WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dis-invite Trumps From George H W Bush Funeral

Message 31 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

There have been many low class, disgusting topics here - but this one takes the cake.

A President of the United States honoring another President at his funeral is the most natural thing in the world except for those wallowing in blind hatred.

@rk9152 wrote:

There have been many low class, disgusting topics here - but this one takes the cake.

A President of the United States honoring another President at his funeral is the most natural thing in the world except for those wallowing in blind hatred.

@rk9152 wrote:

Like I have stated,  Trump is the present Presidents, and he needs to to be there honoring a man that he should try to emulate.

There is no placed to abandon protocol at this time.  and it will serve no purpose.

We all know how the Bush family feels about Trump. but he is not there as Trump. he is there fulfilling a presidential obligation.

Please, let's not copy the posters in this message board that give a bad name to the people that really understand Trump and his inefficient administration. let's leave those criticism for another time.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 66

@JohnF860877 wrote:

Glad you’re now the head of the “Hypocritical Police”.  Below is a list of Most Wanted I’m sure you’ll want to investigate:

Barack “You can keep your doctor” Obama

Hillary “I’m transparent but I deleted my emails” Clinton

Richard “I served in Vietnam” Blumenthal

Dick “Forked Tongue” Durbin

Chuck You “1986 Anti-Immigration” Schumer

Elizabeth “I’m a Cherokee” Warren

Nancy Pelosi “We read the bill” (Obamacare) then said “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”

John “We need to disarm Saddam Hussein” Kerry

Al “Carbon Footprint” Gore

Senate members that met with RUSSIAN ambassadors:

Clair McCaskill

Sheldon Whitehouse

Amy Klobuchar

Diane “My chauffer was a Chinese Spy” Feinstein 

I could go on and on but you get the idea.  And while you on the hypocrisy cleansing tour, add some “bias” soul searching too.  You know, CNN, MSLSD, NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR. 

Tell me where I'm wrong.

I know why you didn't continue - you ran out of the Blanks you were firing..........................

You also convieniently left out - Bill Clinton

Heres is a example of a President who possess Empathy who can seperate the Politics from the Humanity

BTW - B4 continuing - becuase I seriously doubt many on this Forum will Bother to Read Bill Clintons Comments about his Relationship with George HW Bush

My Main Issue with Trump & the Bush Funeral is the MSM will be complicit in making it all about the Trumps - what Melania wore - all the wonderful things Trump will read from the words of others - that would not - could not ever - come out of the Heart of a Man who doesn't have one - this Trump inclusion will be another Example Highlighting not the sentiment in the Gifts of the MAGI but of the Carnival Barker - the Used Car Salesman - the Hypocrite who 3 months ago did not realize or care that the Death of George HW Bush was imminent - and decided to get in a few more licks when it wouldn't be so extraordinary - now this weekend this same Buffoon of a President who thinks we can't remember what he said just 3 months ago - is calling Bush a Great Man! 

Bill Clinton on George H W Bush (Highlights)

Bill Clinton was the 42nd president of the United States.

On Jan. 20, 1993, I entered the Oval Office for the first time as president. As is the tradition, waiting for me was a note from my predecessor, George Herbert Walker Bush.

Dear Bill,

When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know you will feel that, too.

I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I’m not a very good one to give advice; but just don’t let the critics discourage you or push you off course.

You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.

Your success now is our country’s success. I am rooting hard for you.

Good Luck — George

No words of mine or others can better reveal the heart of who he was than those he wrote himself. He was an honorable, gracious and decent man who believed in the United States, our Constitution, our institutions and our shared future. And he believed in his duty to defend and strengthen them, in victory and defeat. He also had a natural humanity, always hoping with all his heart that others’ journeys would include some of the joy that his family, his service and his adventures gave him.

His friendship has been one of the great gifts of my life. From Indonesia to Houston, from the Katrina-ravaged Gulf Coast to Kennebunkport, Maine — where just a few months ago we shared our last visit, as he was surrounded by his family but clearly missing Barbara — I cherished every opportunity I had to learn and laugh with him. I just loved him.

Bill Clinton

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bill-clinton-george-hw-bushs-oval-office-note-to-me-revealed...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 66

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Oh, I forgot, it's only proper for trump supporters to bring up Hillary or Obama.

Why are other posters making this political?  Perhaps because it is a political chat site? Having Air Force One take Bush's body to Washington is perhaps the first decent thing I have seen trump do. I struggle to think that he thought of doing this without being advised to.

Why not bring them up as a benchmark?  After all they are responsible by their policies  for Trump being elected. 

As far as Bush's casket being flown on Air Force Two (the designation when the President is not on board), there is a precedence on Trump's part when McCain's made the same journey.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 66

Glad you’re now the head of the “Hypocritical Police”.  Below is a list of Most Wanted I’m sure you’ll want to investigate:

Barack “You can keep your doctor” Obama

Hillary “I’m transparent but I deleted my emails” Clinton

Richard “I served in Vietnam” Blumenthal

Dick “Forked Tongue” Durbin

Chuck You “1986 Anti-Immigration” Schumer

Elizabeth “I’m a Cherokee” Warren

Nancy Pelosi “We read the bill” (Obamacare) then said “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”

John “We need to disarm Saddam Hussein” Kerry

Al “Carbon Footprint” Gore

Senate members that met with RUSSIAN ambassadors:

Clair McCaskill

Sheldon Whitehouse

Amy Klobuchar

Diane “My chauffer was a Chinese Spy” Feinstein 

I could go on and on but you get the idea.  And while you on the hypocrisy cleansing tour, add some “bias” soul searching too.  You know, CNN, MSLSD, NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR. 

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mick posted..

Let's try & gain a little perspective here

Just a little over 3 Months ago - without Provocation of any kind - Trump decided to bring up a 94 year old former US President and make fun of him for no other reason that he could

He went on for a few minutes about George HW Bush's comment about a Thousand Points of Light from over 30 years ago

And now Trump wants to go to the Funeral like this never happened

There is something very wrong with that & there should be consequences for this kind of Buffoonery from Trump

Unlike the Lemmings who support Trump or who are afraid to make waves over anything or think giving Trump respect he hasn't earned somehow removes us from this nightmare or allows us to pretend we aren't being led by a vile cruel evil lunatic - I'm not playing that game never have never will

If I see something wrong - something Hypocritical - I do what I can

====================================================

And what gives you and your kind the right to decide who should get to go to George H W Bush's Funeral?

If the Bush family dis-invites trump to the funeral will you accuse them of displaying hatred?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@JohnF860877 wrote:

Lighten up and stop with the divisiveness.  Give it a rest.

How come the Right didn't seem like they wanted to "give it a rest" when Obama was in office and/or in reference to Hillary/the Clintons?

This isn't about Hillary or Obama, it is about Bush's funeral.  In fact Air Force One will land in Houston tomorrow with Trump on his way back from Argentina.  It will pick up Bush's body to carry it to Washington DC where he will lie in state at the Capitol.

Why are you making his funeral political?

Oh, I forgot, it's only proper for trump supporters to bring up Hillary or Obama.

Why are other posters making this political?  Perhaps because it is a political chat site? Having Air Force One take Bush's body to Washington is perhaps the first decent thing I have seen trump do. I struggle to think that he thought of doing this without being advised to.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 66

Related image

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 66

How dare you say that about Obama!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 66

Heavens  no!!!!!!  please, we all need to see the Ahole that we have for President in the company of all those great men before him and realize how small he happens to be.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 66

Kudos
Views