Message 1 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, they are and they come in a variety of races. Seeing people as people is (as you well know) is about race. It's about many things, not just want YOU want it to be "about". Certainly there are differing political ideologies. Certainly there are different races as well.

There are different races, genders, religions, etc. Of course, that was my point....not just "races" as you suggested.  Based on the topic I am saying that they are all "people" and should be primarily perceived that way.  I haven't noticed any disagreement with that statement.

Are we in agreement then that all people should be treated equally?  Sure.  As long as that includes ALL people, all the time.

Issue resolved.

There wasn't an "issue".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 2 of 150

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, they are and they come in a variety of races. Seeing people as people is (as you well know) is about race. It's about many things, not just want YOU want it to be "about". Certainly there are differing political ideologies. Certainly there are different races as well.

There are different races, genders, religions, etc. Of course, that was my point....not just "races" as you suggested.  Based on the topic I am saying that they are all "people" and should be primarily perceived that way.  I haven't noticed any disagreement with that statement.

Are we in agreement then that all people should be treated equally?  Su.  As long as that includes ALL people, all the time.

Issue resolved.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Are we in agreement then that all people should be treated equally?  Sure.  As long as that includes ALL people, all the time.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 150

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Are we in agreement then that all people should be treated equally?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 150

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A fair and openminded assessment of Trump supporters vs the others would show a much higher level of civility among his supporters. 

Is that what you call it, "rk"?  Civility?  Once again you demonstrate that accurate definitions are not your friend.

Of course there a whack jobs all over the political spectrum. Yes, of course.  But political bigots protect those on their side of the spectrum and then claim, "they're not mine". Sure, "political bigots" but I do not see any such people on the scene. I was referring to normal, everyday citizens and our fellow posters.  C'mon, "rk"....you remember your guy said there were good people in your group of whack jobs..... There was a variety of people there - violent radicals on both sides as well as rational people, I will still say there were good, sincere people people on both sides. While I may not agree with some of them, I cannot doubt their decency I am sure that none of us here are weekend reenactors nor Guy Fawkes mask wearers. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple have their hoods on a hanger in the closet. Of course not!!! If you politically disagree with someone, they must be a Nazi or a Kluxer.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

This thread is about embarrassment, not politics.

President Obama is intelligent, articulate, and a class act who garnered respect around the world. 

Members of the Trump cult say they are embarrassed by President Obama, yet they are proud of a man who is:

• a loud mouth bully
  • insults women
  • insults everyone (including Republicans) who disagrees with him
  • is a pathological liar
  • is ignorant on the important issues
  • hired several white nationalists
  • etc.

Why do members of the Trump cult embrace such a nasty, ignorant man?

Judging by a couple of posters here who support Trump, they do so because they are nasty and ignorant themselves.

A fair and openminded assessment of Trump supporters vs the others would show a much higher level of civility among his supporters. 

Is that what you call it, "rk"?  Civility?  Once again you demonstrate that accurate definitions are not your friend.

Of course there a whack jobs all over the political spectrum. Yes, of course.  But political bigots protect those on their side of the spectrum and then claim, "they're not mine".  I was referring to normal, everyday citizens and our fellow posters.  C'mon, "rk"....you remember your guy said there were good people in your group of whack jobs..... I am sure that none of us here are weekend reenactors nor Guy Fawkes mask wearers. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple have their hoods on a hanger in the closet.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 150

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There are different races, genders, religions, etc. Based on the topic I am saying that they are all "people" and should be primarily perceived that way.

Should be indeed.

Too bad trump and all his white supremacists/alt-right/KKK/Nazi/white nationalists and other bigoted and prejudiced right fringe whackadoodles don't agree with you...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 150

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There are different races, genders, religions, etc. Based on the topic I am saying that they are all "people" and should be primarily perceived that way.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 150

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

This thread is about embarrassment, not politics.

President Obama is intelligent, articulate, and a class act who garnered respect around the world. 

Members of the Trump cult say they are embarrassed by President Obama, yet they are proud of a man who is:

• a loud mouth bully
  • insults women
  • insults everyone (including Republicans) who disagrees with him
  • is a pathological liar
  • is ignorant on the important issues
  • hired several white nationalists
  • etc.

Why do members of the Trump cult embrace such a nasty, ignorant man?

Judging by a couple of posters here who support Trump, they do so because they are nasty and ignorant themselves.

Of course there a whack jobs all over the political spectrum. I was referring to normal, everyday citizens and our fellow posters. I am sure that none of us here are weekend reenactors nor Guy Fawkes mask wearers.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors