Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Did the Dimms learn anything from the 2016 Election?

Message 21 of 58

@KidBoy2 wrote:
LydiaN586309 posted..

That being the case, let's nuke the Electoral College1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? So a few states can win a election? So a few states will get all the "goodies"? So candidates will only campaign in a few states?

The E C makes sense in so many ways. We have been through this and no one has been able to give a logical reason why we should do away with the EC...can you?

Nice to see you support the electoral college. You do know the electoral college was designed to keep some one like Trump out of Office. Go read your history on why we have the college. It was to keep the uneducated rabble from electing the wrong person to office. Well it did not do the job on Trump so times have change and we should look at changes in the current system.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 58

Funny. I always liked Rodney Dangerfield. One time as I arrived in Las Vegas I saw that Rodney was performing. I decided to see him on stage, but it was his last night. He left town. I was disappointed.

I remember hearing this story about him.

Rodney was in the hospital ready to go in for heart surgery. His wife and his best friend were at his bedside.

Rodney said "The doctors told me that if everything goes well I should be out in 2 weeks. If things don't go well I should be out in 2 hours."

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Did the Dimms learn anything from the 2016 Election?

Message 23 of 58

Centrist said, "Oh, so they didn't call them criminals...is that what you're saying?  So, how are you going to pay of the debt?  I remember you Republicans attacking Democrats and Obama for the national deficit which under GOP Control and rump leadership, is the highest in US history at 22 Trillion dollars AND climbing, meanwhile, slashing revenue which is increasing the deficit exponentially .....so what happened to that?"

The answer is simple in Trump World. If the deficit rose under Obama, that was horrible for America. 

When the deficit rose $1 TRILLION under Trump, they completely ignore the national debt. 

Big Time HYPOCRISY.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 58

@Moscow45 wrote:

God bless Trump, the dealmaker. Obama had our economy and our seniors in a vice grip. Trump's economy is booming right now! Drug prices are down. Jobs are up. Even AARP would agree, we are in a good place right now.

"Good Place" as defined by JamesL:

WHAT IS THE NATIONAL DEBT TODAY?
$23,006,351,378,601
That's
person icon
$69,724
for every single person in America.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 58

@Moscow45 wrote:

Yes, people like Warren and Sanders want to tax the crap out of everyone and businesses.

Most economists have already stated that Warren's wealth tax does not add up. We cannot afford it. 

Oh, so they didn't call them criminals...is that what you're saying?  So, how are you going to pay of the debt?  I remember you Republicans attacking Democrats and Obama for the national deficit which under GOP Control and rump leadership, is the highest in US history at 17 Trillion dollars AND climbing, meanwhile, slashing revenue which is increasing the deficit exponentially .....so what happened to that?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 58

@KidBoy2 wrote:
williamb39198 posted..

Try this:

One Person, One Vote!

The main objective of a Free People, a Free Electorate, and a Free Society.

Appropriate for every Individual Citizen

================================================================
FYI We have that.

Obvously we don't have that or whoever won the popular vote would also have the most electoral votes.  Obviously you are wrong again.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 58

God bless Trump, the dealmaker. Obama had our economy and our seniors in a vice grip. Trump's economy is booming right now! Drug prices are down. Jobs are up. Even AARP would agree, we are in a good place right now.

MAGA!

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 58

Yes, people like Warren and Sanders want to tax the crap out of everyone and businesses.

Most economists have already stated that Warren's wealth tax does not add up. We cannot afford it. 

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 58

@KidBoy2 wrote:
williamb39198 posted..

Try this:

One Person, One Vote! Epic FAILURE. The Republican Gerrymanders reduces the vote of urban/suburban Democrats to around 40% of the vote of rural GOPers. The Electoral College allowed 74,000 GOPers to overrule 3,000,000 Democrats

The main objective of a Free People, a Free Electorate, and a Free Society.Only if you define "freedom" as "nothing left to lose".

Appropriate for every Individual Citizen and the Republican definition of "appropriate" is "good for rich whites, not so good for everyone else".

================================================================
FYI We have that. FYI - only in the lalaland of FoxBots and only in the lies told by Fox and Frauds.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 58

We learned, once again, what happens when you appoint a Republican as president. They destroy our international relations, increase deficits, destroy trade relations, and trample the rights of American citizens. 

Did I miss anything? Oh yes, and they are incompetent. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors