Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 141 of 150
At first... even though I didn't vote for him I was kinda proud of our nation to look beyond color. I had great respect for Obama the man. By the end of his first term I had lost a great deal of respect for how he was running the country and he was an embarrassment for our nation but as a man he was convicted so I respect that.

Of course this is about "feelings" , so what I feel today maybe different tomorrow. What remains is substance.... some good a lot bad.

I was absolutely stunned when he was elected for a second term.

liberals have rejected civility
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 142 of 150

Obama did not embarrass me.  He gave me hope.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 143 of 150

@maybemaybenot wrote:

Yes. And our country.

Really?  How'd he do that?  That's not bad for a minority who....."Two new polls show President Barack Obama leaving office with one of the highest approval ratings for any departing US president."....in a country with so much racism, eh?

Two new polls show President Barack Obama leaving office with one of the highest approval ratings fo...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 144 of 150

No, Obama didn't embarrass me; the idiots in the GOP led Congress did.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 145 of 150

@mickstuder wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

No, but Ms Obama did and thanks for asking.

==================================================

Michelle Obama: First Time proud of USA - YouTube
Video for Ms Obama I was never proud of our country until Obama became president▶ 1:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch

What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It
is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in
my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because
Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And
I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just
not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people
who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made
me proud."

I agree with Michelle Obama.......................Clinton was a Liar - Bush was a Liar - I Believed Obama and I beleived he had the best interests of the Entire Country at heart.................................................most importantly - he got Bin Laden and he got a Nuclear Treaty with Iran............and he took our Healthcare out of the Commodities Market and put it into the Category as Right of all Citizens not just the Rich 

Trump and the GOP controlled US Congress would take a Nuclear Treaty with verified inspections in North Korea in a heartbeat............................never happen under Trump and probably because of Trump - No Major International Peace Treaty with any other Country ever again - who would trust that the next Flunkie US President wouldn't attempt to back out of it like Trump is with Iran

Now once again - we have a Liar running the Country and possibly much worse - he's probably a Traitor..................................and he certainly thinks the Presidency is his to do with what he wants and screw the Citizens and the Country if it fits his personal goals

I was in just about total disagreement with Obama's political ideology and his vision for our nation and it's place in the world. I am much more aligned with the vision of Trump.

But this over the top nonsense of "embarrassed" - no. That goes in the direction of the emotional childishness of "Der Trumper", "PORCINE" , "Liar", "Traitor", "Nazi", and the rest of the nonsense appearing regularly on these boards.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 146 of 150

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Video for Ms Obama I was never proud of our country until Obama became president▶ 1:16

me proud."

I agree with Michelle Obama.......................Clinton was a Liar - Bush was a Liar - I Believed Obama and I beleived he had the best interests of the Entire Country at heart.................................................most importantly - he got Bin Laden and he got a Nuclear Treaty with Iran............and he took our Healthcare out of the Commodities Market and put it into the Category as Right of all Citizens not just the Rich 

Trump and the GOP controlled US Congress would take a Nuclear Treaty with verified inspections in North Korea in a heartbeat............................never happen under Trump and probably because of Trump - No Major International Peace Treaty with any other Country ever again - who would trust that the next Flunkie US President wouldn't attempt to back out of it like Trump is with Iran

Now once again - we have a Liar running the Country and possibly much worse - he's probably a Traitor..................................and he certainly thinks the Presidency is his to do with what he wants and screw the Citizens and the Country if it fits his personal goals

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 147 of 150

Great posting. This says it for me:

Because objectively speaking, if what’s happening in our country right now doesn’t cause you great shame and doesn’t induce the continual meeting of your palm to your face—I don’t believe embarrassment is ever something you struggle with.

No, if you claimed to be “embarrassed” by Barack Obama but you’re not embarrassed by Donald Trump—I’m going to strongly suggest it was largely a pigmentation issue.

And as an American and a Christian committed to diversity and equality and to the liberty at the heart of this nation—that, embarrasses me.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 148 of 150
Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

me proud."
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 149 of 150

Yes. And our country. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Did Obama EMBARRASS you?

Message 150 of 150

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/05/26/no-white-friend-you-werent-embarrassed-by-barack-obama/

I remember the day after the Election, a friend of mine who happens to be white, remarked on social media that he “finally wasn’t embarrassed of America and our President.”

I sprained my eyes rolling them and they have never fully recovered.

Since then I’ve heard this sentiment echoed by more white folks than I can count, especially in recent months; supposed relief at once again having a leader who instills pride.

Since I don’t have the time to ask each of the individually, I’ll ask here:

So, you were embarrassed for the past 8 years, huh? 

Really?

What exactly were you embarrassed by?

Were you embarrassed by his lone and enduring twenty-five year marriage to a strong woman he’s never ceased to publicly praise, respect, or cherish?

Were you embarrassed by the way he lovingly and sweetly parented and protected his daughters?

Were you embarrassed by his Columbia University degree in Political Science or his graduating magna **bleep** laude from Harvard Law School?

Maybe you were embarrassed by his white American and Black Kenyan parents, or the diversity he was raised in as normal?

Were you embarrassed by his eloquence, his quick wit, his easy humor, his seeming comfort meeting with both world leaders and street cleaners; by his bright smile or his sense of empathy or his steadiness—perhaps by his lack of personal scandals or verbal gaffes or impulsive tirades?

No. Of course you weren’t.

Honestly, I don’t believe you were ever embarrassed. That word implies an association that brings ridicule, one that makes you ashamed by association, and if that’s something you claim to have experienced over the past eight years by having Barack Obama representing you in the world—I’m going to suggest you rethink your word choice.

You weren’t “embarrassed” by Barack Obama.

You were threatened by him.
You were offended by him.
You were challenged by him.
You were enraged by him.

But I don’t believe it had anything to do with his resume or his experience or his character or his conduct in office—because you seem fully proud right now to be associated with a three-time married, serial adulterer and confessed predator; a man whose election and business dealings and relationships are riddled with controversy and malfeasance. You’re perfectly fine being represented by a bullying, obnoxious, genitalia-grabbing, Tweet-ranting, Prime Minister-shoving charlatan who’s managed to offend all our allies in a few short months.And you’re okay with him putting on religious faith like a rented, dusty, ill-fitting tuxedo and immediately tossing it in the garbage when he’s finished with it.

None of that you’re embarrassed of? I wonder how that works.

Actually, I’m afraid I have an idea. I hope I’m wrong.

Listen, you’re perfectly within your rights to have disagreed with Barack Obama’s policies or to have taken issue with his tactics. No one’s claiming he was a flawless politician or a perfect human being. But somehow I don’t think that’s what we’re talking about here. I think the thing President Obama did that really upset you, white friend—was having a complexion that was far darker than you were ever comfortable with. I think the President we have now feels much better.

Because objectively speaking, if what’s happening in our country right now doesn’t cause you great shame and doesn’t induce the continual meeting of your palm to your face—I don’t believe embarrassment is ever something you struggle with.

No, if you claimed to be “embarrassed” by Barack Obama but you’re not embarrassed by Donald Trump—I’m going to strongly suggest it was largely a pigmentation issue.

And as an American and a Christian committed to diversity and equality and to the liberty at the heart of this nation—that, embarrasses me.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors