Honored Social Butterfly

Der Trumper LIES about Boy Scout's support.

Der Trumper claimed he got calls from the leadership of the BSA telling him his speech to the Socuts at the National Jamboree was the best ever present to the Scouts.

Unfortunately for Lemontop, the Leadership of the BSA has committed to being Trustworthy, and 11 other good things, so they told the TRUTH, namely that no such statement was ever made or ever would be.

How pathetic is it when the POTUS has to LIE about his campaign speech to 40,000 11 to 18-year-old young men?

How disgusting is it for his followers to attack the BSA for being Trustworthy?

How insane is it for us to continue to be "led" by a lying sack of stuff?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Years ago, during the era of McCarthy and Nixon and all those kooks, I thought of what would best describe the seemingly monolithic religious/political/economic mind-set of the radical right.  It was obvious to me that in some cases they were irrational....., but not all. A few who took that tack did deal in incontrovertible fact and that made their arguments a bit more credible.  Somehow, though,  that fact got used in convoluted ways to arrive at conclusions that simply did not make sense. 

Obviously some were highly intelligent.  I mean, they wrote books, had radio and tv programs, got paid the big bucks.  You just can't say someone like that is dumb. Their mental health did seem iffy.  Not being able to interview them all, I couldn't tell for sure.  They did seem dedicated to ridding the world of all who disagreed with their proclamations, however, and insisted it was 'their way or the highway' and 'there ain't no other way'.  So, I said to myself, "self...that's 'non-rational'.  It did seem to cover the bases....so to speak.....without going over-board about it.

Now....I don't own the term "non-rational".   Use it whenever, wherever, whyever and for whoever you seem to think it fits.  Just remember it doesn't do much good to try and convince those folks of much of anything at all.  It's a matter of 'Belief", you see?  You're welcome. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Of course Trump lies all of the time. Perhaps he is taking a 17 day vacation to remember the hundreds of  lies that he has told?  Nah !!!!!!!!

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

ChasKy-- trump will have a bit more leisure time while on vacation, which will give him more time to make up even more fantasies, which in his own mind, are absolute truths!  What  a sicko! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

It is all that he knows.    6+months in and he still can't speak honestly.  It is sounding more and more pathological.     The WSJ interview again reveals that he AND his minions / children have to constantly provide positive strokes to his ego.   Really bizarre.  

WSJ: We were in West Virginia yesterday.

TRUMP: Oh, you did? Was that a scene, though? Huh?

WSJ: That was a scene, yes. (Laughter.)

TRUMP: Biggest crowd they’ve ever had. What did you think?

WSJ: I thought it was an interesting speech in the context of the Boy Scouts.

TRUMP: Right.

WSJ: They seemed to get a lot of feedback from former scouts and –

TRUMP: Did they like it?

WSJ: It seemed mixed.

TRUMP: They loved it. [Laughter.] It wasn’t — it was no mix. That was a standing –

WSJ: In the — you got a good — you got a good reaction in –

TRUMP: I mean, you know, he writes mostly negative stuff. But that was a standing ovation –

WSJ: You got a good reaction inside the arena, that’s right.

TRUMP: ... from the time I walked out on the stage — because I know. And by the way, I’d be the first to admit mixed. I’m a guy that will tell you mixed. There was no mix there. That was a standing ovation from the time I walked out to the time I left, and for five minutes after I had already gone. There was no mix.

WSJ: Yeah, there was a lot of supporters in the arena.

TRUMP: And I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful. So there was — there was no mix.

BAKER: Sir, can I ask you about taxes?

Sister Sarah - gee, calling it a lie is "really harsh".

She is treating him like he is a 5 year..he is not ready for reality and she his protector/ nanny.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Of course trump lies.

Fact checking for the six months of his term reveals that approximately two of every three things he says are untrue - either partially untrue or wholly untrue.

He breathes - he lies...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker--Yup, his developmental age is that of a five year old.  Five year olds lie, seemingly having no realization how transparent are their lies, or that these lies could get them in trouble.  Five year olds also need endless attention, they have no ability to read reactions--pro or con of others. trump is a prime example of this.

BTW, why is a fool who probably will be impeached and convicted before he finishes his first year in office, wasting tax payer money running around the country like a total idiot having campaign rallies??  Answer--FIVE YEAR OLDS NEED THE ATTENTION, AND HAVE NO CONCEPT OF REALITY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEIR CHILDISH FANTASIES TELL THEM TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE.

TRUMP IS AN IDIOT! IMPEACH THE IDIOT, NOW!!

Honored Social Butterfly

I suggest we leave the POTUS in office so we can take back the Congress in 2018 and Lemontop has has no chance to be re-elected.

His supporters are so besotted they've got someone dumber and more bigoted than they are in the White House, he really could shoot someone on 5th Avenue NY and they'd still support him.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

I suggest we leave the POTUS in office so we can take back the Congress in 2018 and Lemontop has has no chance to be re-elected.

His supporters are so besotted they've got someone dumber and more bigoted than they are in the White House, he really could shoot someone on 5th Avenue NY and they'd still support him.

Interestingly, that may be exactly what happens.   After the release of Donald's conversations with Mexico and Australian heads of State, every other Head of State around the Globe read that information as well.    Pence just returned from a global PR trip to assure those same people that the US was not a threat to them.      They just learned that Pence lies almost as well but certainly  as much Donald.     Pence also carries the additional weight of the Dominionist / theocratic nation  into the WH.      Both need to go...after 2018.     

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher@Olderscout66-- good points all!  Every day this administration, and those Republican representatives who support, it prove that they are not there for the American people, but there for their own glory.  More and more Americans are aware that they are being hurt by the Republican Party, and, sadly for some, by a man who lied to them to get their vote and then abandoned them.

Can't wait until people with compassion and understanding of the issues and those unlike themselves are back in power. Can't wait till people who seem to be able to think clearly are back in power, can't wait til people who know it harms this country to denigrate our intelligence agencies, the judical system, and credible free press are back in power, and most of all, I can't wait till this disgraceful poor excuse  for a president is out of office. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png