Honored Social Butterfly

Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

Deny, divert, discredit: Trump turns to his scandal playbook once again.
Analysis: The president has a canned approach for trying to fend off bad news. This time, it's a whistleblower report.
Image: President Trump Delivers State Of The Union Address To Joint Session Of Congress
President Donald Trump walks through the doors to the House Chamber to deliver the State of the Union address in the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives on Feb. 5, 2019.Doug Mills / Pool via Getty Images file

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Super Contributor

@sp362 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

you don't like the message you call it a conspiracy.....oldest trick in the book.....yawn****

Where's the money?  Don't you think the American people would like to know what happened to all the money that got sent to Ukraine?  Oh no, guess that would be a conspiracy, so it couldn't have happened.

No, it is called a "conspiracy theory" because of the articles you have chosen to use as your proof.  Glenn Beck should never be used as a primary source.  Just because Beck writes something on a board does not make it true.  The article that you attached from 2017 would mean that we need to believe Sarah Sanders. 

Or that you would believe Chalupa....this is your argument?  You don't like someone so you don't believe them?  Would it really have been this easy for me to win an argument? Just say I don't believe them?  LOL

Chalupa has denied any of this is true, again somebody trying to make facts to fit their own narrative. 

Her, or Beck?  You know that could go either way.

As far as wanting to know what happened to all the money that went to the Ukraine, how did Trump's phone call delve into any of that?  And yes, a conspiracy theory is usually so weak, convoluted and lacking in basic evidence that it can be thrown out as soon it is put forward.

Unless it's true....just because it's been labeled a conspiracy theory to discredit it, doesn't mean it isn't true....

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

you don't like the message you call it a conspiracy.....oldest trick in the book.....yawn****

We know.....we hear it every day from trump as his stooge, Guiliani......  Might be time to wake up!

Where's the money?  Don't you think the American people would like to know what happened to all the money that got sent to Ukraine?  Oh no, guess that would be a conspiracy, so it couldn't have happened.  Check his tax returns......it should be clear.....There is a reason Beck isn't on Fox any longer.....

Glenn Beck is a hack....and he and the company he founded, is rated FAR, FAR Right-wing Conservative....one of the first supporters of the Tea Bagging Party.....He started the ever objective (LMAO) Blaze...

The Blaze - Right BiasRIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate The Blaze strongly Right Biased based on story selection that almost always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to a few failed a check and loaded emotional headlines.

Analysis / Bias

In review, The Blaze reports news with a far right bias that utilizes strong loaded words such as: New Jersey Democrats propose gerrymandering plan that would give them a permanent majority. This story, as an example, is sourced properly to credible mainstream media outlets. Story selection almost always favors the right on The Blaze and there is a heavy Christian bias as well.

Again, The Blaze typically sources information appropriately, but is selective in the stories they run and how they are presented to favor the right. 

A factual search reveals two failed fact check directly attributed to The Blaze, here and here. However, the founder of The Blaze, Glenn Beck, has an abysmal track record with 6 Pants on Fire claims from Politifact alone. Since The Blaze is run by Mercury, and not directly by Glenn Beck and his poor record with facts, we will rate The Blaze based on this one failed fact check.

Overall, we rate The Blaze strongly Right Biased based on story selection that almost always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to a few failed a checks and loaded emotional headlines.  (7/19/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 5/30/2019)

Source: https://www.theblaze.com/ who spews conspiracy theory's like Hillary's involvement in a child traffi...

It's pathetically sad that what appears to be a reasonably sound adult who spews unfounded and BOGUS conspiracy theories like Hillary was involved in a child trafficing scheme and only uses Fox and Youtube as their news sources, per their own admission, chooses NOT to think objectively.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Super Contributor

It's pathetically sad that what appears to be a reasonably sound adult who spews unfounded and BOGUS conspiracy theories like Hillary was involved in a child trafficing scheme and only uses Fox and Youtube as their news sources, per their own admission, chooses NOT to think objectively.

If it's true, then I'm hardly alone in this, the lefties on this board are exactly the same.  You don't like what Beck says so you try to discredit him by calling him a right wing conspiracy theorist.  So sad. 

Where's the money?  Can't answer that, can you?  Lost on Obamas/Bidens watch...so lame to try to say DT has it...roflmao

Keep deflecting though, it's worth a try

Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

It's pathetically sad that what appears to be a reasonably sound adult who spews unfounded and BOGUS conspiracy theories like Hillary was involved in a child trafficking scheme and only uses Fox and Youtube as their news sources, per their own admission, chooses NOT to think objectively.

If it's true, then I'm hardly alone in this, Has anyone suggested you were?  Where you are alone is jumping into a discusssion and ranting about 
the Left" and providing zero facts.  Where you are alone is providing NOTHING but ad hominen attacks when you posted:

1.  I still think the left is unhinged,and then claimed you don't make sweeping comments about others;

2. even Whoopi Goldberg chastisted those two people from Will and Grace for wanting a list of people who were attending a Trump rally. Huh?  A Liberal criticizing another Liberal...oh my  How objective....  "Even Whoopi...."  I'm still LMAO.  

3.  "good grief", there was no Russiangate.  That's been proven to be false....If you TOTALLY ignore the 2nd part of the Mueller Report, there is a "bit" of truth to that comment.....but only if one ignore 50% of the issue...

4.  what about Hilary thwarting Bernie's attempt to run the last time?  What did Hillary specifically do to thwart Bernie?  You are blaming the wrong person/entity.....

5.  Where is the liberal outrage over that?

Why would you ask such an uninformed question without knowing what many Liberals said/posted here in this forum?  There was plenty of "outrage".  Would would you suggest otherwise with knowing?

6.  The destroyed e-mails? Again, odd question given you have no knowledge of what "Liberals" have posted about that topic.  Just more ad hominem attacks?

7. The child trafficking one of her friend's got caught doing? To date, your claim is STILL bogus.  Why do YOU post these conspiracy theories and blame Democrats for doing the same?

7.  The left is completely out of control."  With all due respect, your uninformed comments, which you "completely stand by", is "completely out of control".  

the lefties on this board are exactly the same.  Really?  In what way.....I see the "lefties", as you call them, providing you links and references to actual facts, not just making uninformed ad hominem attacks.''  But it sure easy to just attack others....

You don't like what Beck says so you try to discredit him by calling him a right wing conspiracy theorist.  So sad.  I could care less what Beck says, personally.  I do point out he has a long history of far-right wing conspiracy theories, just as you've posted here as well.  I've listened to Beck off and on for 5 or 6 years and found him to be a fear-mongerer....whatever floats your boat.  And he's gotten quite wealthy stoking that fear.....wanna buy some gold?  LOL 

Where's the money?  Can't answer that, can you?  Who's job is it to track it?  Some hack who makes false claims?  The IRS?  Lost on Obamas/Bidens watch...so lame to try to say DT has it...actually, what's "lame" is suggesting anyone suggested such nonsense....roflmao...careful, you might get hurt down there looking for facts...

Keep deflecting though, it's worth a try  no need to deflect...haven't seen a verifiable fact yet...think China should be investigating Biden too?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

Keep deflecting though, it's worth a try  no need to deflect...haven't seen a verifiable fact yet...think China should be investigating Biden too?

Good point Centrist.  Trump has also asked China to launch an investigation, asking yet another country who he claims to be our enemy, assisting him in getting elected again.  Ya' just can't make this stuff up.

How about it  Sierra Winds, ya' want to deny and distract from that too?

Recognized Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

If it's true, then I'm hardly alone in this, the lefties on this board are exactly the same.  You don't like what Beck says so you try to discredit him by calling him a right wing conspiracy theorist.  So sad. 

Where's the money?  Can't answer that, can you?  Lost on Obamas/Bidens watch...so lame to try to say DT has it...roflmao

Because Beck has abysmal record on telling the truth and should never be used as a primary source.  What are his qualifications for even being a journalist.  He has made a very good living by making up outrageous stories (conspiracy theories).  Why should we believe anything he has to say from his past track record?

There is absolutely no deflection in saying he is NOT a valid source of information.  There IS a deflection in trying to use him to prove a point.

If you are implying that the money was lost to corruption, then provide a valid source.

Super Contributor

@sp362 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

Because Beck has abysmal record on telling the truth and should never be used as a primary source.  What are his qualifications for even being a journalist.  He has made a very good living by making up outrageous stories (conspiracy theories).  Why should we believe anything he has to say from his past track record?

I don't think he's had an abysmal record on telling the truth.  Why should we believe any of these **bleep**holes if that is your argument?

There is absolutely no deflection in saying he is NOT a valid source of information.  There IS a deflection in trying to use him to prove a point.

If you are implying that the money was lost to corruption, then provide a valid source.

Oh, you are so precious.....I hope you're kidding....if it wasn't lost to corruption, then you really believe they "lost it"?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

I don't think he's had an abysmal record on telling the truth.  That's the problem.....you choose to believe him without checking your sources.  Do you believe him because you WANT to believe what he say's?  Snake oil was popular at one time as well

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

if you didn't even watch the video Beck did then there is no point discussing it

I did watch the video.  Clown show.

"TRUMP MADE A PHONE CALL! - the end."  Shows over.

Were you disappointed Beck (the entertainer) had nothing at all to say about THAT?

Did you send him money?

Was the investigative reporter correct about Manafort & Russia?

Of course she was.  Otherwise Manafort might be in a Cabinet position right now Making America Great rather than just another criminal inmate in prison. 

How in the heck...and why did dt put him at the helm of his campaign hmm?

Lastly, why do you think the Obama administration put time, effort and money into helping Ukraine?

Anything to discuss?

Keeping in mind, Manafort is just one of the many criminals spawned from dt's organization.

If it walks like a duck......

Super Contributor

Biden was the one who was going to withhold money to the Ukrainians.....you people are unbelievable, read it here:

https://www.axios.com/joe-hunter-biden-ukraine-corruption-trump-1b031c30-3173-4a45-a6a7-2e551759063c...

The then-vice president did tell Ukrainian leaders they had to fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to get $1 billion in U.S. aid, according to a version of the story Biden himself told in 2018.

So is it bad or good?  If Biden does it, apparently it isn't corrupt, but when DT is ACCUSED of doing it, then it's arm twisting......I'm sick of arguing with a bunch of hypocrites as you all have accused me of being.  Leave me out of all this, please. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

Biden was the one who was going to withhold money to the Ukrainians.....you people are unbelievable, read it here:

https://www.axios.com/joe-hunter-biden-ukraine-corruption-trump-1b031c30-3173-4a45-a6a7-2e551759063c...

The then-vice president did tell Ukrainian leaders they had to fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to get $1 billion in U.S. aid, according to a version of the story Biden himself told in 2018.

So is it bad or good?  If Biden does it, apparently it isn't corrupt, but when DT is ACCUSED of doing it, then it's arm twisting......I'm sick of arguing with a bunch of hypocrites as you all have accused me of being.  Leave me out of all this, please. 

I  will try and cover this subject as to really happened. They are 2 different subjects and they have no inter lock.

1. The one you are talking about happened when Obama was President, and Biden VP. There was a major corruption problem in Ukraine and as the article says Europe, and other countries were after Ukraine to clean it up and their prosecutor was at the heart of it. This is covered in the article. Biden was the point person so named by Obama and was working for the US Government not free lancing. What he told them was the position of the US govt. not his own. There was an investigation of all the Bidens some time ago and it was found they did nothing wrong. That is covered in the article in detail. Read your support article again and you will see what I tell you is true. Biden did nothing wrong.

2. The current problem comes from Trump free lancing for his own gain, and to support Russia desire to get sanctions lifted totally by the US and Europe. Trump is using Rudy J as his main point person on this. Rudy is not part of the US Government and has no business doing it. The State Dept. should be taking the lead. They are not. Rudy has been talking to Paul M and getting his help from his jail cell through his lawyers. Rudy put together a long list of false claims which are the base of this. An example is Ukraine is now the one who interfered in our 2016 elections. This is what Russia wanted. Trump heard the false story about cloudcroft who worked on the Clinton E mails, and a story it had that server in Ukraine. That is proven false. Trump or Rudy came up with the idea that Ukraine could get or make some dirt up about Biden that would help him win in 2020 by using the story I covered in 1. Trump never tells the truth. The military aid money was approved by Congress in the budget for this year. Trump held up the money going to Ukraine and then the Rudy or Trump plan was put into play. Rudy made a number of trips to the Ukraine as the new President there took office. He talked to a number of people there about starting such a probe of Biden to help Trump in 2020. This was a mob type operation and all on both sides new it. Trump from what I hear followed up with the President after the President said they were ready to buy the missiles from the US if they got the aid money. Trump then said I need you to do ME a favor and went into the Biden probe he wanted for 2020. The mob in action and all new it. The money was released when this started to blow up and Congress was looking into it. People handling the loan were ready to be called before Congress and questioned under oath. Things went from bad to worse for Trump.

I hope this clears up your how you look at this. Biden did nothing wrong. Trump was a Mob Boss working for himself and Russia not the USA.

Super Contributor

John:  thank you for your thoughtful and detailed explanation.

@john258 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

I  will try and cover this subject as to really happened. They are 2 different subjects and they have no inter lock.

1. The one you are talking about happened when Obama was President, and Biden VP. There was a major corruption problem in Ukraine and as the article says Europe, and other countries were after Ukraine to clean it up and their prosecutor was at the heart of it. This is covered in the article. Biden was the point person so named by Obama and was working for the US Government not free lancing. What he told them was the position of the US govt. not his own. There was an investigation of all the Bidens some time ago and it was found they did nothing wrong. That is covered in the article in detail. Read your support article again and you will see what I tell you is true. Biden did nothing wrong.

Trump told Zelensky that Biden stopped the prosecution, from the transcript is the following:  "There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me. "                   Is this true that Biden stopped the prosecution?

Someone asked me where Zelensky asked the US for help:  "I (Zelensky) would kindly ask you if you have any additional information that you can provide to us, it would be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador to the United States from Ukraine " https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/25/trump-releases-transcript-call-ukraine-presi...

Trump asks Zelensky for help with Crowdstrike:  "I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it."  It seems to me like he is asking for help investigating Russian hacking since Crowdstrike determined  the hackers were working "for the benefit of the government of the Russian Federation and are believed to be closely linked to the Russian government’s powerful and highly capable intelligence services.” https://fortune.com/2019/09/25/what-is-crowdstrike-trump-ukraine-call-transcript-memo

So, he didn't ask for help solely about Biden, his first request was about Crowdstrike.  I've re-read the transcript, and nothing in it sounds like he is twisting Zelensky's arm to get help.  They are both congratulating each other and asking each other for help. 

Anyway, I'm done discussing this topic on this board, I don't want to continue to keep arguing over it.  Believe whatever you all want to think and I'll do the same.  You think I'm wrong and I think you all are wrong.

I appreciate your taking the time to explain the situation to me John and provide more detail.  I do see how Biden didn't do anything wrong in the sense that he was acting, openly, on behalf of the US government, so that did clear all that up for me.

Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

John:  thank you for your thoughtful and detailed explanation.

@john258 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

Trump told Zelensky that Biden stopped the prosecution, from the transcript is the following:  "There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me. "                   Is this true that Biden stopped the prosecution?    (not true except in Trumps mind)

Someone asked me where Zelensky asked the US for help:  "I (Zelensky) would kindly ask you if you have any additional information that you can provide to us, it would be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador to the United States from Ukraine " https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/25/trump-releases-transcript-call-ukraine-presi...

helping Ukraine was an effort of the US and NATO after Russia invaded them some years ago. Z never asked for help as the help was already approved. Congress  put the money in the 2019 Foreign Aid budget. Trump held it up and lied to Congress and the press why he held it up. He held it up to get a favor  for his election. Our Ambassador was recalled after Trump went after her. She was honest and Trump new she had to go for his plans to work.

Trump asks Zelensky for help with Crowdstrike:  "I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it."  It seems to me like he is asking for help investigating Russian hacking since Crowdstrike determined  the hackers were working "for the benefit of the government of the Russian Federation and are believed to be closely linked to the Russian government’s powerful and highly capable intelligence services.” https://fortune.com/2019/09/25/what-is-crowdstrike-trump-ukraine-call-transcript-memo

(The server is not in Ukraine. This was made up by Trump and Rudy. This was to be part of the deal showing Ukraine not Russia hacked our 2016 election which is not true.

So, he didn't ask for help solely about Biden, his first request was about Crowdstrike.  I've re-read the transcript, and nothing in it sounds like he is twisting Zelensky's arm to get help.  They are both congratulating each other and asking each other for help. 

(You have to look at all of the meetings. All knew that Trump was going to ask for a favor. That is the mob in action.  You are seeing how the mob boss works.

Anyway, I'm done discussing this topic on this board, I don't want to continue to keep arguing over it.  Believe whatever you all want to think and I'll do the same.  You think I'm wrong and I think you all are wrong.

I appreciate your taking the time to explain the situation to me John and provide more detail.  I do see how Biden didn't do anything wrong in the sense that he was acting, openly, on behalf of the US government, so that did clear all that up for me.

The one truth here is that Trump is a mob boss and has a lot of lackeys serving him in Govt. All of them are breaking rules, and laws, and destroying this country. It will take years to un do what they have done. As Michael Cohen told us Trump will not leave office on his own, and Michael Cohen was Trumps mob lawyer. We need to save this country and that is done by making sure Trump looses in 2020 if he is still in Office.

Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

Biden was the one who was going to withhold money to the Ukrainians....yep....that would be true....under the direction of Obama,  Trump also did the same.....earlier this year..you people are unbelievable, read it here:  You may be the "unbelievable" one if you think both can't be true.  Are you ready to claim trump didn't withhold the money???

The then-vice president did tell Ukrainian leaders they had to fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to get $1 billion in U.S. aid, according to a version of the story Biden himself told in 2018.  Yep.  So?  What does that have to do with what trump said/did?

So is it bad or good?  If Biden does it, apparently it isn't corrupt, No, when Biden did it it was under the direction of the IS government.....when trump did it he wanted dirt on a political opponent.  Can you see the difference yet?  but when DT is ACCUSED of doing it, then it's arm twisting...to get dirt on a political opponent.....you might think he would have learned better after the Mueller investigation.....which you STILL haven't commented yet on the obstruction matter.......you admit something is up that he won't release his taxes.....yet are silent with him burying info on the Russian meddeling and the investigation,,,  Now that's funny.....

charles-did-what.jpg

...I'm sick of arguing with a bunch of hypocrites as you all have accused me of being.  Leave me out of all this, please.  Sure....but it was YOU who jumped in with your lame attack on others and your lame claim that Clinton was linked to child trafficking which you STILL haven't substantiated.  Does hypocrite fit there as well?

It appears you aren't very tolerant of those with opposing views....you admitted you were bigoted in "some areas"..maybe you're more bigoted in more area's than you realize/willing to admit.....

Bigot - intolerance to those with differing opinions/views.. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 9.38.08 AM.png

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

Deny, Divert, Discredit ............. just as the topic title says.

Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

And neither Joe OR Hunter were accused of cheating......

The Serial Golf Cheat in the White House

I'm not surprised who follows a defender of White Supremacists on Twitter.....are you?

Honored Social Butterfly

Top Republicans, Donald J. Trump included, spread the word that deep state actors changed the rules for whistleblowers right before the complaint that triggered an impeachment inquiry.      THAT IS FALSE  . The rules haven't changed since 2014. Some forms changed, but nothing else.

Aaron Burr’s Notorious Treason case will be nothing compared to Trump's.

Honored Social Butterfly

Well there sure has been a lot of examples of distraction from trump. Seems trump supporters use the same tactics as trump does. ROFLMAO !!!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Catherine, Russia is no longer a communist country, so you were right to ask that question. However, they still have a form of a dictatorship in Vladimir, who was very upset by the powerful sanctions President Obama placed on his fellow oligarchs. Vladimir saw Hillary as someone who would continue to impose and/or support strong sanctions against Russia. 

On the other side is Donald Trump who, other than money, has no core values. Many believe Vladimir has something he's hanging over Trump, so that he does whatever Vladimir wants. So far, that's exactly what happened. 

Super Contributor

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Catherine, Russia is no longer a communist country, so you were right to ask that question. However, they still have a form of a dictatorship in Vladimir, who was very upset by the powerful sanctions President Obama placed on his fellow oligarchs. Vladimir saw Hillary as someone who would continue to impose and/or support strong sanctions against Russia. 

On the other side is Donald Trump who, other than money, has no core values. Many believe Vladimir has something he's hanging over Trump, so that he does whatever Vladimir wants. So far, that's exactly what happened. 

Thank you for this answer, it has been very helpful.  Honestly, I completely "checked out" from politics during the Obama administration so this gets me up to speed so to speak.

Super Contributor

I guess my whole rejection of the RussiaGate idea is partly rooted in the surreality of a Communist country backing someone who is supposedly (now) far right, you all call him a fascist?  I'm pretty sure he was a Democrat until he decided to run for office.  Wouldn't they be more likely to support someone like Bernie, a socialist.  I was always taught socialism was one step away from Communism.  Doesn't that seem surreal when you think about it?  Communists supporting the far right?  But upon further reflection, I do ask myself....what are the Russians now, exactly?  Communists?  Capitalists?  Some weird blend of the two?  Can someone help me out with this?  Why would it benefit them to back DT?  Is he a fascist? a commie in disguise?  I always thought communists hated fascists, they were supposed to be the antithesis of each other.  Apparently somewhere along the way all these old definitions lost their meanings and I am not privy to what those words actually mean anymore.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

I guess my whole rejection of the RussiaGate idea is partly rooted in the surreality of a Communist country backing someone who is supposedly (now) far right, you all call him a fascist?  I'm pretty sure he was a Democrat until he decided to run for office.  Wouldn't they be more likely to support someone like Bernie, a socialist.  I was always taught socialism was one step away from Communism.  Doesn't that seem surreal when you think about it?  Communists supporting the far right?  But upon further reflection, I do ask myself....what are the Russians now, exactly?  Communists?  Capitalists?  Some weird blend of the two?  Can someone help me out with this?  Why would it benefit them to back DT?  Is he a fascist? a commie in disguise?  I always thought communists hated fascists, they were supposed to be the antithesis of each other.  Apparently somewhere along the way all these old definitions lost their meanings and I am not privy to what those words actually mean anymore.

Here are some thoughts for you. Trump was a democrat, but as always he used it for his own purposes. To move higher in NY society. Clinton's daughter was good friends with Trump first daughter. They traveled in some of the same circles, and her husband family was very close to Clinton's husbands family. I have a feeling that has changed. Trump did start to run as a 3rd party candidate for president some years ago.

Yes you have  right, and  left, and they both have one thing in common. They both can and do produce Dictators. Russia is an example. Stalin took what was a Communist country and made it a Dictatorship he just never changed the name. First time I was in the old SU we visited a State Farm and they explained how they sent their crops to the free market over the state market because they got more money that way. No matter what system you have the underlying way the people act is they want freedom, and will work for it. I saw this in China, East Germany, Soviet Union. In fact all countries I have been to. The Russians now are a dictatorship just like Trump wants to make the USA. The last time I was in Russia they were moving toward being like us. On red square you had the same stores we have. Then Putin arrived. You still have the same stores but what Putin says goes. China was the same way. The largest McDonald's is there. Now you have a form of dictatorship (Trump) style. If you look at Venezuela it whent from socialist (left) to Dictatorship.

People are people and mostly the same all over the world. They want the same things in life. We have been lucky so far as our system never put a really far right (Dictatorship) in play. That all changed in 2016 and if we do not stop it in 2020 we will have a Dictatorship under Trump which will be like Germany had under Hitler. Hitler was a mob boss really, and Trump has been a mob boss all his life. He ran his business that way, and just look at what he is doing to the Fed. government. Did you know the agriculture dept has lost 90% of it scientists due to the actions of Trump. This will hurt that section of our economy for years to come. Trump got rid of them because they would not turn out reports that agreed with what he wanted them todo. Trump and the far right are pure evil. Keep in mind this country was formed to get away from the far right (King.)

Super Contributor

@john258 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

People are people and mostly the same all over the world. They want the same things in life. We have been lucky so far as our system never put a really far right (Dictatorship) in play. That all changed in 2016 and if we do not stop it in 2020 we will have a Dictatorship under Trump which will be like Germany had under Hitler.

Just curious, how do you see that playing out?  He'd have to gain control over the military, stop elections and gain control over the population.  That's quite a way to go from what we have now.  I know it has happened in the past in other countries (as you mentioned Nazi Germancy) so it's not impossible, just curious as to how you think that could get played out.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@john258 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

First time I was in the old SU we visited a State Farm and they explained how they sent their crops to the free market over the state market because they got more money that way.

wow!  you've been to the Soviet Union, I am assuming it was when the Communists were still in charge (before the fall of the Red Curtain)?  That would have to have been fascinating.  Did you work for the government?

No matter what system you have the underlying way the people act is they want freedom, and will work for it. I saw this in China, East Germany, Soviet Union. In fact all countries I have been to.

It sounds like you have had a very interesting life.

The Russians now are a dictatorship just like Trump wants to make the USA. The last time I was in Russia they were moving toward being like us. On red square you had the same stores we have.

I know Russia has changed a LOT and as you have confirmed (?) appears to have become more capitalistic.  I knew Putin was not elected in a "real" election like we supposedly have over here, but I was never clear on how much freedom the Russians have now after the fall of communism.  I knew they weren't old style communism, and at one point I thought our countries were beginning to work towards a friendlier arrangement.  I can't give citations, etc. it is just an impression I have gotten from "somewhere" I don't know where. 

Then Putin arrived. You still have the same stores but what Putin says goes. China was the same way. The largest McDonald's is there. Now you have a form of dictatorship (Trump) style. If you look at Venezuela it whent from socialist (left) to Dictatorship.

I thought Venezuela was still socialist, Maduro was elected and my understanding is the people in that country like him.  I know there has been a lot of unrest lately but I wasn't convinced that wasn't "manufactured unrest" to try to overthrow Maduro.  I know Chavez was a socialist and vehemently against the US.  I guess I question whether he is truly a dictator, or if that is just US propaganda against him because that government doesn't like us.  I can't give citations, this is just my impression.  Maybe Maduro really is a dictator. 

People are people and mostly the same all over the world. They want the same things in life.

well, yes

We have been lucky so far as our system never put a really far right (Dictatorship) in play. That all changed in 2016 and if we do not stop it in 2020 we will have a Dictatorship under Trump which will be like Germany had under Hitler. Hitler was a mob boss really, and Trump has been a mob boss all his life.

I think DT is essentially a mob boss, but I'm still not seeing where everyone is getting the idea that Trump is going to be a dictator.  He'd have to gain control over the military, stop elections, etc.  There's a long road between here and dictatorship.  I do remember the right saying Obama was going to become a dictator as well, I didn't believe it at the time, and find it kind of amusing to hear the left parrot the same idea the right came up with back then.  If you respond to this last paragraph, please don't respond to me as if I'm a huge Trump supporter, I'm not, I just really don't see how people are getting from point A to point B on DT becoming a dictator. 

He ran his business that way, and just look at what he is doing to the Fed. government. Did you know the agriculture dept has lost 90% of it scientists due to the actions of Trump.

No, I didn't!  I would like to learn more about this.  Do you have any articles you could post links for?  I could google it, but I'm not sure how to even start on this as it is the first I've heard of it.

This will hurt that section of our economy for years to come. Trump got rid of them because they would not turn out reports that agreed with what he wanted them todo. Trump and the far right are pure evil. Keep in mind this country was formed to get away from the far right (King.)

Yes, I do remember our country was founded to escape from tyranny.  You mentioned Venezuala going from socialism to a dictatorship.  I think that is what the right fears would happen to the US.  The right sees socialist or socialist leaning candidates and fear if they get elected it would be one more step towards tyranny.  My personal opinion is man tends towards tyranny no matter what system is set up.  It is some quirk in humanity.  Whether it (the tyranny) comes in the form of a dictator or a corporatocracy, I think it is eventually inevitable.  Just my opinion.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response above you've given me a lot of food for thought in your previous posts as well.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

First time I was in the old SU we visited a State Farm and they explained how they sent their crops to the free market over the state market because they got more money that way.

wow!  you've been to the Soviet Union, I am assuming it was when the Communists were still in charge (before the fall of the Red Curtain)?  That would have to have been fascinating.  Did you work for the government?

No matter what system you have the underlying way the people act is they want freedom, and will work for it. I saw this in China, East Germany, Soviet Union. In fact all countries I have been to.

It sounds like you have had a very interesting life.

The Russians now are a dictatorship just like Trump wants to make the USA. The last time I was in Russia they were moving toward being like us. On red square you had the same stores we have.

I know Russia has changed a LOT and as you have confirmed (?) appears to have become more capitalistic.  I knew Putin was not elected in a "real" election like we supposedly have over here, but I was never clear on how much freedom the Russians have now after the fall of communism.  I knew they weren't old style communism, and at one point I thought our countries were beginning to work towards a friendlier arrangement.  I can't give citations, etc. it is just an impression I have gotten from "somewhere" I don't know where. 

Then Putin arrived. You still have the same stores but what Putin says goes. China was the same way. The largest McDonald's is there. Now you have a form of dictatorship (Trump) style. If you look at Venezuela it whent from socialist (left) to Dictatorship.

I thought Venezuela was still socialist, Maduro was elected and my understanding is the people in that country like him.  I know there has been a lot of unrest lately but I wasn't convinced that wasn't "manufactured unrest" to try to overthrow Maduro.  I know Chavez was a socialist and vehemently against the US.  I guess I question whether he is truly a dictator, or if that is just US propaganda against him because that government doesn't like us.  I can't give citations, this is just my impression.  Maybe Maduro really is a dictator. 

People are people and mostly the same all over the world. They want the same things in life.

well, yes

We have been lucky so far as our system never put a really far right (Dictatorship) in play. That all changed in 2016 and if we do not stop it in 2020 we will have a Dictatorship under Trump which will be like Germany had under Hitler. Hitler was a mob boss really, and Trump has been a mob boss all his life.

I think DT is essentially a mob boss, but I'm still not seeing where everyone is getting the idea that Trump is going to be a dictator.  He'd have to gain control over the military, stop elections, etc.  There's a long road between here and dictatorship.  I do remember the right saying Obama was going to become a dictator as well, I didn't believe it at the time, and find it kind of amusing to hear the left parrot the same idea the right came up with back then.  If you respond to this last paragraph, please don't respond to me as if I'm a huge Trump supporter, I'm not, I just really don't see how people are getting from point A to point B on DT becoming a dictator. 

He ran his business that way, and just look at what he is doing to the Fed. government. Did you know the agriculture dept has lost 90% of it scientists due to the actions of Trump.

No, I didn't!  I would like to learn more about this.  Do you have any articles you could post links for?  I could google it, but I'm not sure how to even start on this as it is the first I've heard of it.

This will hurt that section of our economy for years to come. Trump got rid of them because they would not turn out reports that agreed with what he wanted them todo. Trump and the far right are pure evil. Keep in mind this country was formed to get away from the far right (King.)

Yes, I do remember our country was founded to escape from tyranny.  You mentioned Venezuala going from socialism to a dictatorship.  I think that is what the right fears would happen to the US.  The right sees socialist or socialist leaning candidates and fear if they get elected it would be one more step towards tyranny.  My personal opinion is man tends towards tyranny no matter what system is set up.  It is some quirk in humanity.  Whether it (the tyranny) comes in the form of a dictator or a corporatocracy, I think it is eventually inevitable.  Just my opinion.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response above you've given me a lot of food for thought in your previous posts as well.

1. Trump is for Trump and only Trump. He supports nothing but mob type rules as he ran his business that way. Socialism and Communism can be one in the same. The people control and everything is for the people. Communism can have a stronger one person head than socialism. The Russians now are a dictatorship with a Capitalists type economy.  They back DT because he best fit their needs and would do what they wanted. He was trying to do business in Russia and paying people off, plus they had blackmail material on him. His hooker session there, and money laundering in his building projects. They could control him. Look at his Sec. of State Rex T. Rex worked with Russia for some time and had a big oil deal with them, and was given a very high award from them. Rex came out of nowhere to be named to that job by Trump. Could it be Russia put forwarded his name. Some day we will know. C & F can be the same when they slide into Dictatorship.

2. I was in both before (the curtain was just lifting) and after. I do not work for any govt.

3. As look back I was very lucky in the travel end.

4. Russia was heading for a form of democracy, and we were working together on a lot of things. The Russian people were becoming like us, and looked up to the US. Putin changed a lot of this as he went back to trying to make Russia the master of Europe. He even got China mad at him.

5. Venezuela went to Dictatorship under Maduro just like the US is under Trump. One man rule

6. Trump has control of the Courts, JD, Military, and can stop elections. Studies of the federal law shows 15 ways he can do it, and he has already shown he does not have to follow any laws. Tariffs are an example. No where in law does he have the right to impose them, but if you add national emergency in he says he does. Hitler did the same thing and so did the Dictator of Turkey. He has spent 2 years testing and taking control and few even noticed that. He has defied court orders, made up his own laws etc. Read how Hitler took over Germany and you see Trump doing it in the US just about the same way.

7. There are a few books out on this I do not have any names at hand but go to a book store, and watch TV since the authors are on. Michael Wolf has 2 books on his time as President. Go read them.

8. The far right are his enablers. Experts have done studies on them and told us: They are mostly white, rural, poor ,uneducated, easy to lead are some high points.

Honored Social Butterfly

@SierraWinds wrote:

I guess my whole rejection of the RussiaGate idea is partly rooted in the surreality of a Communist country backing someone who is supposedly (now) far right, you all call him a fascist?  Sure do....trump is undermining our Democracy right before our eyes.....such as the checks and balances in our government.....Congress controlling the check book so to speak......overseeing the executive branch.......wasn't this part of your public school education as well????

Putin wants to weaken NATO.......he has that in his Ally, Comrade trump....

Putin wants to break-up the European Union.....he has that in his ally, comrade trump...

Putin wants to weaken democracy.....he has already succeeded there, thanks to his ally, comrade trump......

Fascism and Communism and socialism is not exactly like it was decades ago......we have modern versions of each.....there are many books on these subjects and hundreds of educational articles on-line if you are interested in learning more.....I encourage you to update your knowledge on subjects you think remain the same as 80 years ago.....just like earth science, heath and even English....

I'm pretty sure he was a Democrat until he decided to run for office.  Yep.  He couldn't get the vote of those smarter than himself, so we went after the Tea Partiers and their glomming on to his birther hysteria......

Wouldn't they be more likely to support someone like Bernie, a socialist.  They?  The Russians?  In the modern years, the Dems have been "strong" against Putin and Russia.  Remember Obama's sanctions?  Remember Putin didn't want Hillary to win, he want trump to win because trump was soft to authoritarian regimes.....

I was always taught socialism was one step away from Communism.  Doesn't that seem surreal when you think about it?  To me, what is surreal is that a thinking adult is depending on thoughts of others from 60 years ago and apply them today without much apparent thought.  I don't mean to be harsh, Catherine, but you've been listening to a propaganda, Conservative only networks for years.  How do others free people like yourself from their own, for a lack of a better word, "ignorance"?  I'm open to a better word choice if you have one.

Communists supporting the far right?  No.....trump!  But upon further reflection, I do ask myself....what are the Russians now, exactly?  Communists?  Capitalists? Neither.....they are authoritarian......just like trump......more a dictatorship.  Why do you need a different label for it?  btw.....the Russians were never truly communists either......

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

I guess my whole rejection of the RussiaGate idea is partly rooted in the surreality of a Communist country backing someone who is supposedly (now) far right, you all call him a fascist?  Sure do....trump is undermining our Democracy right before our eyes.....such as the checks and balances in our government.....Congress controlling the check book so to speak......overseeing the executive branch.......wasn't this part of your public school education as well????

Putin wants to weaken NATO.......he has that in his Ally, Comrade trump....

Putin wants to break-up the European Union.....he has that in his ally, comrade trump...

Putin wants to weaken democracy.....he has already succeeded there, thanks to his ally, comrade trump......

Fascism and Communism and socialism is not exactly like it was decades ago......we have modern versions of each.....there are many books on these subjects and hundreds of educational articles on-line if you are interested in learning more.....I encourage you to update your knowledge on subjects you think remain the same as 80 years ago.....just like earth science, heath and even English....

I'm pretty sure he was a Democrat until he decided to run for office.  Yep.  He couldn't get the vote of those smarter than himself, so we went after the Tea Partiers and their glomming on to his birther hysteria......

Wouldn't they be more likely to support someone like Bernie, a socialist.  They?  The Russians?  In the modern years, the Dems have been "strong" against Putin and Russia.  Remember Obama's sanctions?  Remember Putin didn't want Hillary to win, he want trump to win because trump was soft to authoritarian regimes.....

I was always taught socialism was one step away from Communism.  Doesn't that seem surreal when you think about it?  To me, what is surreal is that a thinking adult is depending on thoughts of others from 60 years ago and apply them today without much apparent thought.  I don't mean to be harsh, Catherine, but you've been listening to a propaganda, Conservative only networks for years.  How do others free people like yourself from their own, for a lack of a better word, "ignorance"?  I'm open to a better word choice if you have one.

Communists supporting the far right?  No.....trump!  But upon further reflection, I do ask myself....what are the Russians now, exactly?  Communists?  Capitalists? Neither.....they are authoritarian......just like trump......more a dictatorship.  Why do you need a different label for it?  btw.....the Russians were never truly communists either......

What is "dogma" for $1,000. please!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Butterfly565 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:...

Image result for standing ovation gif

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Butterfly565 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:...

Image result for standing ovation gif

woman bowing to man.jpeg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png