Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ‘Dicky Durbin’ Blows Up DACA Deal

Message 11 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It is a shame. It seemed like both sides were in serious discussion on a variety of important issues - DACA, border security, the budget - with the possibility of actually arriving at mutually agreeable positions. It was a "closed door" - "just between is guys" type meeting (the most effective). Then Durban blew the whole thing up by running to the first camera he could find.

I can't imagine his agenda behind that. Unless - it seems like the "Resistance" is based on never agreeing on anything and keeping the hatred flowing. That appears to be their campaign strategy. Whether it works or not, only time will tell. I hope not - that is no way to run a country.

The chance for a serious discussion ended before Durbin and Graham even got there. What was intended as a meeting to provide Trump with the plan that had been hashed out by a bipartisan group of Senators went downhill when Trump invited a bunch of anti-immigrant Senators.

By the way, what does a city in South Africa have to do with this discussion? Or were you referring to the strain of cannibus?

To understand the reference would require that you follow the discussion.

You should try having a discussion sometime instead of just making a false statement and demanding that everyone agree with it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It is a shame. It seemed like both sides were in serious discussion on a variety of important issues - DACA, border security, the budget - with the possibility of actually arriving at mutually agreeable positions. It was a "closed door" - "just between is guys" type meeting (the most effective). Then Durban blew the whole thing up by running to the first camera he could find.

I can't imagine his agenda behind that. Unless - it seems like the "Resistance" is based on never agreeing on anything and keeping the hatred flowing. That appears to be their campaign strategy. Whether it works or not, only time will tell. I hope not - that is no way to run a country.

Nothing worth commenting on but I do have to ask:   What is an "is guys" ????

Typical - no logical response so get petty.

Typical - - - - - - post something illogical and expect a logical response.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 43

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The chance for a serious discussion ended before Durbin and Graham even got there. What was intended as a meeting to provide Trump with the plan that had been hashed out by a bipartisan group of Senators went downhill when Trump invited a bunch of anti-immigrant Senators.

By the way, what does a city in South Africa have to do with this discussion? Or were you referring to the strain of cannibus?

To understand the reference would require that you follow the discussion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 43

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Still getting paid by the post, I see.

Is the check in the mail? I haven't gotten anything.

And you are aware that the post you made immediately before this one, mocked another poster for their typo, aren't you. And who is "Durban" as you spelled it? See how it works? "Petty" lecturing = hypocrisy.

And are you aware that mine was incorporated in an intelligent response as opposed to the childishness you referred to.

Durbin didn't blow up anything. Lindsey Graham is apparently the only Republican in the room with any conscience. Cotton and Perdue say it was the word was shouse instead of shole. Durbin did blow Nielsen and her revisionist history out of the water yesterday. Funny how she can remember what was said enough to offer her translation of it, but can't remember what was said enough to give a straight-forward answer when under oath about Trump insulting African countries with profanity. Typical alt-right apologist.

It was Durbin who came out of that closed door meeting looking for the first microphone he could find. And, how about his follow up attacking the President's comments on "chain migration" claiming it has painful to blacks because their ancestors came in chains.

In meetings some people follow the gist of the discussion in an attempt to understand the meanings, agreements, problems, etc. Others grab one word to undo any possibility of progress the meeting offered. Also, in such meetings people "let it all hang out" trusting the other participants not to play the silly game Durbin did.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 43

I wonder what are all of those people that have been following Trump in all of his  problems are going to do when all of this is over?

What do they expect to do then?   perhaps become Lobbyists.?   or simply retreat into oblivion just like that Sarah lady. I don't see her working anywhere but Fox when this is over and then maybe.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Still getting paid by the post, I see.

And you are aware that the post you made immediately before this one, mocked another poster for their typo, aren't you. And who is "Durban" as you spelled it? See how it works? "Petty" lecturing = hypocrisy.

Durbin didn't blow up anything. Lindsey Graham is apparently the only Republican in the room with any conscience. Cotton and Perdue say it was the word was shouse instead of shole. Durbin did blow Nielsen and her revisionist history out of the water yesterday. Funny how she can remember what was said enough to offer her translation of it, but can't remember what was said enough to give a straight-forward answer when under oath about Trump insulting African countries with profanity. Typical alt-right apologist.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 43

As always, Trump blames someone else for his failures.

Trump is doubling down on his rejection of a deal reached by a bipartisan group of senators that would protect the “dreamers,” because it didn’t give him enough concessions, including on the wall. That rejection makes a government shutdown more likely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/01/16/raging-isolated-trump-retreats-deeper-i...

Trump rebuffs Dreamers deal reached by senators

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/11/dreamers-deal-reached-but-trump-has-yet-to-sign-off-336501

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 43

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 43

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Does not seem that the stories match.  Since Trump has been documented at over 2,000 false and misleading statements even before his first year is up and Dubin has no reputation for what Trump accuses, I am believing Durbin. But hey........feel free to go with the Very Stable Genius (that phrase always cracks me up)

Did you actually read the post you were responding to? It had nothing to do with "Dubin" or "Stable Genius" (whoever they are). It had to do with dealing with the problems confronting our nation rather than partisanship.

Kudos
Views