Kudos
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 121 of 150
Barack Obama's Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a
Superpower

==================================================
Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

That is the subject of this thread. But we have one poster that continues to try to make this thread about Trump...like he/she can change what Obama did.

Whats next? The Bush's?
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

Although the topic is Obama, some, naturally, had to slip their attacks on Trump in. So, at risk of being accused of changing the subject by the subject changer, I'm going on - courageously.

The two men have totally different styles. I personally like the "cool" style of Obama. I'd love to attend a "beer summit" with him.

But, we are talking about the President of the United States and there is much more to consider than personality. The political ideology of each is a very big factor in any discussion of the two Presidents. 

First, I think that each is quite capable of being very effective with their differing styles. It is said that Obama had obstruction from the Republicans and that is true with regard to the Congress. The same is true for Trump. However, Trump also has to deal with the Dems mobs in the street creating obstructions.

So, to me, it is not a case of ability but ability to do what. Obama was leading us down the path of neoMarxism - more government control over more aspects of our lives, more control over the economy, and more dependency of the people on the government. As you well know, that is not my vision of America.

So, embarrassed? - no but happy that we are now going in a different direction.

Our politics are different, so personally, I'm more embarrassed by trump.  But, I must say, that was one heck`ava post, "rk".  Nice work.  Kudo worthy.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 150

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

----------------------------------------------------

Obama embarrassed not just me but our country when he went overseas on his apology tour.

Your probably in the minority and that's fine.....obviously.

I'm more "embarrassed" that some adults think putting a sheet over a statute is defacing it.  There'll be a LOT of "defaced" kids next month come halloween.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 124 of 150

I see things very differently than one of our forum members, who supports a President, who among other things, never admits he made a mistake, blames everyone else for his failures, and is a public bully. 

Unlike Trump, President Obama was a class act who garnered respect around the world. One of the reasons he was so respected was his ability to acknowledge that America, just like people, made numerous mistakes in the past and to say we're sorry about them. Unlike our other forum member, I see the ability to acknowledge your mistakes and apologize for them as a sign of strength. 

America's reputation around the world with the President he supports is at an all time low. Of course he won't admit that. One of many reasons our reputation is so low is Trump's inability to accept responsiblity and acknowledge his mistakes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 150
Barack Obama's Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a
Superpower

http://www.heritage.org/europe/report/barack-obamas-top-10-apologies-how-the-president-has-humiliate...

Its like Obama was running for President of the World and has bad mouthed our country to get votes.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 126 of 150

Yes I have a problem with it. America's done horrible things in the past which were never acknowledged by our leaders. Admitting to the world that we made mistakes and we're sorry about that is a sign of strength. As a result of those apologies, respect for America around the world went up during the Obama Administration. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 150
Mlseker's post..

I posted...Obama embarrassed not just me but our country when he went overseas on his apology tour.

Mlsker posted..

Again, propaganda.

But you , in saying that, brings up some questions.
you either believe: the US never did anthing wrong
Or were embarrassed y Obama admitting what you knew was done wrong by the US..

===================================================
propaganda. ...no the fact

Updated April 23, 2009 12:01 a.m. ET
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB124044156269345357
President Barack Obama has finished the second leg of his international confession tour. In less than 100 days, he has apologized on three continents for what he views as the sins of America and his predecessors.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I do not want our President to apologize for what our country might have done wrong I want our President to emphasize what a great country we are and the great things we have done for other countries. Do you have a problem with that? .. if so why???
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 150

Although the topic is Obama, some, naturally, had to slip their attacks on Trump in. So, at risk of being accused of changing the subject by the subject changer, I'm going on - courageously.

The two men have totally different styles. I personally like the "cool" style of Obama. I'd love to attend a "beer summit" with him.

But, we are talking about the President of the United States and there is much more to consider than personality. The political ideology of each is a very big factor in any discussion of the two Presidents. 

First, I think that each is quite capable of being very effective with their differing styles. It is said that Obama had obstruction from the Republicans and that is true with regard to the Congress. The same is true for Trump. However, Trump also has to deal with the Dems mobs in the street creating obstructions.

So, to me, it is not a case of ability but ability to do what. Obama was leading us down the path of neoMarxism - more government control over more aspects of our lives, more control over the economy, and more dependency of the people on the government. As you well know, that is not my vision of America.

So, embarrassed? - no but happy that we are now going in a different direction.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 129 of 150

This is mind boggling and it has nothing to do with politics.

President Obama is a man of class, integrity, and intellect. He has the utmost respect for women and he's a fabulous role model for our children.

Trump is ignorant, a pathological liar, and a loud mouthed bully who insults everyone who disagrees with him. And he has no respect for women. Is this the kind of role model we want for our children?

And you're embarrassed by President Obama?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 150

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

----------------------------------------------------

Obama embarrassed not just me but our country when he went overseas on his apology tour.

Again, propaganda. 

But you , in saying that, brings up some questions.

you either believe: the US never did anthing wrong

Or were embarrassed y Obama admitting what you knew was done wrong by the US..

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.