Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ‘Dicky Durbin’ Blows Up DACA Deal

Message 1 of 43

At present, the Republican Party before us is the most dysfunctional and fractured I can ever remember. And given the state of the Republican Party in the past, that says a lot.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 43

@myexper wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@oceanedge2— Word has it that the idiot will sign anything that’s put in front of him.

...... Now if someone would only place a resignation in front of him!

Trump and the Republicans can't 'get a deal' on DACA or a budget among themselves so they blame the Democrats and even try to blame Durbin. We have a racist habitual liar in the White House and a Party in the majority that only knew how to filibuster and cannot govern.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 43

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@oceanedge2— Word has it that the idiot will sign anything that’s put in front of him.

...... Now if someone would only place a resignation in front of him!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 43

@ChasKy53 wrote:

There shouldn't have to be a DACA "deal".  Trump just reaches for anything to use as leverage for his stupid "Wall" idea.

Geez ............. look at history ............... what kind of countries build walls around themselves?  First walls that come to mind are the Great Wall Of China and the Berlin Wall.  Wouldn't building a wall put us in great company? ROFLMAO !!!!

As General Patton stated .... Fixed fortifications are man's monument to stupidity!

Well, Trump's wall will certainly be a monument to stupidity ..... and a highway attraction just like the largest ball of string .... or aluminum foil. People will come from all over the world to laugh at it.

The drug runners will mount their catapults to the wall for a firm base to launch drugs over the wall.

And BTW ..... why isn't anyone from Congress or the Press asking Trump why he needs to have his wall budgeted when he promised that Mexico would pay for it? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 43

@myexper—A guy using trump’s Twitter feed as a source for facts has no common sense either.

Yup,  not too smart to quote a guy who lies every other word out of his mouth. LOL! 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 43

@Richva wrote:

If you are using Trump's Twitter feed as a source of facts, you need to look at your life. 

A person using Trump's Twitter feed as a source of facts, has no "life"!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 43

Does that mean that Durbin did not rush out of a closed, private meeting to find the first camera he could, thereby ending any possibility of a positive outcome from the meeting?

Any possibility of a postive outcome obviously went out with the air conditioning during dt's sh-t storm of a tantrum because he wasen't getting his way.   In the end nobody was hanging around to pat his back for the Great Deal he had just made.  He really is stupid enough to demand/ "trust" (nobody say a word!) when in "a closed, private meeting" with him.

The ever growing accounts of his private behavior with the Women apparently mean nothing to him because they are all liars (lol) so you can't trust them to keep quiet.  He thought the US government would be different.

Stop blaming Durban.  He is not required to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to meet with the president.

And yes, the not so private interactions.  dt will let the shut-down happen.  R.Tillerson did not wait to get to a phone the day he called dt a f-_-ing moron.  His "positive outcome" hopes and dreams obviously had been dashed.  Blown Up. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 43

@BigLib wrote:

The entirety of your reply consisted of "Typical - no logical response so get petty." That's a far cry from "intelligent", and it "incorporated" nothing. It was, indeed, childish, though.

Sadly, there was so much there of value that you missed in your rush to insult.

I find the bigger issue is how some Republicans feel the need to lie and obfuscate what was said in order to save face in a world that doesn't look kindly upon those kinds of put-downs, espeically coming from a country that expects the rest of the world to consider it a leader. America would never politely smile if Egypt's president said something equally as insulting.

Does that mean that Durbin did not rush out of a closed, private meeting to find the first camera he could, thereby ending any possibility of a positive outcome from the meeting?

I'm not sure where the lie by Republicans in that is.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It is a shame. It seemed like both sides were in serious discussion on a variety of important issues - DACA, border security, the budget - with the possibility of actually arriving at mutually agreeable positions. It was a "closed door" - "just between is guys" type meeting (the most effective). Then Durban blew the whole thing up by running to the first camera he could find.

I can't imagine his agenda behind that. Unless - it seems like the "Resistance" is based on never agreeing on anything and keeping the hatred flowing. That appears to be their campaign strategy. Whether it works or not, only time will tell. I hope not - that is no way to run a country.

Nothing worth commenting on but I do have to ask:   What is an "is guys" ????

Typical - no logical response so get petty.

Still getting paid by the post, I see.

Is the check in the mail? I haven't gotten anything.

And you are aware that the post you made immediately before this one, mocked another poster for their typo, aren't you. And who is "Durban" as you spelled it? See how it works? "Petty" lecturing = hypocrisy.

And are you aware that mine was incorporated in an intelligent response as opposed to the childishness you referred to.

Durbin didn't blow up anything. Lindsey Graham is apparently the only Republican in the room with any conscience. Cotton and Perdue say it was the word was shouse instead of shole. Durbin did blow Nielsen and her revisionist history out of the water yesterday. Funny how she can remember what was said enough to offer her translation of it, but can't remember what was said enough to give a straight-forward answer when under oath about Trump insulting African countries with profanity. Typical alt-right apologist.

It was Durbin who came out of that closed door meeting looking for the first microphone he could find. And, how about his follow up attacking the President's comments on "chain migration" claiming it has painful to blacks because their ancestors came in chains.

In meetings some people follow the gist of the discussion in an attempt to understand the meanings, agreements, problems, etc. Others grab one word to undo any possibility of progress the meeting offered. Also, in such meetings people "let it all hang out" trusting the other participants not to play the silly game Durbin did.

The entirety of your reply consisted of "Typical - no logical response so get petty." That's a far cry from "intelligent", and it "incorporated" nothing. It was, indeed, childish, though.

I find the bigger issue is how some Republicans feel the need to lie and obfuscate what was said in order to save face in a world that doesn't look kindly upon those kinds of put-downs, espeically coming from a country that expects the rest of the world to consider it a leader. America would never politely smile if Egypt's president said something equally as insulting.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 43

Also, in such meetings people "let it all hang out" trusting the other participants not to play the silly game Durbin did.

No games rk as It's perfectly legal to yell FIRE! when the theatre your in is, all to clearly burning down.

Kudos
Views