Honored Social Butterfly

Desperation of the liberal left

Imagine that old bag Pelosi and Chuckie actually trying something positive .... 

Sen. Chuck Schumer, Rep. Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic lawmakers are scheduled to speak about their new economic platform.

Their plan, "A Better Deal," is the Democrats response to President Donald Trump's criticism of Obama-era policies, as they hope to reconnect with working-class voters whose frustrations helped drive their support for Trump.

Can you believe it? have they lost their minds? When lies, hate, and intolerance fails... maybe listening to real working Americans might work? Crooked Hillary is going back in the woods. No money to be found in listening. 

From The New Deal to the Better Deal... where will this lead? 

Will truth fracture the democratic party? Can the democrats ever regain the respect from the basket of deplorables? or has that bridge burned to the ground? 

Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican President, special elections = sweep 4-0

ouch

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:
Total and complete deflection. Y'all have nada.... zilch, nothing, zero. Stuck on Trump. Record got a skip. Rinse-lather-repeat .... you need to wash that man right out of your hair. Please go have a shirley temple and chill.

A few names is all I ask.... this isn't about Trump, this is about the survival of the Democratic party. Let it go... set yourselves free, be honest with yourself, embrasse reality, get in touch with the inner you.

You party is failing. Desperation is in the air. Call a life line. The party is going down in flames. Dive-dive-dive! Who y'all got who's with the salt in their grub?

Names... just a few names. Give us someone!

Records Not Skipping - the Trump Cosa Nostra just keeps bumping into the Turn-table....................Not Important

• August 8, 1974: Nixon delivers his resignation speech in front of a nationally televised audience.
  • August 9, 1974: Nixon resigns from office. Gerald Ford becomes president.

Do The Math.......................................The Republican Dams are starting to show signs of more & more cracks - you asked for names - here's 5 for starters 

1. Graham 

2. Collins 

3. Murkowski 

4. McCain 

5. Flake 

Which of the many Republicans listed above to you see as leading the Dems out of their self created morass (the topic)?

Somehow I do not think beating the "Watergate drum" is gonna do it.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:
Total and complete deflection. Y'all have nada.... zilch, nothing, zero. Stuck on Trump. Record got a skip. Rinse-lather-repeat .... you need to wash that man right out of your hair. Please go have a shirley temple and chill.

A few names is all I ask.... this isn't about Trump, this is about the survival of the Democratic party. Let it go... set yourselves free, be honest with yourself, embrasse reality, get in touch with the inner you.

You party is failing. Desperation is in the air. Call a life line. The party is going down in flames. Dive-dive-dive! Who y'all got who's with the salt in their grub?

Records Not Skipping - the Trump Cosa Nostra just keeps bumping into the Turn-table....................Not Important

• August 8, 1974: Nixon delivers his resignation speech in front of a nationally televised audience.

Do The Math.......................................The Republican Dams are starting to show signs of more & more cracks - you asked for names - here's 5 for starters 

1. Graham 

2. Collins 

3. Murkowski 

4. McCain 

5. Flake 

Which of the many Republicans listed above to you see as leading the Dems out of their self created morass (the topic)?

Funny you should ask this right while I'm reading my morning emails 

Unlike some who can't tell the difference between - Real & Fake News & Reporters of the News - I Put My Money Where My Mouth is and Subscribe to Several Credible News Organizations................

I just got this from the NYT 

GOP Moves on.png

You see in the USA - Real Success is not usually a By-Product of Conflict..........................Democracy in the USA works best when everyone listens to each other - negotiate their differences - compromise - and then do whats best for the Greater Good for All Americans not just those on Welfare & Disability Unecessarily & not just those who get Tax Breaks and Special Legislation Unecessarily........................................

It's Time To Move On Said One GOP Senator

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

1. Graham 

2. Collins 

3. Murkowski 

4. McCain 

5. Flake 

Unlike some who can't tell the difference between - Real & Fake News & Reporters of the News - I Put My Money Where My Mouth is and Subscribe to Several Credible News Organizations................

GOP Moves on.png

You see in the USA - Real Success is not usually a By-Product of Conflict..........................Democracy in the USA works best when everyone listens to each other - negotiate their differences - compromise - and then do whats best for the Greater Good for All Americans not just those on Welfare & Disability Unecessarily & not just those who get Tax Breaks and Special Legislation Unecessarily........................................

There is nothing wrong with working together. But if you are depending on the Republican Party to lead the Democratic Party out of it's self-inflicted desperation (the topic), that can only be called pathetic.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with working together.

Yes there is - quite a lot wrong.

C2a_QivXAAAVq_n.jpg

I wouldn't work together with Putin or treasonous trump, either...

44>dolt45
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

1. Graham 

2. Collins 

3. Murkowski 

4. McCain 

5. Flake 

GOP Moves on.png

If the above isn't enough to at least make you consider Many in the GOP are rapidly tiring of the Trump Reality TV Modeled Presidency On Narcissism 

GOP Moves On One.png

I would like to bring Special Attention to the First Sentence in the Last Paragraph

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

1. Graham 

2. Collins 

3. Murkowski 

4. McCain 

5. Flake 

GOP Moves on.png

If the above isn't enough to at least make you consider Many in the GOP are rapidly tiring of the Trump Reality TV Modeled Presidency On Narcissism 

GOP Moves On One.png

I would like to bring Special Attention to the First Sentence in the Last Paragraph

How can "Reality TV Modeled Presidency On Narcissism" possibly be a factor in the desperation of the Dems (the topic)?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

1. Graham 

2. Collins 

3. Murkowski 

4. McCain 

5. Flake 

GOP Moves on.png

GOP Moves On One.png

Oh Yeah - & Then There is This HEADLINE this AM 

ADD Lamar Alexander to the Above LIST 

(CNN)Several Republican and Democrat lawmakers agree that Congress needs to prevent a collapse of the health insurance market, which could hurt millions of consumers -- and that concern has opened up some bipartisan dialogue.

Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tennessee, said the Senate health committee will hold bipartisan health care hearings on how to repair the individual market. In the House, a group of 40 lawmakers from both parties endorsed an outline of ideas aimed at making urgent fixes to Obamacare.

The step toward bipartisanship on health care comes as some Republicans consider an approach that diverges from the president's stance.

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

1. Graham 

2. Collins 

3. Murkowski 

4. McCain 

5. Flake 

GOP Moves on.png

GOP Moves On One.png

Oh Yeah - & Then There is This HEADLINE this AM 

ADD Lamar Alexander to the Above LIST 

(CNN)Several Republican and Democrat lawmakers agree that Congress needs to prevent a collapse of the health insurance market, which could hurt millions of consumers -- and that concern has opened up some bipartisan dialogue.

Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tennessee, said the Senate health committee will hold bipartisan health care hearings on how to repair the individual market. In the House, a group of 40 lawmakers from both parties endorsed an outline of ideas aimed at making urgent fixes to Obamacare.

The step toward bipartisanship on health care comes as some Republicans consider an approach that diverges from the president's stance.

You've lost me again. How can a Republican Senator holding hearings to repair the individual market possibly help the Dems out of their desperation - they are committed to socialized medicine.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sorry fishslayer 666 - sounds bogus to me.

Bob Millet, Lying for the Lord (iPhone & iPod).m4v - YouTube

Sounds too much like a CC/conservative/republican/trump supporter version of the above video.

When you have valid scientific proof - I'll be glad to listen - because after all - God created science as well as all those complex processes that science describes - didn't he?

I just listen to/appreciate/respect/admire a different portion/description of the very same world that the bible claims(without scientific proof) that God created...

I'm like the disciple Thomas - I require proof.   You should observe that Jesus most certainly did not castigate Thomas but showed him the proof.

I have always agreed with another Thomas, with the surname of Jefferson, who said, "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."

I was introduced to that thought by a Jesuit Priest who taught classes on comparative religious beliefs at the free community college.  

The fact that all the fundies were ranting and raving about a free community college class that taught Satanistic lies made each class standing room only for over five years...

Inquiring minds determined to make independent decisions for themselves...

44>dolt45
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

Is there any reasonable democrats left besides Joe Manchin? or have you forced them all, to fall on their sword? 

For One to - Fall on Their Sword...................A Few Things Have to Happen - First 

1. You or the people you support must accomplish something for you to take Responsibility or Blame for..................... 

2. Someone has to at least at one time - felt you were worthy/competent enough to be entrusted with a Sword in the First Place 

Manchin doesn;t fall into either of those categories and neither do any of the Current Leaders of the Republican Party starting with Trump.................if any of them did after failing in numerous attempts for 7 months to pass a Healthcare Bill even as they Control The Entire Federal Government - someone should step-up - take responsibility and then step-down..........................

Trump has shown on multiple occasions he cannot even explain the Basic Differences between Medicare & Medicaid 

Falling in Swords - Indeed 

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

“When you lose to somebody who has 40% popularity, you don’t blame other things — Comey, Russia — you blame yourself,” Schumer told the Washington Post.

New Reality show ? Then we have... 

Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer of New York is leading the charge after he dissed the losing Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton over the weekend.

Now he's shooting the wounded. Seems Chuckie is a bit worried and maybe sees the writing on the wall. Possibly he'll live it up a bit,  like Obama is doing.

Even so, the Democrats’ problem is less the message than the messenger. The 66-year-old Schumer, who has spent many of his 36 years in Congress tirelessly working for this Wall Street constituents and donors, is hardly convincing as a firebrand progressive.

Nor does his advocacy for the “simple folk” come across as authentic in a politician better known for his hobnobbing with royalty in the stratospheric social circles he frequents in New York’s version of Camelot. The New York Post reported Schumer’s cavorting in the Hamptons earlier this month with Kushner, Ivanka Trump, David Koch and Steven Spielberg at a party hosted by Washington Post heiress Lally Weymouth. The paper all but invited readers to pin the “hypocrite” label on him.

Chuckie is gonna do deals... he too is a master... er, um, legislator. At least the Bern is bold... you gotta give 'em that, even if he is "lost in space".  Lord help the democrratic guys and gals who are mostly newly weds and nearly deads. The face of the democrats today... 

Debbie 

Hillary 

Liz

The Bern

Chuckie 

Pelosi 

Howlin' Howie

Shot gun Joe Biden

Al Sharpton

Play ball!

Al The sky is fallin' Gore

Is there any reasonable democrats left besides Joe Manchin? or have you forced them all, to fall on their sword? 

yeah you would like manchin..whose daughter headed the company in the epipen scandal. Dem in name only 🙂

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

“When you lose to somebody who has 40% popularity, you don’t blame other things — Comey, Russia — you blame yourself,” Schumer told the Washington Post.

New Reality show ? Then we have... 

Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer of New York is leading the charge after he dissed the losing Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton over the weekend.

Now he's shooting the wounded. Seems Chuckie is a bit worried and maybe sees the writing on the wall. Possibly he'll live it up a bit,  like Obama is doing.

Even so, the Democrats’ problem is less the message than the messenger. The 66-year-old Schumer, who has spent many of his 36 years in Congress tirelessly working for this Wall Street constituents and donors, is hardly convincing as a firebrand progressive.

Nor does his advocacy for the “simple folk” come across as authentic in a politician better known for his hobnobbing with royalty in the stratospheric social circles he frequents in New York’s version of Camelot. The New York Post reported Schumer’s cavorting in the Hamptons earlier this month with Kushner, Ivanka Trump, David Koch and Steven Spielberg at a party hosted by Washington Post heiress Lally Weymouth. The paper all but invited readers to pin the “hypocrite” label on him.

Chuckie is gonna do deals... he too is a master... er, um, legislator. At least the Bern is bold... you gotta give 'em that, even if he is "lost in space".  Lord help the democrratic guys and gals who are mostly newly weds and nearly deads. The face of the democrats today... 

Debbie 

Hillary 

Liz

The Bern

Chuckie 

Pelosi 

Howlin' Howie

Shot gun Joe Biden

Al Sharpton

Play ball!

Al The sky is fallin' Gore

yeah you would like manchin..whose daughter headed the company in the epipen scandal. Dem in name only 🙂

And Manchin's daughter is related to the desperation of the Dems - how?? Do you know he is a Dem, dontcha?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Will someone tell me what the "better deal" entails? and who's gonna carry the torch for the Democratic party? Anyone?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer666 wrote:
Will someone tell me what the "better deal" entails? and who's gonna carry the torch for the Democratic party? Anyone?

After your self-identification as one who is utterly opposed to Progressivism and the Democratic Party - you want information?

Don't think so.

No hate involved - just a judiciously prudent decision.

44>dolt45
0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Fishslayer666 wrote:

After your self-identification as one who is utterly opposed to Progressivism and the Democratic Party - you want information?

Don't think so.

No hate involved - just a judiciously prudent decision.

Now way, Fish. It is a closely held secret.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

They are the faces in the news. They are leading the charge, own them. Y'all were the fertile ground for their development... after all, you judge a tree by it's fruit.

What does Joe Manchin's daughter have to do with him as a legislator? .... giant deflection.
Maybe Maxine Waters would be your choice? Give us some names, that we've heard of, that resonates with the workers of this nation. Someone real folks can get behind.

I gave you a baseball team with a reliever, you only have to give a basketball team.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer666 wrote:
They are the faces in the news. They are leading the charge, own them. Y'all were the fertile ground for their development... after all, you judge a tree by it's fruit.

What does Joe Manchin's daughter have to do with him as a legislator? .... giant deflection.
Maybe Maxine Waters would be your choice? Give us some names, that we've heard of, that resonates with the workers of this nation. Someone real folks can get behind.

I gave you a baseball team with a reliever, you only have to give a basketball team.

"After all, you Judge a Tree by it's Fruit"

I'm Gald you Reminded of us of that Idiom - it helps the rest of us to better understand what that little Puke Donald Jr was doing organizing a meeting of a Dozen People in Trump Tower - most of whom either currently or in the past - represented One of Americas Greatest Adversaries - Russia - and were PAID to do it...................................

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

The Trump Family Traitors breaks new ground in uncious duplicity by relatives of a sitting President.

NEVER before has the family of any American politician stooped to enlisting the aid of a hostile foreign Government to advance their political fortunes.

NEVER before has a sitting President defended the action of close personal aides who held secret meetings with the representitaves of a hostile foreign Government,and intimated he'd pardon them if they were found guilty of their crimes.

NEVER has a newly elected President been unable to retain his most senior staff for less than 6 months because of political infighting and personal animus.

Yep, Lemontop is sure setting records for his maladministration - no wonder he feels his time is better spent continuing his campaign rally's 6 months after the election then tending to the Nation's business.

Honored Social Butterfly

The mooch was raised in a Christian family - archetypical Italian Roman Catholic upbringing...

He's one of yours.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

The mooch was raised in a Christian family - archetypical Italian Roman Catholic upbringing...

He's one of yours.

Please help me understand to relationship between the guy's religion and the desperation of the left. Are they afraid of Catholics??

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

He's one of yours.

Please help me understand to relationship between the guy's religion and the desperation of the left. Are they afraid of Catholics??

Not necessarily.

However the existence of frogs with antlers is questioned as is the allegation of honesty in republicans/conservatives....

44>dolt45
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

He's one of yours.

Not necessarily.

However the existence of frogs with antlers is questioned as is the allegation of honesty in republicans/conservatives....

So now do you understand, rk?  Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jfpinlvn wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

He's one of yours.

Not necessarily.

So now do you understand, rk?  Smiley Frustrated

I do. We have a poster with negative opinions and no way of supporting them so he/she/it brings up a person's religion and frogs.

Honored Social Butterfly

Seems like a simple request. Apparently the answer is the master legislator and chuckie. It's gonna be a long arduous journey back to reality. Same faces, same message, same grade, same clowns. Judy Collins sang a song about this .... isn't it rich,

Send in the Clowns, there ought to be clowns.... maybe next year.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It will take a major "rethink" on their part to bounce back. They have two problems. One is that their ideology went too far left (my neoMarxist theory) and the American people were simply not ready to go that far. Secondly, they allowed the"elitists" of the left to influence them too much. Hence the "basket of deplorables", the "rubes and hicks", the "bitter clingers" comments that gave them away and pushed average people away

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

It will take a major "rethink" on their part to bounce back. They have two problems. One is that their ideology went too far left (my neoMarxist theory) and the American people were simply not ready to go that far. Secondly, they allowed the"elitists" of the left to influence them too much. Hence the "basket of deplorables", the "rubes and hicks", the "bitter clingers" comments that gave them away and pushed average people away

Remember, the full quote was "Two groups for Trump, most reasonable but some are a basket of dependables". I can find no reference to a quote about rubes and hicks yet you use quotation marks.  Who said that and when?  Alternative facts?

You will find that the neo fascists of the Republican party will continue to bend, misrepresent and create alternate facts with no thought to truth.  I give you the "neo Marxist" comments which would be more about economic factors and certainly not about the Democratic party platforms yet it makes a great bumper sticker. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Remember, the full quote was "Two groups for Trump, most reasonable but some are a basket of dependables". I can find no reference to a quote about rubes and hicks yet you use quotation marks.  Who said that and when?  Alternative facts?

One of our posters who considers herself to be part of the elite who should make the decisions for us "rubes". After all, she was a school teacher.

You will find that the neo fascists of the Republican party will continue to bend, misrepresent and create alternate facts with no thought to truth.  I give you the "neo Marxist" comments which would be more about economic factors and certainly not about the Democratic party platforms yet it makes a great bumper sticker. 

"neo Fascists" again. Would you care to discuss your theory?? I have certainly given everyone the opportunity to discuss my neoMarxist theory - and chapter II is coming.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

RK  his Neo Fascist label  is probably as good or bad as your New Marxist one. probabley both have really no good  interprestation. They are invented labels.

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png