maine — where just a few months ago we shared our last visit, as he was surrounded by his family but clearly missing Barbara — I cherished every opportunity I had to learn and laugh with him. I just loved him.

Bill Clinton

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bill-clinton-george-hw-bushs-oval-office-note-to-me-revealed...

It is good to see the gentlemanly and mature words of Clinton as opposed to the hate filled, disgusting topic.

A former White House press secretary says President Donald Trump was ‘‘rude’’ to mock former President George H.W. Bush’s volunteerism program.

Trump was talking about ‘‘winning’’ during a free-wheeling campaign rally Thursday in Montana and raised Bush’s ‘‘Thousand Points of Light.’’

Trump said people get the meaning of his slogans, ‘‘Make America Great Again’’ and ‘‘Putting America First.’’

Then he added: ‘‘Thousand Points of Light. I never quite got that one. What the - "Expletive" is that? Has anyone ever figured that one out?’’

Bush popularized ‘‘Thousand Points of Light’’ and used it to name a private organization he established to encourage volunteerism.

Ari Fleischer, press secretary for Bush’s son, President George W. Bush, tweeted that he doesn’t mind Trump ‘‘being a fighter.’’ He added: ‘‘I do mind him being rude.’’

Source - https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/07/06/trump-mocks-george-bush-points-light/KI7BAnk4sG...

No question President Trump is a street fighter, certainly not the polished pol. Yet there are times when such interchanges are dropped (such as at funerals). And the topic is a disgusting comment based on hatred and an inability to be flexible when circumstances demand.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 66

Der Trumper didn't "get" A thousand points of light, but hey, the little toad doesn't get being President either, so no surprise.

Trump is the antithesis of everything GHW Bush stood for his entire life, but I'm sure the family arrangements will be made by jrbush, who is DELIGHTED Der Trumper has so quickly removed him from his position as WORST PRESIDENT EVER! by being much dumber and crass and boorish to boot. So jr will probably figure Poppy would understand (no doubt his son's removal from that unfortunate position in History was a relief), and not tell the orange toad to stay under his rock during the funeral.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@JohnF860877 wrote:

Clair McCaskill

Sheldon Whitehouse

Amy Klobuchar

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Dear Bill,

Good Luck — George

Bill Clinton

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Oh, I forgot, it's only proper for trump supporters to bring up Hillary or Obama.

Why are other posters making this political?  Perhaps because it is a political chat site? Having Air Force One take Bush's body to Washington is perhaps the first decent thing I have seen trump do. I struggle to think that he thought of doing this without being advised to.

Why not bring them up as a benchmark?  After all they are responsible by their policies  for Trump being elected. 

As far as Bush's casket being flown on Air Force Two (the designation when the President is not on board), there is a precedence on Trump's part when McCain's made the same journey.

Just in case anyone cares, Air Force TWO is the designation of whatever plane the VICE President is flying on. When  a serving POTUS is not on board, ALL "Air Force One" aircraft are identified by their tail number, currently SAM 28000 and 29000. Same with Air Force Two (goes back to whatever the tail number is)

Another amazing transformation occures when the aircraft goes from being (tail number xxx) to Air Force One - all communication by the crew becomes 100% precise and professional - when the boss is NOT on board, they'll be chatting with the ground personnel, wondering where they can get a good dinner, interesting sights they might take in while they're NOT AF-1, etc, but the INSTANT POTUS sets foot inside the plane, its strictly business.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 66

@mickstuder wrote:

@JohnF860877 wrote:

Clair McCaskill

Sheldon Whitehouse

Amy Klobuchar

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Dear Bill,

Good Luck — George

Bill Clinton

Kudos
Views