Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Did Trump Supporters Vote for GM to Lay of 4400 Workers?

Message 1 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I made my point(s).

Oh but you didn't.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Trump is pro business and has been jaw boning business leaders to keep jobs in the US and bring back jobs to the US....time will tell how many but it looks like it will be a substantial number.

"Jawboning" is the truest descriptiont of all. That's all Trump does, he "Jawbones", making erroneous claims, one after another. The majority sees right through his bunk. He won't finish his first term.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:

mickstuder posted

It must be me...........................................

These Workers already had jobs and were already paying their taxes

Now the State is going to be out $65,000 per worker - how long do you think it's going to take each worker on a Air Conditoner Assembler salary to make up the 65k by paying payroll taxes just so the State can break even..........................payroll taxes they were already paying before Trump allowed them to be used as Pawns and held for Ransom

If your telling me this is SOP and it happens everyday - no wonder we are paying so much in Taxes and getting less and less in services - what a great system - threaten to leave the country and get 65k in ransom payments and at the same time convince the tax payers something good just happened

===================================================

I made my point(s).

Bye and happy posting.

I know and what is most troubling it's that you really beleive in them .............................................

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

mickstuder posted

Now the State is going to be out $65,000 per worker - how long do you think it's going to take each worker on a Air Conditoner Assembler salary to make up the 65k by paying payroll taxes just so the State can break even..........................payroll taxes they were already paying before Trump allowed them to be used as Pawns and held for Ransom

If your telling me this is SOP and it happens everyday - no wonder we are paying so much in Taxes and getting less and less in services - what a great system - threaten to leave the country and get 65k in ransom payments and at the same time convince the tax payers something good just happened

I made my point(s).

Bye and happy posting.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Indiana state officials have agreed to give United Technologies Corp $7 million worth of tax breaks to encourage the company to keep at least 1,069 jobs at its Carrier unit in Indianapolis, Carrier and the state said on Thursday.

FYI That is SOP to keep jobs and/or get jobs be it a town, city or a state. The payback is in taxes that the workers and business will pay. Its a win win.

Unlike Obama Trump is doing things to create job that is why unions like him for creating jobs like he did with the XL and Dakota Pipe lines.

Now the State is going to be out $65,000 per worker - how long do you think it's going to take each worker on a Air Conditoner Assembler salary to make up the 65k by simply paying the same payroll taxes they were already paying and just so the State can break even..........................payroll taxes they were already paying before Trump allowed them to be used as Pawns and held for Ransom so Trump could claim a victory

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

Indiana state officials have agreed to give United Technologies Corp $7 million worth of tax breaks to encourage the company to keep at least 1,069 jobs at its Carrier unit in Indianapolis, Carrier and the state said on Thursday.

FYI That is SOP to keep jobs and/or get jobs be it a town, city or a state. The payback is in taxes that the workers and business will pay. Its a win win.

Unlike Obama Trump is doing things to create job that is why unions like him for creating jobs like he did with the XL and Dakota Pipe lines.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:
@KidBoy2 wrote:
1,000 workers not 4,400.... GM will be building more cars in Spring Hill, Tenn so what will be the net loss?
mickstuder posted..

Give Trump credit for saving jobs in the US

First, a lot of us spend a fair amount of time - sourcing - the material we base our comments on - it would be helpful - if everyone would respect that aspect of Forum Etiquette instead of just throwing out random unsubstantiated claims

Number of jobs for which Trump might take credit: None.

========================================================
unsubstantiated claims...yes there are many...many posted as facts

Then there are threads like "Did Trump Supporters Vote for GM to Lay of 4400 Workers" ... OMG why did I even post to that nonsense?

Like saying Trump has not created any jobs. That is not true...the XL and Dakota access pipeline jobs are jobs Trump created.

Trump is pro business and has been jaw boning business leaders to keep jobs in the US and bring back jobs to the US....time will tell how many but it looks like it will be a substantial number.

Jaw Boning Business Leaders and you think they are just going to capitulate for what purpose to enhance the Trump Legacy - Business Leaders are in Business to make money not to provide jobs - anything that comes from Trump Jaw Boning Business Leaders is going to cost Tax Payers money - just like the Carrier Deal is costing the Tax Payers

By my math thats going to cost Indiana Tax Payers $65,000 for each job saved - The Art of the Deal is really in the detail

Source - http://fortune.com/2016/12/02/indiana-carrier-jobs-tax-breaks-mexico/

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18
KidBoy2 wrote:
1,000 workers not 4,400.... GM will be building more cars in Spring Hill, Tenn so what will be the net loss?
mickstuder posted..

First, a lot of us spend a fair amount of time - sourcing - the material we base our comments on - it would be helpful - if everyone would respect that aspect of Forum Etiquette instead of just throwing out random unsubstantiated claims

========================================================
unsubstantiated claims...yes there are many...many posted as facts

Then there are threads like "Did Trump Supporters Vote for GM to Lay of 4400 Workers" ... OMG why did I even post to that nonsense?

Like saying Trump has not created any jobs. That is not true...the XL and Dakota access pipeline jobs are jobs Trump created.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:

From the CNN Money Article I sourced my comments

1. General Motors is laying off 1,100 workers in Michigan -- the fourth layoff it's announced since November. The four rounds of layoffs will cut a total of 4,400 jobs. (Trump was elected Nov 8th and immediately begain traveling around the country hyping his claim of forcing US Companies to Create More Jobs and Save those scheduled to be lost) - who can forget the Reality TV Show at Carrier Air Conditioning and the Multiple Tweets about the jobs he saved

Source - http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/06/news/companies/gm-layoffs/index.html

Heres is one of the Classics

Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, Chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky - no Mexico

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 18, 2016

I worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the Lincoln plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great State of Kentucky for their confidence in me!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 18, 2016

Number of jobs for which Trump might take credit:

As The Post reported, contracts between Ford and its employees prevented the company from shuttering the Kentucky plant. Instead, the company says that its change of plans was to cancel plans to produce one vehicle, the Lincoln MKC, in Mexico.

Regardless, that move wouldn't have cost any jobs in the Kentucky plant, which primarily manufactures Ford Escapes.

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/03/donald-trump-is-claiming-credit-for-saving...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors