Explore your flexible work options with AARP's Flexible Work Online Expo from 2-5 p.m. ET Tuesday! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ‘Dicky Durbin’ Blows Up DACA Deal

Message 31 of 43

@jimc91 wrote:

“Senator Dicky Durbin totally misrepresented what was said at the DACA meeting,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Deals can’t get made when there is no trust! Durbin blew DACA and is hurting our Military.”

Trump commented on the issue after spending time at his golf course in Palm Beach, Florida and returning to his club at Mar-a-Lago, where he is staying over the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend.

Since news of his comment referring to “**bleep**hole countries” broke on Thursday, Trump said defensively that it was “not the language used,” although he admitted that it was “tough.”

But Durbin repeatedly accused the president of making racist comments.

“He said these hate-filled things and he said them repeatedly,” Durbin said at a press conference on Friday.

Trump spent most of the weekend blaming Democrats for failing to deliver a workable deal on DACA.

“Honestly, I don’t think the Democrats want to make a deal,” Trump said to reporters on Sunday. “I think they talk about DACA, but they don’t want to help the DACA people.”

Trump met with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy over dinner at his club to discuss the possibility of a deal, as well as a potential Democrat-led shutdown of the federal government over the issue.

“I don’t know if there is going to be a shutdown,” Trump said, before the dinner. “There shouldn’t be, because if there is our military gets hurt very badly. We cannot let our military be hurt.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/15/trump-dumps-dicky-durbin-blowing-daca-deal/

Jim  I am surprised.  you have been in this message board for a very long time. and I really cannot believe that you actually believe what you have written.
It is unfortunate that Trump uttered that statement. and what is more unfortunate that he is trying to blame the shutdown on the Democrats.

I will tell you right now,  it won't work. why it won't work? because the Republicans have majority  in the House and Senate, if there is going to be a shutdown it will be because of the Republican vote. please !!!!!  at least  realize any of this.
Sorry but this time  it will affect all of us. let's see who blinks first.
Trump will not. because he doesn't depend on a shutdown but Americans do. hoping that you are very happy about all of this.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 43

If you watched TV this evening you heard what the 2 Senators are now basing their new version of what Trump said. First word stays the same but the second word goes from hole to house. These 2 Senators are out and out liars to the American people. Keep in mind the one from Ga. was the Gov. who said "Let Them Die in the Streets" when speaking of poor people and health care in his state. Both are far right reb and this is what you get from the far right, and that is why in Nov. vote out of office all with an R behind their name.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 43

@oceanedge2— Word has it that the idiot will sign anything that’s put in front of him. (McConnell) After all, we know he can’t be bothered to read anything of import.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 43

phyllis - Only a subhuman scum would let so many innocents hang out there while he is busy declaring he is not a racist when the inverse  is obvious, and so he can spend billions of tax payer money on his ridiculous wall.

He is blackmailing Barack Obama, on behalf of the entire country.  He's holding people hostage, threatening their lives, their livlihoods, their families, their ability to live, work and plan for the rest of their lives.  Dreaming of becoming a US citizen is something our president only wants white people to dream about.

I don't know if a truly good, bipartisan DACA bill (nix on the wall) would its way to dt's legislative pens that he would refuse to use them all.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 43

There shouldn't have to be a DACA "deal".  Trump just reaches for anything to use as leverage for his stupid "Wall" idea.

Geez ............. look at history ............... what kind of countries build walls around themselves?  First walls that come to mind are the Great Wall Of China and the Berlin Wall.  Wouldn't building a wall put us in great company? ROFLMAO !!!!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 43

You know who blew up the DACA deal? The idiot in chief. 

First with his disgusting racist remarks and then with  his lies,  he has again disrupted what should have been productive bi-partisan bill. 

Republicans are playing fast and loose with this. First Purdue and Cotton say they “can't recall,” and then it was trump said “bleep house.”

Not only is it evident these two are liars, changing “house” to “hole” makes no difference, the racism is clear.

We really have hit a new moral low when the people who step forward to tell the truth are the ones who are criticized and condemned.

trump is the one holding up the DACA bill, so that he can get his ridiculously stupid unneeded wall.  

Only a subhuman scum would let so many innocents hang out there while he is busy declaring he is not a racist when the inverse  is obvious, and so he can spend billions of tax payer money on his ridiculous wall.

Oh yeah, one last thing. trump never takes responsibility for any of his ludicrous actions, and blaming Senator Durbin is just one more example. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 43

@Richva wrote:

If you are using Trump's Twitter feed as a source of facts, you need to look at your life. 

Ah ............ the sheltered life of a trump cult member ............ sheltered from reality !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 43

If you are using Trump's Twitter feed as a source of facts, you need to look at your life. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 43

@jimc91 wrote:

President Donald Trump blamed Democratic Senate Minority Whip Sen. Dick Durbin for ruining any chance of a DACA deal, according to details of a private conversation with the president leaked to the press.

“Senator Dicky Durbin totally misrepresented what was said at the DACA meeting,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Deals can’t get made when there is no trust! Durbin blew DACA and is hurting our Military.”

Trump commented on the issue after spending time at his golf course in Palm Beach, Florida and returning to his club at Mar-a-Lago, where he is staying over the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend.

Since news of his comment referring to “**bleep**hole countries” broke on Thursday, Trump said defensively that it was “not the language used,” although he admitted that it was “tough.”

But Durbin repeatedly accused the president of making racist comments.

“He said these hate-filled things and he said them repeatedly,” Durbin said at a press conference on Friday.

Trump spent most of the weekend blaming Democrats for failing to deliver a workable deal on DACA.

“Honestly, I don’t think the Democrats want to make a deal,” Trump said to reporters on Sunday. “I think they talk about DACA, but they don’t want to help the DACA people.”

Trump met with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy over dinner at his club to discuss the possibility of a deal, as well as a potential Democrat-led shutdown of the federal government over the issue.

“I don’t know if there is going to be a shutdown,” Trump said, before the dinner. “There shouldn’t be, because if there is our military gets hurt very badly. We cannot let our military be hurt.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/15/trump-dumps-dicky-durbin-blowing-daca-deal/

Does not this answer seem like all the others answers that come from Trump supporters every time Trump causes a problem. Blame someone else. They always forget the details like more than one person confirmed it and that proves what they post is a lie. These are the people that gave us Trump, and before him the KKK, White Nationalists, poor uneducated rural south like N FL, and parts of AL. &  GA.   The answer to them is vote out every one with an R behind their name in Nov.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 43

Unlike most people who need to make confidentially agreements if they are to come within 2 feet of dt's body, Durban is not required to do so.  Are we talking about libel laws again and how they currently tend to impede rational discussion AND legislation?

And the military?  Is the government going to shut down if there are no "DEAD" DACA people?

dt - “I think they talk about DACA, but they don’t want to help the DACA people.”

jim, if you really want to give dt some support, you could maybe explain what he means by "help the DACA people" - average age being 24.  The dems don't but he does, want to help? I don't get it, or the threat to military.

Kudos
Views