Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 131 of 150
Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

----------------------------------------------------

Obama embarrassed not just me but our country when he went overseas on his apology tour.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 150

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 150

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

YES!

Really?  How were you embarrassed?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 150

@KidBoy2 wrote:
mimi0000 posted..

Obama did not embarrass me. He gave me hope.

=============================================

Instead of 'hope and change' Obama gave progressives Trump

Wrong again.  He gave Conservatives trump.  You were the one's who embrace him.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 150

YES!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 150
mimi0000 posted..

Obama did not embarrass me. He gave me hope.

=============================================

Instead of 'hope and change' Obama gave progressives Trump
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 150

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
At first... even though I didn't vote for him I was kinda proud of our nation to look beyond color. I had great respect for Obama the man. By the end of his first term I had lost a great deal of respect for how he was running the country and he was an embarrassment for our nation but as a man he was convicted so I respect that.

Of course this is about "feelings" , so what I feel today maybe different tomorrow. What remains is substance.... some good a lot bad.

I was absolutely stunned when he was elected for a second term.

I was always proud of Obama and always will remain proud of him.

On the other hand - trump and his followers and supporters are not only an international embarassment - but are a clear and unmistakable demonstration republicans/conserrvatives still are evolving at a slower rate than the rest of humanity...

Well - there always has to be a group that evolves slowest....

Just try to keep any of your kids from breeding with with one...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 150

@CriticalThinking wrote:

President Obama is a great man and I have tremendous respect for him. He is a man of character who accomplished a lot in 8 years, but not enough for me. There were times where I disagreed with him, but overall, I loved having a man of character and integrity as our President. 

When he took office in 2009, America and the world were suffering from the worst economic crisis of our lifetime. We did very well the next 8 years. Here's a little reminder of what happened during President Obama's 2 terms as President:

• Bin Laden was killed
  • The Affordable Care Act, with all of its flaws, changed health care, making it better in several ways
  • 14 million jobs were added
  • Corporate Profits were booming, setting all-time records
  • The Stock Market more than tripled in value 
  • GM and Chrysler, who were saved by the Bush/Obama bailouts, also set all time sales records.
  • Unemployment went down to 4.9%
  • Housing Sales rose nationally as we had a thriving home market during his 2nd term in office
  • The U.S. was the number one global economic powerhouse. Every major country invested in and respected the U.S.
  • ISIS lost 30,000 out of 45,000 troops plus much of their territory
  • In his last year in office, median household income rose to $56,516 in 2015, up 5.2% from a year earlier, according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau

Facts matter, don't they?  Except to politically bigoted people.  He wasn't perfect, of course.  There has never been a President that everyone agree's with everything they do, nor will there ever be; it's not the nature of politics.  But we call all ask ourselves a simple, less partisan question.....was the country better off the end of 2016 than it was the end of 2008?  Of course it was....

And to your point about median income, CeeTee.....it was the highest EVER!!!!

U.S. middle-class incomes reached highest-ever level in 2016, Census Bureau says

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 139 of 150

President Obama is a great man and I have tremendous respect for him. He is a man of character who accomplished a lot in 8 years, but not enough for me. There were times where I disagreed with him, but overall, I loved having a man of character and integrity as our President. 

When he took office in 2009, America and the world were suffering from the worst economic crisis of our lifetime. We did very well the next 8 years. Here's a little reminder of what happened during President Obama's 2 terms as President:

• Bin Laden was killed
  • The Affordable Care Act, with all of its flaws, changed health care, making it better in several ways
  • 14 million jobs were added
  • Corporate Profits were booming, setting all-time records
  • The Stock Market more than tripled in value 
  • GM and Chrysler, who were saved by the Bush/Obama bailouts, also set all time sales records.
  • Unemployment went down to 4.9%
  • Housing Sales rose nationally as we had a thriving home market during his 2nd term in office
  • The U.S. was the number one global economic powerhouse. Every major country invested in and respected the U.S.
  • ISIS lost 30,000 out of 45,000 troops plus much of their territory
  • In his last year in office, median household income rose to $56,516 in 2015, up 5.2% from a year earlier, according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 150

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
At first... even though I didn't vote for him I was kinda proud of our nation to look beyond color. I had great respect for Obama the man. By the end of his first term I had lost a great deal of respect for how he was running the country and he was an embarrassment for our nation but as a man he was convicted so I respect that.

Of course this is about "feelings" , so what I feel today maybe different tomorrow. What remains is substance.... some good a lot bad.

I was absolutely stunned when he was elected for a second term.

You're right, Slayer....it is about "feelings" as well as opinion.  But what embarrassment was Obama to our nation?  From Pew Research.....

As Obama Years Draw to Close, President and U.S. Seen Favorably in Europe and Asia Few overseas conf...

U.S. Image Suffers as Publics Around World Question Trump’s Leadership

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors