Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
319
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

319 Views
Message 41 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Cult (noun) a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.

"a cult of personality surrounding the leaders" synonyms: obsession with, fixation on, mania for, idolization of, devotion to, worship of, veneration of.

 

Sorry rk - the Trumpettes are a CULT. Lemontop hasn't delivered a single one of his promises while demonstrating a total disregard for getting anything done, besides staging rallies where his followers demonstrate their obsession with, fixation on, mania for, idolization of, devotion to, worship of, veneration of HIM.


No need to be sorry. It is what it is, live with it.

 

There is no cult (ooops, sorry CULT). There are no Trumpettes. There is no Lemontop. There is no idolizing. There is no obsession. There is no fixation. There is no mania. There is no veneration (twice). There is no worship. There is no HIM.

 

What there is is a President trying to fulfill his campaign promises under very difficult conditions, facing a great deal of opposition from the neoMarxists and, sadly, from the Republican establishment.

 

And then we have the people who believe in his campaign promises, who believe in "Make America Great Again" and refuse to accept the silliness of "that's xenophobia" or "that's Nazism". The same people do not want socialized medicine and approve of his efforts to stop it. Racially, they are people who look around them and see "people" not elements in a half dozen or more subcategories set up by the neoMarxists.

 

I hope that clarifies things for you.


Well said @rk9152 !!!

 

There are those that suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome...

 

MAGA

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
319
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
304
Views

Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

304 Views
Message 42 of 150

This thread is about embarrassment, not politics.

 

President Obama is intelligent, articulate, and a class act who garnered respect around the world. 

 

Members of the Trump cult say they are embarrassed by President Obama, yet they are proud of a man who is:

  • a loud mouth bully
  • insults women
  • insults everyone (including Republicans) who disagrees with him
  • is a pathological liar
  • is ignorant on the important issues
  • hired several white nationalists
  • etc.

Why do members of the Trump cult embrace such a nasty, ignorant man?

 

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
304
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
289
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

289 Views
Message 43 of 150

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Gosh, you must think Americans are stupid....

 

Obama has a 60% approval rating.  Meanwhile, the clown you helped elect is about 39%.  It's OK, someone has to be in the minority.....there's nothing wrong about that now, is there?


Gosh - I would think that thinking a popularity contest after the fact determines the President is ...... well, unwise.


Another straw argument.....


I am starting to get the idea that "straw" means "I can't deal with that logically".


"I am starting to get the idea that"  means "I can't deal with it logically".


Should maturity suddenly show up on your doorstep, let me know, I'll be quite willing to engage in discussion with you.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
289
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
293
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

293 Views
Message 44 of 150

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Racists support racism by claiming efforts to end racism are racist.

 

If a system is NOT producing racist results, there's no Affirmative Action remedy ever applied. So if the one Mexican and one Asian can be shown to have an equal chance at a given opportunity, no problem. But if the actual results are that Mexicans and Asians do NOT receive promotions, big problem and Affirmative Action is appropriate.

 

The notion that all such actions give a benefit to someone unqualified is perhaps the most damaging lie told about Affirmative Action. No one running the program would do that because it would never work - the individual would fail and racists would use that to attack anti-racist actions.

 

The fact is, there are very few jobs that cannot be done by someone one level lower in the organization if that person is willing to accept the additional responsibilities. Same applies to college admissions. We've tried the Republican "solution" - selecting winners based on how WASP they are while trying to conceal this criteria - and it's not served us well.

 

Time for a different approach. One that promotes equality.


Agreed - criteria should not be hidden. With that proviso, can we now treat all people equally?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
293
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
287
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

287 Views
Message 45 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Gosh, you must think Americans are stupid....

 

Obama has a 60% approval rating.  Meanwhile, the clown you helped elect is about 39%.  It's OK, someone has to be in the minority.....there's nothing wrong about that now, is there?


Gosh - I would think that thinking a popularity contest after the fact determines the President is ...... well, unwise.


Another straw argument.....


I am starting to get the idea that "straw" means "I can't deal with that logically".


"I am starting to get the idea that"  means "I can't deal with it logically".


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
287
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
280
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

280 Views
Message 46 of 150

Racists support racism by claiming efforts to end racism are racist.

 

If a system is NOT producing racist results, there's no Affirmative Action remedy ever applied. So if the one Mexican and one Asian can be shown to have an equal chance at a given opportunity, no problem. But if the actual results are that Mexicans and Asians do NOT receive promotions, big problem and Affirmative Action is appropriate.

 

The notion that all such actions give a benefit to someone unqualified is perhaps the most damaging lie told about Affirmative Action. No one running the program would do that because it would never work - the individual would fail and racists would use that to attack anti-racist actions.

 

The fact is, there are very few jobs that cannot be done by someone one level lower in the organization if that person is willing to accept the additional responsibilities. Same applies to college admissions. We've tried the Republican "solution" - selecting winners based on how WASP they are while trying to conceal this criteria - and it's not served us well.

 

Time for a different approach. One that promotes equality.

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
280
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
271
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

271 Views
Message 47 of 150

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Gosh, you must think Americans are stupid....

 

Obama has a 60% approval rating.  Meanwhile, the clown you helped elect is about 39%.  It's OK, someone has to be in the minority.....there's nothing wrong about that now, is there?


Gosh - I would think that thinking a popularity contest after the fact determines the President is ...... well, unwise.


Another straw argument.....


I am starting to get the idea that "straw" means "I can't deal with that logically".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
271
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
273
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

273 Views
Message 48 of 150

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


When a decision about a person is made based on race - that is racist - it seems fairly straight forward.  Wrong.  "We want a diverse population in our school.  We are 90% white.  We have two openings, so let's accept one Asian and one Mexican."  Not racist.

That sounds like assigning kids to particular schools based on race is not racism. But it was with segregation....???

 

And, does the "naw" mean that you are officially declaring me to the klatch as "non-racist"? Naw.....fat chance.  

Does that mean that you are declaring me to be a racist? If so, reasons would be useful.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
273
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
293
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

293 Views
Message 49 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Gosh, you must think Americans are stupid....

 

Obama has a 60% approval rating.  Meanwhile, the clown you helped elect is about 39%.  It's OK, someone has to be in the minority.....there's nothing wrong about that now, is there?


Gosh - I would think that thinking a popularity contest after the fact determines the President is ...... well, unwise.


Another straw argument.....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
293
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
297
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

297 Views
Message 50 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Again, the not too subtle suggestion that I am either a Nazi (I don't play dress up on the weekends so that's out) or Nazi sympathizer. Let's talk about that - what about my political ideology as expressed here makes me a Nazi sympathizer to you?  Supporting trump, silent on racist acts across the country, attacking those who point out the unnecessary killing of blacks; whining about the antifa engaging the Nazi's and alt-Right and blaming them for impeding the Nazi's freedom of speech (that nonsense went on for weeks).  Your obstinate belief that all things Conservative are superior over the views of others; your incessant need/desire to label others and then attack the labels you attached.  Shall I go on?

Please do.

So far you have accused me of being a racist Actually, I haven't.....maybe it's just your guilty conscious. But it is, what it is..... for 1) supporting our President,  well, racists do support other racists don't they?  2) not starting topics over every imagined instance of racism (there are plenty here); Maybe not even a post commenting on a racist act other than diverting the topic about your pleasure about who goes home at night. 3) defending the police who, all too often, find themselves in very difficult positions; why yes they do.....it's what they signed up for.  But more often than most care to see, they kill others unnecessarily.  4) antifa attacks free speech and I am a racist because I do not support that; again with the guilty conscious......no one has suggested anything such.....though, you have expressed unending support for the KKK's permit to protest although they violated the terms of that permit.....and you blamed it on others.  I believe in the political ideology of Conservatism;  Does that make you a racisist?  Many racists are Conservatives, but I wouldn't say all Conservatives are racist.  There are some intelligent Cons....it's the law of averages..... and I "label" others (like "Nazi", "KKK", "racist" - if that is the standard, seems like you are the racist).  Oh don't worry, "rk", there are plenty of racisist, but alas, I've never called you one, though I HAVE pointed out you don't know what the term means based on the examples you provide and that you've posted several racist comments here.  Does that make you a racisist?  You'll have to decide for yourself. I've been called a racisist AND a Conservative here on this forum as well.  So? 

 

By the way, defending the police is done regardless of the race of the perp. I haven't noticed because race isn't the issue.  So, assuming racism in that act would seem to raise the question as to what you are thinking about - do white lives not matter to you?  Again, you're usually wrong when you "assume".

 

Bottom line - if you want to call me a Nazi, you'll have to dig a little deeper.  Again, your guilty conscious is once again exposed....I never called you a Nazi.  When you wish to have a discussion without making up lies and distorting what others say, let me know.

I believe yours is "racist". If so, what have I said or done that makes me a racist?  Naw, you get confused to easily....let's keep it simple for you.  You believe mine is "racist"....please explain how it's "racist" as you claim.


When a decision about a person is made based on race - that is racist - it seems fairly straight forward.  Wrong.  "We want a diverse population in our school.  We are 90% white.  We have two openings, so let's accept one Asian and one Mexican."  Not racist.

 

And, does the "naw" mean that you are officially declaring me to the klatch as "non-racist"? Naw.....fat chance.  


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
297
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.


jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors