Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 71 of 150
The embarrassment of the liberal double standard by bearing false witness was often used by Obama. Now... it appears that our posters on the left write stuff saturated with lies smothered in sanctimony.

There is none so blind who will not see

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 150

@Olderscout66 wrote:

neoMarxism is an imaginary category invented by rk to avoid being banned for calling other posters Commies, which is what he means by neoMarxist.

Problem with rk and all his fellow travelers is that they cannot distinguish between social justice and the brutal tolaterianism that ruled the East Bloc for 72 years.

Just because Marx mentions something does not make it "Marxist", especially when those who support the thing have no interest in anything else Marx promoted.

Some examples include labor unions, a minimum wage, public education and a progressive income tax. rk and the neoRepublicans brand all these "Marxist" in the hope people will be dumb enough to think demanding we have them will automatically lead to a Dictatorship of the Prolateriate because we'll be on a slippery slope and be unable to save ourselves from ourselves.

its all poppyrot designed to be a shinny object to distract attention from the unrelenting redistribution of wealth from the Middle Class to the top of the 1% happening every day we retain the Reagan taxscam and the rapacity it engenders in the ones dividing the profits from our collective enterprise.

Every year $1.4 TRILLION that should be going to the 99% is diverted to the very top of the 1% simply because the top of the 1% can now give it to themselves AND KEEP IT, something they could not do for the 40 years prior to Reagan's commencement of the Republican rape of the Middle Class.

There you go again -me getting banned for using the word "commie" but calling people Nazi, fascist, racist, etc. is acceptable.

You have never explained your thinking on that.

My the way, had you made the slightest effort to engage in the discussion of Marxism, you would have understood that there was no connectivity with the USSR. But, that would require thinking and honesty. it appears insults and blaming everything on Reagan are your limits.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 150

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Again, the not too subtle suggestion that I am either a Nazi (I don't play dress up on the weekends so that's out) or Nazi sympathizer. Let's talk about that - what about my political ideology as expressed here makes me a Nazi sympathizer to you?  Supporting trump, silent on racist acts across the country, attacking those who point out the unnecessary killing of blacks; whining about the antifa engaging the Nazi's and alt-Right and blaming them for impeding the Nazi's freedom of speech (that nonsense went on for weeks).  Your obstinate belief that all things Conservative are superior over the views of others; your incessant need/desire to label others and then attack the labels you attached.  Shall I go on?

Please do.

So far you have accused me of being a racist for 1) supporting our President, 2) not starting topics over every imagined instance of racism (there are plenty here); 3) defending the police who, all too often, find themselves in very difficult positions; 4) antifa attacks free speech and I am a racist because I do not support that; 5) I believe in the political ideology of Conservatism; and I "label" others (like "Nazi", "KKK", "racist" - if that is the standard, seems like you are the racist).

By the way, defending the police is done regardless of the race of the perp. So, assuming racism in that act would seem to raise the question as to what you are thinking about - do white lives not matter to you?

Bottom line - if you want to call me a Nazi, you'll have to dig a little deeper.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 150

@jimc91 wrote:

Trump's message of what do you have to lose is right on target.  What has the democrats done to improve the inner city schools in America?

Zip, Zero, Nada!!! 

So since the Republicans have had the majority in Congress for 20 of the last 24 years .............. what have the Republicans done to improve inner city school systems?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Why do members of the Trump cult embrace such a nasty, ignorant man?

"Birds of a feather"

Image result for birds of a feather

President Trump does not have a "cult" but he does have an Administration. Now, if you can cite anyone in his Administration that has said, "Migrants not welcome" or go back to Africa" your cartoon may have a point (albeit out of context). If not....just another example of the blind hatred pointed out on these boards.

He has a cult following. He has a partial administration, his irresponsibility and incompetence has prevented him from filling hundreds of positions, you forgot to mention that.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 76 of 150

Jim asked, "What has the democrats done to improve the inner city schools in America?"

And I'm asking him, what have the Republicans done to improve education for anyone?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 150

scout - the unrelenting redistribution of wealth from the Middle Class to the top of the 1% .... dividing the profits from our collective enterprise.

the top of the 1% can now give it to themselves AND KEEP IT.

aka, trumpcare (or some idea thereabouts).  As an example.

And to think, some are so proud of a president who can say, 'hey, it's legal!'   And who knows how to rape (anybody) and get away with it.  Good news, he's deflating fast.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 150

neoMarxism is an imaginary category invented by rk to avoid being banned for calling other posters Commies, which is what he means by neoMarxist.

Problem with rk and all his fellow travelers is that they cannot distinguish between social justice and the brutal tolaterianism that ruled the East Bloc for 72 years.

Just because Marx mentions something does not make it "Marxist", especially when those who support the thing have no interest in anything else Marx promoted.

Some examples include labor unions, a minimum wage, public education and a progressive income tax. rk and the neoRepublicans brand all these "Marxist" in the hope people will be dumb enough to think demanding we have them will automatically lead to a Dictatorship of the Prolateriate because we'll be on a slippery slope and be unable to save ourselves from ourselves.

its all poppyrot designed to be a shinny object to distract attention from the unrelenting redistribution of wealth from the Middle Class to the top of the 1% happening every day we retain the Reagan taxscam and the rapacity it engenders in the ones dividing the profits from our collective enterprise.

Every year $1.4 TRILLION that should be going to the 99% is diverted to the very top of the 1% simply because the top of the 1% can now give it to themselves AND KEEP IT, something they could not do for the 40 years prior to Reagan's commencement of the Republican rape of the Middle Class.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 150

jim - President Obama focused routinely on the differences and the sub groups.

Why does that sound like genetics lab chatter?  What is a sub group with differences that according to you, he mistakenly focused on.  Do his visits to grief stricken people living in the below listed cities, qualify as an improper focus?  Did consoling someone mean someone else had been - divided?  Not part of THAT sub group?  It's your term jim, please splain away. 

Obama speaks at Dallas memorial and says ‘we ask police to do too much’

Consoling a nation after a violent episode has become familiar ground for Obama, whose presidency has been marked by tragedies and attacks in places such as San Bernardino; Roseburg, Ore.; Charleston; and, most recently, Orlando.

“I’m not naive,” Obama said. “I’ve spoken at too many memorials during the course of this presidency. I’ve hugged too many families that lost a loved one to senseless violence.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/12/grieving-dallas-awaits-obama-as-protes...

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

ahh yes the dreaded neomarxist, which Obama WAS NOT. He was wildly popular, and was ELECTED to enact these center-left policies. In my lifetime there hasnt been a president far enough to the left, and just one candidate. But we in the US cant have nice toys like healthcare and education because it costs too much money. Its become clear that post Obama we have become a nation of sympathizers, and one point of evidence is your continued use of the word NEOMARXIST. You are the only one here to have done much study on that term..and people like to know their enemy of course. Historically, the Ideology thats been hardest on the left has been the Nazi Party. Its vestiges and sympathizers continue to this day.

If Obama was center left to you, I assume our definitions of the sliding scale of political ideology are different. They usually are to the extremists on both sides.  That's not new. No, it isn't. To people on your side defending the Constitution can make you a Nazi, fascist, alt-right, homphobe (and more). As a matter of fact, Again, "rk" chooses to define what others believe as if it's a fact.  I recall you making such pronouncements.  Yep, again, twisting what others post.

We have education (and have had for quite a while). We do have healthcare (and have had for quite a while).  No thanks to Conservatives either.

As to Marxism - there is no reason for only I to know what it means. You aren't....many know.  They also know you are the first here to label those you disagree as such.  It's rather lame.  I tried - Lord knows I tried. And it isn't a matter of knowing my "enemy". It is a matter of trying to understand all sides of an issue. You can't understand much when you spend most of your time labeling others, twisting their words and dividing people into groups.  Sounds familiar, eh?  Had you read my efforts to get Marxism understood, you would have seen that I had the highest respect for his intentions and moral character. Unlike those you label as such and use the term in a perjorative manner.  I just could never see the realistic possibility of his dreams coming true, and they haven't.  Agreed.

Again, the not too subtle suggestion that I am either a Nazi (I don't play dress up on the weekends so that's out) or Nazi sympathizer. Let's talk about that - what about my political ideology as expressed here makes me a Nazi sympathizer to you?  Supporting trump, silent on racist acts across the country, attacking those who point out the unnecessary killing of blacks; whining about the antifa engaging the Nazi's and alt-Right and blaming them for impeding the Nazi's freedom of speech (that nonsense went on for weeks).  Your obstinate belief that all things Conservative are superior over the views of others; your incessant need/desire to label others and then attack the labels you attached.  Shall I go on?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors