Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dis-invite Trumps From George H W Bush Funeral

Message 41 of 66

n566192l:   Oh please,  Trump would make the day all about him. 

Yep. If allowed to speak he would probably say he prefers people who's planes don't get shot down in war and how he beat "low energy" Jeb in 2016.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 66
Mick posted..

Let's try & gain a little perspective here

Just a little over 3 Months ago - without Provocation of any kind - Trump decided to bring up a 94 year old former US President and make fun of him for no other reason that he could

He went on for a few minutes about George HW Bush's comment about a Thousand Points of Light from over 30 years ago

And now Trump wants to go to the Funeral like this never happened

There is something very wrong with that & there should be consequences for this kind of Buffoonery from Trump

Unlike the Lemmings who support Trump or who are afraid to make waves over anything or think giving Trump respect he hasn't earned somehow removes us from this nightmare or allows us to pretend we aren't being led by a vile cruel evil lunatic - I'm not playing that game never have never will

If I see something wrong - something Hypocritical - I do what I can

====================================================

And what gives you and your kind the right to decide who should get to go to George H W Bush's Funeral?
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 66

@Panjandrum wrote:

Centristsin2010:  What's the point?  Should we fight classlessness with more classlessness?

No, probably not. He'll be about as welcome as a case of head lice, but let him attend and ignore him.

Exactly the appropriate solution - turn away and do not speak to him even if he approaches and speaks first.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 66

Do you really think the Bush Family is going to want Trump to attend. Oh please,  Trump would make the day all about him. Just let him stay home. Please let the Country mourn Our 41st President.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 66

Come on TRUMP does not go to True American Patriots funerals, or Their wives. Why should he start now.  Besides, it might rain.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 66

Let's try & gain a little perspective here

Just a little over 3 Months ago - without Provocation of any kind - Trump decided to bring up a 94 year old former US President and make fun of him for no other reason that he could

He went on for a few minutes about George HW Bush's comment about a Thousand Points of Light from over 30 years ago

And now Trump wants to go to the Funeral like this never happened

There is something very wrong with that & there should be consequences for this kind of Buffoonery from Trump

Unlike the Lemmings who support Trump or who are afraid to make waves over anything or think giving Trump respect he hasn't earned somehow removes us from this nightmare or allows us to pretend we aren't being led by a vile cruel evil lunatic - I'm not playing that game never have never will

If I see something wrong - something Hypocritical - I do what I can

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 66

Centristsin2010:  What's the point?  Should we fight classlessness with more classlessness?

No, probably not. He'll be about as welcome as a case of head lice, but let him attend and ignore him.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 66

Never supported HW, voted for him, or maybe agreed with him, but just like McCain, I came to find respect for them. 

Why? Because I have come to realize that disagreement does not mean that they weren’t Patriots, would have given their lives for our Country, and supported the ideals that has made the US the envy of others in the world. 

Would I want someone to attend who is not a patriot, does not speak highly of the US, plays to dictators, is trying to run our Country into the ground?

Real simple, no invite, stay away, trump is an embarrassment, and especially should not attend a sacred ceremony, for an honorable man and a Patriot of the USA. trump has no concept of those ideals. 

Never Forget...Honor Our Veterans

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@JohnF860877 wrote:

Lighten up and stop with the divisiveness.  Give it a rest.

How come the Right didn't seem like they wanted to "give it a rest" when Obama was in office and/or in reference to Hillary/the Clintons?

This isn't about Hillary or Obama, it is about Bush's funeral.  In fact Air Force One will land in Houston tomorrow with Trump on his way back from Argentina.  It will pick up Bush's body to carry it to Washington DC where he will lie in state at the Capitol.

Why are you making his funeral political?

Trump did that a long time ago. When GB wife died she had told people that Trump was not to attend her funeral, and she got that wish. Why do you not think that the former President felt the same way? When all the former Presidents gathered at the Bush library  this year they did not invite Trump. They allowed him to do a film clip. John McCain did the same thing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@JohnF860877 wrote:

Lighten up and stop with the divisiveness.  Give it a rest.

How come the Right didn't seem like they wanted to "give it a rest" when Obama was in office and/or in reference to Hillary/the Clintons?

This isn't about Hillary or Obama, it is about Bush's funeral.  In fact Air Force One will land in Houston tomorrow with Trump on his way back from Argentina.  It will pick up Bush's body to carry it to Washington DC where he will lie in state at the Capitol.

Why are you making his funeral political?

Why not?

Having the despicable scumbag trump present at GHW's funeral would tend to demean and degrade everything good honest, honorable, and patriotic that GHW stood for in his life...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views