Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Derek Newton ............ Trump Supporter Loyalty Explained

Message 1 of 8

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I'd like to see Newton's data. I know he didn't speak to me and I know he is not expressing my views. I certainly know that I am not a "flat earth" proponent. But, no matter, that is the sort of silliness that some post to hide their lack of ability to discuss the issues.

The article is the topic

I assume you meant to say, "The opinion piece is the topic". And whose opinion does it express? And, again, I am Conservative but not a "flat earther".

The issue is the trump supporters he describes
and the reasons they blindly support trump regardless of the incessant lying, broken promises, doing the opposite of what he claims and on and on and on and on. They accept the lies, broken promises, the irresponsibility and never ever criticize trump.

It isn't blindly accepting. It is a case of seeing a guy doing the best he can within the real world of DC and the artificial world of the "Resistance" (created by the left) to fulfill his promises. 

I have to ask if you read the entire article?

Yes - amusing.

And with a little humor ............. didn't ya' see yourself in there ???????  If not ...... FOCUS

No. But I did see the cult of hatred in there. The "communion" concept is seen, for example" in calling everyone of a differing political ideology "alt-right" even though there is absolutely no connection - it's that blind belief thing leading to blind hatred. It can be seen in the "logic"(?) of approaching political discussion from the perspective of "trump sucks" or "the idiot in the WH" or assuming anyone not in agreement with the "Resistance" is "ignoble" or an uninformed country bumpkin.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@rk9152 wrote:

I'd like to see Newton's data. I know he didn't speak to me and I know he is not expressing my views. I certainly know that I am not a "flat earth" proponent. But, no matter, that is the sort of silliness that some post to hide their lack of ability to discuss the issues.

The article is the topic

The issue is the trump supporters he describes
and the reasons they blindly support trump regardless of the incessant lying, broken promises, doing the opposite of what he claims and on and on and on and on. They accept the lies, broken promises, the irresponsibility and never ever criticize trump.

I have to ask if you read the entire article?

And with a little humor ............. didn't ya' see yourself in there ???????  If not ...... FOCUS

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

ChasKy53: "they are creatures of a group psychology dynamic more commonly seen in religious and fraternal organizations".

No kidding. It's a cult of personality. They love Trump because he's just like them & they are just like him. They're getting to watch someone do as they would do if they only had the power. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I have been puzzled how trump supporters can keep supporting a man who has broken so many promises, has lied at record numbers, has done the opposite of what he promised as in his tax plan, and has smugly claimed how well he is doing while his approval rating remains so low while our allies and the entire world except for Russia and Netanyahu has lost total confidence in America.

This article explains the reason very well IMO, and makes sense of such an insensible phenomenon.

Trump is very much like many of his supporters....bigots, womanizers, racists, greedy, insensitive, speak like him.....   I could go on.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

And yet those people show up here, continuing to try and sell snake oil  and their 'earth is flat" nonsense.    It never ceases to amaze me that they refuse to even consider reality. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

I have been puzzled how trump supporters can keep supporting a man who has broken so many promises, has lied at record numbers, has done the opposite of what he promised as in his tax plan, and has smugly claimed how well he is doing while his approval rating remains so low while our allies and the entire world except for Russia and Netanyahu has lost total confidence in America.

This article explains the reason very well IMO, and makes sense of such an insensible phenomenon.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Derek Newton ............ Trump Supporter Loyalty Explained

Message 8 of 8

Derek Newton Trump's core supporters won't reject him. It would mean rejecting their own values.

His voters never wanted him to keep his promises. They wanted someone who would believe in making them at all.

Feb.11.2018 / 3:37 AM

By Derek Newton

Political experience and logic tell us that, at some point, Donald Trump's supporters should become overwhelmed by the mounting evidence of his failures and broken promises — as Steve Bannon reportedly was over the inclusion of a path to citizenship for DREAMers in the State of the Union — and retreat.

But the back of the Trump base is not likely to break any time soon, because Trump’s supporters aren’t beholden to politics or logic. Instead, they are creatures of a group psychology dynamic more commonly seen in religious and fraternal organizations.

In the “communion mode” authority structure, described by Andrew Gray, people's recognition of legitimate authority is "based on an appeal to common values and creeds."

Much more at LINK:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-core-supporters-won-t-reject-him-it-would-ncna846456

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors