Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
344
Views

Re: Dependency

344 Views
Message 51 of 106

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

 The original post shows just what greedy, hateful, and crooked people from the alt right truly are. Disgraceful liars, who will twist the words of former great leaders to try to make others believe the same propagandist garbage that they are fed and swallow whole. 

Would you care to be a bit more specific regarding the "twisting" you saw in post #1? Although your stalker seemed to like it as is.

 

 If one doesn’t believe in evolution, one must only look to trump  supporters to see how totally unevolved they are socially, emotionally, and as humanitarians,  to know that evolution is real, and that these people have not yet evolved.  In fact, they have a long way to go.

What are you talking about? Or are you just (as per usual) insulting when you have no real thoughts to share?

 

For the extremely uninformed – – there is a difference between generational dependency and situational need. But of course, it seems some are too ignorant  to know the difference.

Correct. FDR sought to solve the second, LBJ created the first. Who are those ignorant people who do not know the difference?

 

Gee, I miss having a real president!


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
344
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
349
Views

Re: Dependency

349 Views
Message 52 of 106

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:


 

I see. And so calling people names motivates them how, exactly? Does calling people names not add to the "damaging effects of dependency on people" or is "welfare queen" suddenly a term of endearment.

 

My point was simply about dependency having a negative effect on people. As to the "welfare queen" - you'll have to talk to the poster that introduced it to the discussion. To me, it is unrelated to FDR's point.

 

 


 


The FDR quote you cited included his point of:

 

 "We must preserve not only the bodies of the unemployed from destitution but also their self-respect, their self-reliance, and courage and determination."

 

I'd just like to know why calling people names who need assistance isn't part of your concern about the "damaging effects of dependency on people". The "negative effect" you claim to be so worried about is absolutely compounded when society berates those that need help. Robert MacDonald's "Name and Shame" idea is wholly counter to FDR's self-respect preservation.

 

No one that I know of berates the unemployed when there is no job for them. FDR's idea was to create the jobs for people. Nor have I seen anyone here praising the Mayor of Lewiston Maine. How did he even get into this discussion? 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
349
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
383
Views

Re: Dependency

383 Views
Message 53 of 106

RK—You wrote-“There is a vast difference between a working person needing help and a non working person needing help.

 

A few thoughts:

 1.) Key word used by you —NEEDING

 

2.) Do you assume that all unemployed are unemployed by choice? 

 

3. Are not people in situational need just as valuable  as those who are the working poor?

 

4.) Are not all people valuable on some level? 

 

5.) What are you personally doing to remedy a situation in which millions of people—children amongst them—go to bed hungry on a daily basis?

 

 

Gee, I miss having a real president! 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
383
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
394
Views

Re: Dependency

394 Views
Message 54 of 106

 


@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:


Do you not realize most here are not inclined to agree with you about anything? you love that quote " thats not the topic" but, if anyone agrees with you, you change the topic. Just like Trump.

 

PNG


i do. and there is won who can't handle the logic and resorts to PNG


NCM 

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
394
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
407
Views

Re: Dependency

407 Views
Message 55 of 106

 The original post shows just what greedy, hateful, and crooked people from the alt right truly are. Disgraceful liars, who will twist the words of former great leaders to try to make others believe the same propagandist garbage that they are fed and swallow whole. 

 

 If one doesn’t believe in evolution, one must only look to trump  supporters to see how totally unevolved they are socially, emotionally, and as humanitarians,  to know that evolution is real, and that these people have not yet evolved.  In fact, they have a long way to go.

 

For the extremely uninformed – – there is a difference between generational dependency and situational need. But of course, it seems some are too ignorant  to know the difference.

 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
407
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
414
Views

Re: Dependency

414 Views
Message 56 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:


 

I see. And so calling people names motivates them how, exactly? Does calling people names not add to the "damaging effects of dependency on people" or is "welfare queen" suddenly a term of endearment.

 

My point was simply about dependency having a negative effect on people. As to the "welfare queen" - you'll have to talk to the poster that introduced it to the discussion. To me, it is unrelated to FDR's point.

 

 


 


The FDR quote you cited included his point of:

 

 "We must preserve not only the bodies of the unemployed from destitution but also their self-respect, their self-reliance, and courage and determination."

 

I'd just like to know why calling people names who need assistance isn't part of your concern about the "damaging effects of dependency on people". The "negative effect" you claim to be so worried about is absolutely compounded when society berates those that need help. Robert MacDonald's "Name and Shame" idea is wholly counter to FDR's self-respect preservation.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
4
Kudos
414
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
404
Views

Re: Dependency

404 Views
Message 57 of 106

@MIseker wrote:


Do you not realize most here are not inclined to agree with you about anything? you love that quote " thats not the topic" but, if anyone agrees with you, you change the topic. Just like Trump.

 

PNG


i do. and there is won who can't handle the logic and resorts to PNG

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
404
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
409
Views

Re: Dependency

409 Views
Message 58 of 106

@MIseker wrote:

 

PNG

 

as usual - when the logic becomes two much to handle - out comes PNG


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
409
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
411
Views

Re: Dependency

411 Views
Message 59 of 106

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 We must preserve not only the bodies of the unemployed from destitution but also their self-respect, their self-reliance, and courage and determination.

 

FDR January 4, 1935


In other words, if people find themselves depending on others to preserve their bodies, then it probably is a bad idea to belittle them for it because it is discouraging. Words for the GOP (who coined the term welfare queen) to live by.

 

Yes, and he suggested that work and self-sufficiency gave pride and dignity. The so called "Welfare Queens" did not work.  

 

 


 The republican welfare queen was a made up lie. Republicans have been suckers for such a long time.

 


are you saying that no one can work but plays the system instead? 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
411
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
412
Views

Re: Dependency

412 Views
Message 60 of 106

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

As usual, the RWNJs love to quote just enough of a speech to give you the impression that the speaker was supporting their views.  That is why there was no link provided.  The full document shows that FDR was pushing for safety nets and that the states take over the dole, not that it be eliminated. 

 

Never trust a conservative. They give you people like Trump. 

 

 

 

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=14890


Did you not see the part about the damaging effects of dependency?


yes, and we also see you defineing the terms of debate to suport your mischaracterization. That is part of your MO. PNG

 


i have not been defineing anything. i am posting the words of fdr - is he PNG now too?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
412
Views