Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ‘Dicky Durbin’ Blows Up DACA Deal

Message 21 of 43

@rker321 wrote:

John   my take.

There is no doubt that the present immigration system is a total disaster.

the rules, regulations and loopholes are and should be completely unacceptable.

let's now speak about this specific case in your post.

The man is married to an American citizen and have three children. according to our present laws, the wife can request that her husband be considered to become a legal immigrant . apparently in 2000 they did and according to the wife the attorney did not do a good job requesting the legalization of the status and since then their problem began.

Now. I have criticized the present laws because they have no way of dealing with situations like these.

They should have provided the legal status without any doubt to an individual that has no crime background that is married to a US citizen and that has US children.

Unfortunately, the present law is so convoluted and filled with inaccuracies that don't make sense and things like this happen.
In a way. Trump has done what many Administrations have tried to do and fail which is getting Congress to deal with the issue of coming up with a Comprehensive Immigration program.

What I heard today regarding unattended children is abhorrent  Even Diane F. didn't realized that is is so bad. 
In my own opinion, shame on Diane and shame on all  Senators and members s of the House in general.  They should know better.

If they don't come up with a comprehensive immigration program and that program should be based on merits. like most of other countries have. and deal with a permanent solution. not only for the Daca individuals but for all undocumented that want to come out of the shadow. and then and only then, go ahead and deport everyone else. immediately. 
Deal with the corrupt court system that exist today.  and stop the idiocy of what we have. Penalize employers that provide jobs for undocumented  individuals. create the different types of visas that we need in this country and follow up on them. Close the loopholes. 
Does anyone here thinks that this Congress whether they are Republicans or Democrats will do their jobs.?

I missed the 3 children. There were only 2 hugging him as he left for good. You are correct about his attorney as I saw that to, but if we had any other person President this would not have happened as they would have become involved. In those times compassion trumped all else in this country. There have been bipartisan attempts to fix the system as you say, but they were always blocked by the far right, and as usual that is the problem the far right. Last week their were 2 Senators (Reb., Dem) going to the WH to show Trump a bipartisan bill. What did Trump do. Without telling them he got 2 far right Reb. Senators, and 3 or 4 far right Reb. congressman to the meeting as Trump had no plans to sign on to a bill that might work for all. Look what happened then. Now the whole world is after us again due to the far right and the mentally impaired Trump.

The first step is to get rid of every one with an R behind their name in the next election. If Congress has a veto proof majority they can pass changes to the system that will fix it, and make compassion top. The far right has never done anything for the people it governed for over 300 years. I always ask the far right to list some. So far zero. Here are some of the things the far right has given us around the world. WW1, WW2, SS, Medicare. Thinking people can solve this. Trump our new dictator and his followers can not, and will not.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

It is a shame. It seemed like both sides were in serious discussion on a variety of important issues - DACA, border security, the budget - with the possibility of actually arriving at mutually agreeable positions. It was a "closed door" - "just between is guys" type meeting (the most effective). Then Durban blew the whole thing up by running to the first camera he could find.

I can't imagine his agenda behind that. Unless - it seems like the "Resistance" is based on never agreeing on anything and keeping the hatred flowing. That appears to be their campaign strategy. Whether it works or not, only time will tell. I hope not - that is no way to run a country.

Does not seem that the stories match.  Since Trump has been documented at over 2,000 false and misleading statements even before his first year is up and Dubin has no reputation for what Trump accuses, I am believing Durbin. But hey........feel free to go with the Very Stable Genius (that phrase always cracks me up)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 43

John   my take.

There is no doubt that the present immigration system is a total disaster.

the rules, regulations and loopholes are and should be completely unacceptable.

let's now speak about this specific case in your post.

The man is married to an American citizen and have three children. according to our present laws, the wife can request that her husband be considered to become a legal immigrant . apparently in 2000 they did and according to the wife the attorney did not do a good job requesting the legalization of the status and since then their problem began.

Now. I have criticized the present laws because they have no way of dealing with situations like these.

They should have provided the legal status without any doubt to an individual that has no crime background that is married to a US citizen and that has US children.

Unfortunately, the present law is so convoluted and filled with inaccuracies that don't make sense and things like this happen.
In a way. Trump has done what many Administrations have tried to do and fail which is getting Congress to deal with the issue of coming up with a Comprehensive Immigration program.

What I heard today regarding unattended children is abhorrent  Even Diane F. didn't realized that is is so bad. 
In my own opinion, shame on Diane and shame on all  Senators and members s of the House in general.  They should know better.

If they don't come up with a comprehensive immigration program and that program should be based on merits. like most of other countries have. and deal with a permanent solution. not only for the Daca individuals but for all undocumented that want to come out of the shadow. and then and only then, go ahead and deport everyone else. immediately. 
Deal with the corrupt court system that exist today.  and stop the idiocy of what we have. Penalize employers that provide jobs for undocumented  individuals. create the different types of visas that we need in this country and follow up on them. Close the loopholes. 
Does anyone here thinks that this Congress whether they are Republicans or Democrats will do their jobs.?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Dicky Durbin’ Blows Up DACA Deal

Message 24 of 43

As we've repeatedly observed for quite a long time, members of the Trump Cult never hold their idol in the White House accountable or responsible for any failures. They instead find someone else to blame, which is classic behavior from brainwashed members of a cult.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 43

@john258—I saw that—heartbreaking and so unfair.  how little compassion must one have two separate families? What makes this worse, is that there was an error on the part of the lawyer, which propagated the expulsion from the United States, which was ignored when brought to light by the wife.

It is true that Mr. Obama was known as the deportation president, but he went out of his way to take care of people who were brought here innocently as children. He went out of his way to be fair.

The heartless and cruel policies of our government and its policies, cheered on and directed by trump are shameful.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 43

Here is what we have to look forwarded to from Trump and his followers. Did you see the video of the family at the Detroit airport where the husband was being deported back to Mexico? If not go watch it and you will cry.

Background: The husband was brought to the US by his parents when he was 10 years old and lived here since. He has worked here over 30 years and been just like all Americans. He married has 2 children. His arrival pre dates DACA effective date for people to take part in it so he was never covered. He has done nothing wrong. All his family members are American Citizens so Trumps people are breaking up this American family for what? It is cruel and most of us would only happen in Nazi Germany.

What has this country become? We are no different than Germany was in the 1930. We are doing the same thing. No one stepped forwarded to help this family. Where were the Reglious leaders, and other groups. Where was the Mich. government (Reb. and my guess to busy looking for ways to poison it people (Flint). How far we have fallen due to Trump and his followers.

From a former National Poet:

They came for my friend and I did nothing.

They came for my fellow worker and I did nothing

They came for my fellow church member and I did nothing

They came for my Uncle and I did nothing

They came for me and no one was left to do anything.

WAKE UP PEOPLE

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 43

rk - it seems like the "Resistance" is based on never agreeing on anything and keeping the hatred flowing.

As opposed to all aboard with the hatred dt sells.  That's your side of the street.  dt doesn't/cant'/refuses to think before he opens his foul mouth.  I'm glad Durbin let us know how bad it really is when you have to wrestle with a snake.

I can't imagine his agenda...

The truth will set you free.  Everyone knows that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

It is a shame. It seemed like both sides were in serious discussion on a variety of important issues - DACA, border security, the budget - with the possibility of actually arriving at mutually agreeable positions. It was a "closed door" - "just between is guys" type meeting (the most effective). Then Durban blew the whole thing up by running to the first camera he could find.

I can't imagine his agenda behind that. Unless - it seems like the "Resistance" is based on never agreeing on anything and keeping the hatred flowing. That appears to be their campaign strategy. Whether it works or not, only time will tell. I hope not - that is no way to run a country.

Nothing worth commenting on but I do have to ask:   What is an "is guys" ????

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 43

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 43

Just look at Dick Durbin's record on truth and then the Donald's record of over 2,000 documented  false or misleading statements one year in.  The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. 

Kudos
Views