Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
280
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

280 Views
Message 191 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

This article is more than 8 months old Manafort shared polling data on 2016 election with elusive Ru...

 

Now maybe you can see why it was laughable to read when one poster claimed something was "common knowledge",,,,,"it was all over the news"

Image result for judy judy rolling eyes

 

Collusion?  Maybe not.....but certainly working together.  Why do you think everyone is lying and trump won't let anyone testify?  Why do you think trump say he was "screwed" when the investigation got started?  

 

I'm not sure why he said that since collusion isn't illegal.  Because he isn't the brightest bulb in the box....

 

Has Trump lied about stuff? yes and imho he's guilty of several things, Really?  Like what??? 

 

but I don't happen to buy in to this particular one, although I will look at the Mueller link you posted sorry....don't recall posting a Mueller link.....your best bet is to become informed yourself.  Start with reading the Mueller Report and decide for yourself.

 

(maybe it has something I didn't pick up on when listening to his testimony). That's why reading the Mueller Report is so important.  It's interesting to see how few Conservatives had read it.....yet they are the first to defend trump.  Quite telling, eh?

 

 

 still think the liberal Dems are destroying our country with the push towards transgenderism,  Really?  How does that "destroy the country" in your view?

 

It allows perversion perversion as you choose to define it.  to become accepted and commonplace. Are you afraid you'll "catch it"?  Do you think it will effect you in any way?  If so, how.   Surely there is some kind of weirdness you would say, so?  I think it's more weird to claim one is a Christian and then defend and endorse a liar, a bigot, an adulterer and a fraud.  To me, that does far more harm to the country.....

 

enough is enough?  I mean, at some point a society has to have accepted norms to function.  Ahhhhh, trumps, "slippery slope" theory.  Do you know what Liberty is?  You can have YOUR "norms" and I can have mine.  Why do you want to step on others Liberty???

 

That's why anarchy is illegal and not supported anywhere in the know universe.  There is a vast difference between personal liberty, including what two adults do in their bedroom and anarchy.  It's unfortunate to see one offer that they don't know the difference......

 

Also, trans is a mental health issue Really?  Prove it.  Is it in the DSM manual yet?  and what they are doing to children is deplorable.  What straight white guys are doing to children is far more deplorable......or is that not in YOUR news????

 

Giving them shots to stop puberty, the surgeries, etc.  Please don't even bother to defend this subject, I can promise you it will fall on deaf ears.  Trust me....I'm sure Fox News has gone to great lengths to fear-monger this topic to you and others which is evidenced by your comment above.

 

"unfettered illegal immigration"  Immigration is not "unfettered".  We have laws, we have border security and a process.....

 

The Dems are giving the impression they want open borders.  LMAO!!!! No, the DEmocratic Party has not!!!  Several candidates have raised their hands, most all won't likely be the candidate.  See how the fear-mongering has worked on you???

 

They are complaining about policies that were also done under Obama as if it was something new. So?  Do you notice you NEVER provide specifics???  Why is that?  You attack in generalities and suggest others are poorly informed.  That's hilarious and hypocritical.  

 

Also "all the talk" (Biden for one) about how immigration is great and the strength of our country....I just don't agree with this 100%....so?  Do you have to?  Is there anyone you support 100%.  You don't even trust trump 100%,,,,but you'll vote for him.....what nationality is your family?  Did they bring "strength" to our country?

 

and I'll bet the native Americans wouldn't either Woman Wink  indeed.

 

and late term, partial birth abortion. I'm not a fan either, but I'm not silly enough to suggest it's destroying the country.

 

Yet in a way it is....when we lower our regard of human life.  You won't have one, will you?  No, so your regard isn't lowered.  If another person has one, is it better to abort the fetus in the 2nd trimester?  Do you think the mother's "regard" is different?  It's a false argument and the "slippery slope" trump worries about for guns....

 

Now, about that "free stuff"????  The free stuff I was referring to was the free healthcare, is it OK for the poor and/or elderly?  the free college, what free college?  It's a bumper sticker......guaranteed housing for all, huh?  More fear-mongering.....etc. etc what????Most of it promised by Sanders.  What are you worried about.....he' hasn't even been nominated.  Again, more fear-mongering.....I think it would be great if all his ideas could actually work, but I'm skeptical.  Yet you fear him????  Do you know how silly that sounds?  You think he would be great, but your not sure if it would work.  Too funny......

 

I'm not a fan.....too far left for me, personally.  I'm more in line with Amy Klobachar and Buttigiez and Biden than the further Left candidates.  IMO, if we, as a country, want to move further to the Left, we should do so slowly and not huge social changes like electing the moron in the WH we have today, catering to the extremists.  That's no way, IMO, to run a country.  Just saying...


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
280
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
276
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

276 Views
Message 192 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

 

 I don't know who writes his speeches but there have been several incorrect facts reported when he has spoken.  there is a huge difference between his pre-written speeches and when he speaks,,,,,,it's a night and day difference.  His speeches don't tend to be filled with lies, though there are a few.....it's often in his tweets, his off-the cuff comments or responses to questions from reporters.

 

There is definitely a difference.  Some of what he says in his tweets I agree with, some I don't.  I can't think of any examples right now, fyi.   Of course not.....but you are comfortable with defending him none-the-less......it's quite typical;.  I'll defend him first, and justify it, but can't think of why.  How sad is that?  Seriously?  I appreciate your honesty, but......where's the thought process????  It's not there.....

 

He speaks more like a common person than a politician and a lot of people are uncomfortable with that.  Yep, usually those who expect much more class than a white-trash liar.

 

I like it at times, Why?  How does it benefit you or the country?

 

  and at other times it makes me wince.  A politician that lies?  Actually it is....almost every day.  But again, you dismiss it as expected.  Speaks volumes of his base, doesn't it?

 

 That's hardly new.  Should he be called out when he does?  definitely, like they all should.  Indeed, just as Dems did to Franken.

 

 These don't make him a liar, it makes his speech writers sloppy. Your mistaken IMO, his speech writers aren't the liars.  He approves his speeches.  You are, once again, making excuses for him.  Why? 

My guess is he approves his speeches, even when lies or inaccuracies are in there, because he is ignorant of certain facts.  So I don't think I'm making excuses for him.  Most of his lies have nothing to do with his speeches.....AGAIN, you are excusing him suggesting otherwise.

 

Having said that, I am not saying he has never lied, I haven't looked that closely at it.  But, you are very quick to defend him.....see the "list".  Most all are not in his speeches.

 

I don't think I'm defending him, Really?  I bet the forum members would disagree.....I just don't agree with some of what is being said.  I agree with some of what he says and does and disagree with others.  But do you actively disagree with him to the members of your sphere of influence?  I don't know, so I'm asking....I have not seen you volunteer ANY disagreement here on this forum as of yet.....but there's still time.

 

As a person, I think he's shady and boorish as you described him.  Thanks.

 

Not necessarily.  I still don't believe there was any collusion between Trump and the Russians to throw the election.  As you stated, you are a Fox Viewer.  That has helped you to form your opinion.  You do know collusion isn't illegal....right? 

 

Yes, I do know it's not illegal, that is why I never understood all the hype about the whole thing.  For one, because his aid said they were working with the Russians.  Remember?  Then after lying about it, they admitted to meeting with the Russians in trump Tower.....to name just a few reasons.... As to collusion, I actually thought if he did collude, it was poetic justice.  Do you know how many foreign elections the US has messed with?  Better question......how many do you care about?  Are you OK with the Russians influencing our elections?  Simple question.....  I'm sure you do, so the whole thing made me laugh inside.  It also made me think the Dems making a big deal out of look like ridiculous hypocrites. I dunno, I', mot a Dem.  I'm an Independent. I'll bet you didn't see that response coming.  You would be right and "ditto".....

 

You do know Don Jr and Manafort met with Russians, right?  You do know Sessions and others, lied about meeting with Russians, right?

I didn't know that about Sessions.  I remember hearing Don Jr.'s explanation for it, buying it and moving on.  I didn't spend a lot of critical time thinking about it because as you stated above, collusion isn't illegal, and well, you can see my thoughts above.  But for some reason, you were OK with Russians working with a presidential campaign.  What does that say?????

 

  You do know Putin said he wanted trump to win, right?

 

No, but I'm not sure I care.  You didn't?  It was all over the news.....even YouTube.

 

 

Now, as to the fact you "don't care", as you said.....consider the fact one of the largest powers in the world is taking sides and spending billions of dollars trying to effect our democracy, and a seemingly sane person claims, "I don't care".  Does that make sense to you?  Is that someone you would trust?

 

All foreign leaders are allowed their opinion on who they want to win over here.  Yep....and they don't all spend billions of dollars, aren't indicted by our legal system and aren't permitted to interfere like the Russians were.  Again, you are defending this.....why?

 

  You do know trump won't release his taxes or let anyone in his circle to testify, right?

Yes, I did know that and the only reason I care about it now, whether he releases them or not, is because I have to wonder if he isn't hiding money laundering or something with his transactions with Deutsche Bank. Why just now? I just learned of the whole D Bank issue last night after someone posted some links on here.  Great.  Why aren't you blaming Fox for not airing these facts?  Or your selection of Youtube video's.  This is "common knowledge" to most.  All though trump and his supporters whine about the MSM, you do know NBC, CBS and ABC have far more viewers than Fox.  I would suggest what they air is "common knowledge" and not what Fox chooses to air...

 

Before that I didn't care what a private individual did money wise. He isn't a private individual.....he's the POTUS.  There is a huge difference.  If you knew everything about him as you claim, how could you not want to see his taxes?

 

If he had been a public servant I probably would have thought differently.  He was running for the highest position in the land and you and others let him skate.....sad.....

 

To me, the fact he wasn't a politician beforehand made the difference.  To me, had he remained just a developer, we wouln't be having this discussion....but things changed when he ran for office.....to most, expectations changed.

 

You do know the Russians flooded social medial with lies and disinformation, mostly supporting trump and his positions. right? 

I saw stats on that and it was minimal imo.  Please share the stats you saw with the rest of us.....what were you basing your skewed opinion, if it is indeed one, on. Both sides spread lies and misinfo when running for office, that's a sad part of the political process.  You are misunderstanding the point.  Yes, both sides lie......but the Russians admitted to helping trump and spent far more money attacking Dems and liberal issues than they did to Repubs.....

 

Also, refer to my statements above our meddling.

 

You do know Manafort met with Russians to provide them with polling info, right?

 

No, I didn't. Wow.....common knowledge......

 

This article is more than 8 months old Manafort shared polling data on 2016 election with elusive Ru...

 

Now maybe you can see why it was laughable to read when one poster claimed something was "common knowledge",,,,,"it was all over the news"

Image result for judy judy rolling eyes

 

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
276
Views
Gold Conversationalist
0
Kudos
270
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

270 Views
Message 193 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

 

I have to take my mom to town, so I'll respond to these later today.  The bumper sticker pic was hilarious btw!  I coud so relate to it, although I don't have my car stickered.  As to not watching CNN, I used to, but my hubbie can't tolerate it too much, so I don't push it.  I agree, I like to see what the other side is saying, I actually learn something sometimes.  As to the PC speech, I am HARDLY against using kind words.  You can think PC speech is silly without wanting to be mean.  It is the idea you have the media/political leaders trying to tell you what words you can use.  Sorry, that is just offensive/annoying to me.  If that makes me a bad person, so be it.  Also some of their chosen language is just stupid.  There was some idiocy lately in CA about not saying juvenile delinquents, you had to use some phrase like "having experience with the justice system" or some such nonsense.  If you didn't hear about it on the news, maybe I can find a link.  They had some other choice phrases, but when you take it to that extreme, it just makes you look sycophantic, imho.  I also think the whole gender neutral phrases are insulting.  I'm not offended by the term chairman, or other phrases.  They are historically rooted, have come to us by history, not by some plot by mysogenist men to hate on women.  I want my husband to be called my husband, not my partner, stuff like that.

 

 

 

.trump promised Mexico was going to pay for the wall and he was going to repeal and\replace the ACA on Day 1....how'd either of those promises work out?  He also said he'd unite the country????  Still waiting.....most say it is more divisive than ever.  No he didn't do either one of those.  Agreed....but many voted for him because of those issues.

 

Most definitely

 

A lot of politicians, both right and left, promise to do stuff they don't have the power to do, it's ridiculous, and yet people lap it up like it's truth, it's sad. Yep...agreed!  Most aren't so bright.  But here's the rub......how many are pushing trump to fulfill his promises?  Shouldn't they??? 

YES, they should if they agree with it like they say they do.  Again, agreement!

 

 We are more divisive than ever, but I don't blame that solely on Trump. 1.  He promised he would.....   2) He hasn't even bothered to try.....   3)  He constantly blames Obama as if that's going to help.  4) He benefits from being devisive.....his base loves it!

His base loves the fact that he won't be politically correct and says some of the time what a lot of us are thinking  (ie. some of those countries are sh*+H0les).  Why is it necessary to say?  Who cares?  Is that a Christian value???  Stupid morons care.....because they don't see the ignorance in that.  Can you imagine a candidate that caters to the knuckle-draggers in this country?  How proud they must fell that there is a knuckle-dragger who agree's with them......

 

 It is also what makes us cringe at times too.  Then there is a slight glimmer of hope......

 

The left has got to realize there are a lot of Americans out there who are sick of the PC movement, ....it's not just the "left" who are mature adults.  Are we really in Kindergarten, or in the back woods of West Virginia?  Do you understandind you are defending idiocy?  Mean-ness?  Hate?  Why would you?  What's the point????  The "PC Movement".....LMAO!!!!  Being kind with words is soooo bad.  Egads!!!

 

don't like the moral decay they see going on around them So they think speaking bigoted, hateful thinks will improve it???  How so???  and are proud of their heritage, even if they are from the south.  Sorry, I have no idea what that means......That doesn't mean they agree with all that happened, but are sick of the shaming from the left.  So?  So they take the low road?  Is that the only alternative?

 

    I also blame the propaganda producing msm for stoking the flames.  LOL....another bumper sticker?  It wasn't the msm that made the asinine comments about the 4 Dems.....it wasn't the MSM that made the comments about Baltimore....etc., etc., etc.

 

Not hardly a bumper sticker.  But surely you see that both Fox and CNN are spewing propaganda to further their beliefs? 

 

Here's what I see:

 

Image result for bombers car bumper sticker Cesar Sayoc

 

 

I'm not saying they aren't using legitimate news at times, but they are both pushing an agenda.  That's why you don't see FOX news ever talking about how Trump hasn't finished the wall, etc.  So how can you attack others for not "knowing the news" if as you said, you only watch Fox and Youtube (my guess is mostly Conservative youtube channels.....am I mistaken?)

 

  I have no idea what is coming out of CNN ....why not?  Why not watch a program or two each week......I'd recommed Cummo at night, Fareed on Sunday morning and Smercornish on Sat morning.....watch a couple and then make an objective decision whether to watch again.....vs. being told what NOT to watch by those who you embrace.....  Make sense.  Many of those you claim are libs watch Fox occasionally, Hannity, etc.  How can you truly understand those you oppose unless you watch for yourself?

 

so I can't speak to that, but you do anyway.....

 

I can assure you, we are BOTH swallowing propaganda aaalllll the time.  I know you're not that naive even though I don't know you, you seem intelligent, so I assume.........I would agree, we both are exposed to propaganda, but I don't agree both are swallowing it.  If you see something I post that indicates I've digested any, please point it out and show with facts that I haven't "passed it" yet.   Thank you.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
270
Views
Gold Conversationalist
0
Kudos
261
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

261 Views
Message 194 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

 

 I don't know who writes his speeches but there have been several incorrect facts reported when he has spoken.  there is a huge difference between his pre-written speeches and when he speaks,,,,,,it's a night and day difference.  His speeches don't tend to be filled with lies, though there are a few.....it's often in his tweets, his off-the cuff comments or responses to questions from reporters.

 

There is definitely a difference.  Some of what he says in his tweets I agree with, some I don't.  I can't think of any examples right now, fyi.  He speaks more like a common person than a politician and a lot of people are uncomfortable with that.  I like it at times, and at other times it makes me wince.  A politician that lies?  That's hardly new.  Should he be called out when he does?  definitely, like they all should.

 

 These don't make him a liar, it makes his speech writers sloppy. Your mistaken IMO, his speech writers aren't the liars.  He approves his speeches.  You are, once again, making excuses for him.  Why? 

My guess is he approves his speeches, even when lies or inaccuracies are in there, because he is ignorant of certain facts.  So I don't think I'm making excuses for him.

 

Having said that, I am not saying he has never lied, I haven't looked that closely at it.  But, you are very quick to defend him.....see the "list".  Most all are not in his speeches.

 

I don't think I'm defending him, I just don't agree with some of what is being said.  I agree with some of what he says and does and disagree with others.  As a person, I think he's shady and boorish as you described him.

 

Not necessarily.  I still don't believe there was any collusion between Trump and the Russians to throw the election.  As you stated, you are a Fox Viewer.  That has helped you to form your opinion.  You do know collusion isn't illegal....right? 

 

Yes, I do know it's not illegal, that is why I never understood all the hype about the whole thing.  As to collusion, I actually thought if he did collude, it was poetic justice.  Do you know how many foreign elections the US has messed with?  I'm sure you do, so the whole thing made me laugh inside.  It also made me think the Dems making a big deal out of look like ridiculous hypocrites.  I'll bet you didn't see that response coming.

 

You do know Don Jr and Manafort met with Russians, right?  You do know Sessions and others, lied about meeting with Russians, right?

I didn't know that about Sessions.  I remember hearing Don Jr.'s explanation for it, buying it and moving on.  I didn't spend a lot of critical time thinking about it because as you stated above, collusion isn't illegal, and well, you can see my thoughts above.

 

  You do know Putin said he wanted trump to win, right?

 

No, but I'm not sure I care.  All foreign leaders are allowed their opinion on who they want to win over here.

  You do know trump won't release his taxes or let anyone in his circle to testify, right?

Yes, I did know that and the only reason I care about it now, whether he releases them or not, is because I have to wonder if he isn't hiding money laundering or something with his transactions with Deutsche Bank.  I just learned of the whole D Bank issue last night after someone posted some links on here.  Before that I didn't care what a private individual did money wise.  If he had been a public servant I probably would have thought differently.  To me, the fact he wasn't a politician beforehand made the difference.

 

You do know the Russians flooded social medial with lies and disinformation, mostly supporting trump and his positions. right? 

I saw stats on that and it was minimal imo.  Both sides spread lies and misinfo when running for office, that's a sad part of the political process.  Also, refer to my statements above our meddling.

 

You do know Manafort met with Russians to provide them with polling info, right?

No, I didn't.

  Collusion?  Maybe not.....but certainly working together.  Why do you think everyone is lying and trump won't let anyone testify?  Why do you think trump say he was "screwed" when the investigation got started?  

 

I'm not sure why he said that since collusion isn't illegal. 

 

Has Trump lied about stuff? yes and imho he's guilty of several things, but I don't happen to buy in to this particular one, although I will look at the Mueller link you posted (maybe it has something I didn't pick up on when listening to his testimony). Take the time to read the Muellr Report and then ask yourself the questions you have.  trump is trying to cover his butt and attacks those who want to rightfully dig into the issue and find the truth.  He wants to prevent that at ALL costs.

 

I don't doubt he's hiding something(s).  Once again, I'm not a Trump apologist.

 

I still think the liberal Dems are destroying our country with the push towards transgenderism,  Really?  How does that "destroy the country" in your view?

 

It allows perversion to become accepted and commonplace.  Surely there is some kind of weirdness you would say, enough is enough?  I mean, at some point a society has to have accepted norms to function.  That's why anarchy is illegal and not supported anywhere in the know universe.  Also, trans is a mental health issue and what they are doing to children is deplorable.  Giving them shots to stop puberty, the surgeries, etc.  Please don't even bother to defend this subject, I can promise you it will fall on deaf ears.

 

"unfettered illegal immigration"  Immigration is not "unfettered".  We have laws, we have border security and a process.....

 

The Dems are giving the impression they want open borders.  They are complaining about policies that were also done under Obama as if it was something new.  Also all the talk (Biden for one) about how immigration is great and the strength of our country....I just don't agree with this 100% and I'll bet the native Americans wouldn't either Woman Wink

 

and late term, partial birth abortion. I'm not a fan either, but I'm not silly enough to suggest it's destroying the country.

 

Yet in a way it is....when we lower our regard of human life

 

If that makes me a closed minded bigot, then I'm proud to be one.  No, it doesn't because you aren't attacking those who disagree.  See the difference? It really is that simple!

 

Now, about that "free stuff"????  The free stuff I was referring to was the free healthcare, the free college, guaranteed housing for all, etc. Most of it promised by Sanders.  I think it would be great if all his ideas could actually work, but I'm skeptical.


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
261
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
246
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

246 Views
Message 195 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

 

.trump promised Mexico was going to pay for the wall and he was going to repeal and\replace the ACA on Day 1....how'd either of those promises work out?  He also said he'd unite the country????  Still waiting.....most say it is more divisive than ever.  No he didn't do either one of those.  Agreed....but many voted for him because of those issues.

 

Most definitely

 

A lot of politicians, both right and left, promise to do stuff they don't have the power to do, it's ridiculous, and yet people lap it up like it's truth, it's sad. Yep...agreed!  Most aren't so bright.  But here's the rub......how many are pushing trump to fulfill his promises?  Shouldn't they??? 

YES, they should if they agree with it like they say they do.  Again, agreement!

 

 We are more divisive than ever, but I don't blame that solely on Trump. 1.  He promised he would.....   2) He hasn't even bothered to try.....   3)  He constantly blames Obama as if that's going to help.  4) He benefits from being devisive.....his base loves it!

His base loves the fact that he won't be politically correct and says some of the time what a lot of us are thinking  (ie. some of those countries are sh*+H0les).  Why is it necessary to say?  Who cares?  Is that a Christian value???  Stupid morons care.....because they don't see the ignorance in that.  Can you imagine a candidate that caters to the knuckle-draggers in this country?  How proud they must fell that there is a knuckle-dragger who agree's with them......

 

 It is also what makes us cringe at times too.  Then there is a slight glimmer of hope......

 

The left has got to realize there are a lot of Americans out there who are sick of the PC movement, ....it's not just the "left" who are mature adults.  Are we really in Kindergarten, or in the back woods of West Virginia?  Do you understandind you are defending idiocy?  Mean-ness?  Hate?  Why would you?  What's the point????  The "PC Movement".....LMAO!!!!  Being kind with words is soooo bad.  Egads!!!

 

don't like the moral decay they see going on around them So they think speaking bigoted, hateful thinks will improve it???  How so???  and are proud of their heritage, even if they are from the south.  Sorry, I have no idea what that means......That doesn't mean they agree with all that happened, but are sick of the shaming from the left.  So?  So they take the low road?  Is that the only alternative?

 

    I also blame the propaganda producing msm for stoking the flames.  LOL....another bumper sticker?  It wasn't the msm that made the asinine comments about the 4 Dems.....it wasn't the MSM that made the comments about Baltimore....etc., etc., etc.

 

Not hardly a bumper sticker.  But surely you see that both Fox and CNN are spewing propaganda to further their beliefs? 

 

Here's what I see:

 

Image result for bombers car bumper sticker Cesar Sayoc

 

 

I'm not saying they aren't using legitimate news at times, but they are both pushing an agenda.  That's why you don't see FOX news ever talking about how Trump hasn't finished the wall, etc.  So how can you attack others for not "knowing the news" if as you said, you only watch Fox and Youtube (my guess is mostly Conservative youtube channels.....am I mistaken?)

 

  I have no idea what is coming out of CNN ....why not?  Why not watch a program or two each week......I'd recommed Cummo at night, Fareed on Sunday morning and Smercornish on Sat morning.....watch a couple and then make an objective decision whether to watch again.....vs. being told what NOT to watch by those who you embrace.....  Make sense.  Many of those you claim are libs watch Fox occasionally, Hannity, etc.  How can you truly understand those you oppose unless you watch for yourself?

 

so I can't speak to that, but you do anyway.....

 

I can assure you, we are BOTH swallowing propaganda aaalllll the time.  I know you're not that naive even though I don't know you, you seem intelligent, so I assume.........I would agree, we both are exposed to propaganda, but I don't agree both are swallowing it.  If you see something I post that indicates I've digested any, please point it out and show with facts that I haven't "passed it" yet.   Thank you.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
246
Views
Gold Conversationalist
1
Kudos
258
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

258 Views
Message 196 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

Bigota person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

 

Now I'm not calling you a bigot.....that's for you to decide for yourself.  But do you think what you just posted above fits the definition???  It just might.....

 

I'm more tolerant than a lot of people, Is that the standed you want to put yourself at?  "More than a LOT"?  IMO, you can, and most adults can and should,  do better....should we set the example for the others of being tolerant of those we disagree with?

I'm pretty comfortable with myself at this point in life.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
258
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
248
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

248 Views
Message 197 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

 

I'm not saying Trump has never lied, I understand.  Not sure anyone suggested you did.  I don't know who writes his speeches but there have been several incorrect facts reported when he has spoken.  there is a huge difference between his pre-written speeches and when he speaks,,,,,,it's a night and day difference.  His speeches don't tend to be filled with lies, though there are a few.....it's often in his tweets, his off-the cuff comments or responses to questions from reporters.

 

 These don't make him a liar, it makes his speech writers sloppy. Your mistaken IMO, his speech writers aren't the liars.  He approves his speeches.  You are, once again, making excuses for him.  Why?  Having said that, I am not saying he has never lied, I haven't looked that closely at it.  But, you are very quick to defend him.....see the "list".  Most all are not in his speeches.

 

Not necessarily.  I still don't believe there was any collusion between Trump and the Russians to throw the election.  As you stated, you are a Fox Viewer.  That has helped you to form your opinion.  You do know collusion isn't illegal....right?  You do know Don Jr and Manafort met with Russians, right?  You do know Sessions and others, lied about meeting with Russians, right?  You do know Putin said he wanted trump to win, right?  You do know trump won't release his taxes or let anyone in his circle to testify, right?  You do know the Russians flooded social medial with lies and disinformation, mostly supporting trump and his positions. right?  You do know Manafort met with Russians to provide them with polling info, right?  Collusion?  Maybe not.....but certainly working together.  Why do you think everyone is lying and trump won't let anyone testify?  Why do you think trump say he was "screwed" when the investigation got started?  

 

Has Trump lied about stuff? yes and imho he's guilty of several things, but I don't happen to buy in to this particular one, although I will look at the Mueller link you posted (maybe it has something I didn't pick up on when listening to his testimony). Take the time to read the Muellr Report and then ask yourself the questions you have.  trump is trying to cover his butt and attacks those who want to rightfully dig into the issue and find the truth.  He wants to prevent that at ALL costs.

 

I still think the liberal Dems are destroying our country with the push towards transgenderism,  Really?  How does that "destroy the country" in your view?

 

"unfettered illegal immigration"  Immigration is not "unfettered".  We have laws, we have border security and a process.....

 

and late term, partial birth abortion. I'm not a fan either, but I'm not silly enough to suggest it's destroying the country.

 

If that makes me a closed minded bigot, then I'm proud to be one.  No, it doesn't because you aren't attacking those who disagree.  See the difference? It really is that simple!

 

Now, about that "free stuff"????


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
248
Views
Gold Conversationalist
0
Kudos
215
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

215 Views
Message 198 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

 

.trump promised Mexico was going to pay for the wall and he was going to repeal and\replace the ACA on Day 1....how'd either of those promises work out?  He also said he'd unite the country????  Still waiting.....most say it is more divisive than ever.  No he didn't do either one of those.  Agreed....but many voted for him because of those issues.

 

Most definitely

 

A lot of politicians, both right and left, promise to do stuff they don't have the power to do, it's ridiculous, and yet people lap it up like it's truth, it's sad. Yep...agreed!  Most aren't so bright.  But here's the rub......how many are pushing trump to fulfill his promises?  Shouldn't they??? 

YES, they should if they agree with it like they say they do.

 

 We are more divisive than ever, but I don't blame that solely on Trump. 1.  He promised he would.....   2) He hasn't even bothered to try.....   3)  He constantly blames Obama as if that's going to help.  4) He benefits from being devisive.....his base loves it!

His base loves the fact that he won't be politically correct and says some of the time what a lot of us are thinking  (ie. some of those countries are sh*+H0les).  It is also what makes us cringe at times too.  The left has got to realize there are a lot of Americans out there who are sick of the PC movement, don't like the moral decay they see going on around them and are proud of their heritage, even if they are from the south.  That doesn't mean they agree with all that happened, but are sick of the shaming from the left.

 

    I also blame the propaganda producing msm for stoking the flames.  LOL....another bumper sticker?  It wasn't the msm that made the asinine comments about the 4 Dems.....it wasn't the MSM that made the comments about Baltimore....etc., etc., etc.

 

Not hardly a bumper sticker.  But surely you see that both Fox and CNN are spewing propaganda to further their beliefs?  I'm not saying they aren't using legitimate news at times, but they are both pushing an agenda.  That's why you don't see FOX news ever talking about how Trump hasn't finished the wall, etc.    I have no idea what is coming out of CNN so I can't speak to that, but there has to be something and if one is intellectually honest they would admit that.

 

 

Then you have to add in legitimate "things" that happen, all mix together to produce a fire.  Like what, specifically?  Like police brutality, DT saying dumb things, etc.

 

ROFLMAO @ what bumper sticker I read today!  That was seriously funny Smiley LOL NO  LOL it's perfectly appropriate depending on the audience imho, if, and only if, you're speaking to like minded, close-minded people....for example, other "Fox only" viewers.  LOL, touche'!

 

apparently this wasn't the audience  LOL  Yep, there are open-minded people that don't swallow the same propaganda as some.  I can assure you, we are BOTH swallowing propaganda aaalllll the time.  I know you're not that naive even though I don't know you, you seem intelligent, so I assume.........


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
215
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
222
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

222 Views
Message 199 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

Bigota person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

 

Now I'm not calling you a bigot.....that's for you to decide for yourself.  But do you think what you just posted above fits the definition???  It just might.....

 

I'm more tolerant than a lot of people, Is that the standed you want to put yourself at?  "More than a LOT"?  IMO, you can, and most adults can and should,  do better....should we set the example for the others of being tolerant of those we disagree with?

 

apparently I haven't come across that way on this board.  It's never a good idea to assume everyone has dogested the same material, especially Fox News, as you do.....so everything is "common knowledge".  Yikes!!!!   Although a good argument could be made I am a bigot depending on the subject.  You're welcome to make that argument.  An honest bigot...er, I'm honest about my bigotry.....LOL  That's fair.....most arn't.  One could argue there are subjects that they have less tolerance for disagreement.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
222
Views
Gold Conversationalist
0
Kudos
215
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

215 Views
Message 200 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

I agree that someone gains credibility by admiting certain flaws in one's particular party.  Robot Happy

 

I see this unwillingness on both sides of the aisle and it is very frustrating and imho, one of the main reasons nothing ever gets really solved in this country. Agreed!  And it gives credence to the term, politically biased....it goes on in both sides of the aisle.  But, the far-right is more of a threat to our democracy IMO.

 

LOL and the far right thinks the libs are, so we will have to agree to disagree Smiley Happy

 

It can be a lot of work to try and dig for articles that specifically support a particular point of view, especially when one's point of view is coming from a place of personal values.  I agree.  It's a little easier to post an event/factual news and then say, with what I believe, this is wrong, immorale or whatever.  And then, stick with your values.  IMO, people are a little more understanding of that......but, remember.....it's OK to simply disagree.  It's when some are hypocrits of their own values that they get "pear-shaped".  For example, pointing out that one's views are far from "Christian-like" when they pick and choose when they want to use their religion to defend their position.  Some call this "faux-Christian" values.

 

LOL, don't even get me started on the Christianity subject.  I am a conservative Christian, but I'll have views you'd NEVER suspect and some you would.

 

A personal value example would be illegal immigration.  As in, I think it shouldn't be so easy for illegal entry in to our country.  That is just my personal value.  That's fair.  But most don't think it's easy......have you walked thousands of miles with a young child or two?  You call this easy???  You may recall there was a bi-partisan deal on the table that trump was going to sign, but Stephen Miller stopped it.  Would you agree?

 

I will never believe they actually walked 2,000 miles with a small child.  They HAD to have had help, but yes, I AGREE, a trek like that, help or not, is not easy.  I meant our laws make it easy for them once they get here.  Our immigration laws desperately need to be changed.  I am not familiar with the bi-partisan deal of which you speak.  It seems I've heard the Dems were not willing to come to an agreement, but I have no sources whatsoever, it is just what I heard (probably from my husband who has a better memory than I do).  This will surprise you though, I'm not in favor of a wall.   A wall can both keep people out as well as keep them in.  It smacks of the Berlin Wall and that makes me really nervous.

 

There is a difference between defending a particular policy or position than defending the entire person.  I, for one, agree.  Many would agree with trump had he signed the bi-partisian immigration bill.....but he didn't.  Many agreed with his prison/conviction bill.....which wasn't his, but he signed it.  But it's hard for many to defend a real, boorish jerk.  Who lies as a habit, treats others like dirt, cheats on his wife soon after giving birth to their child, if ever, supports White Nationalism, is a bigot himself.

 

Yeah, he's a real creep.  "Boorish jerk" made me chuckle, very good description Smiley Happy

 

  There are so many shady things associated with the current prez it's not even funny--a lot of these have been discussed in this thread.  I agree.  But your tune seems to have changed too.  I think his "supporters" aren't necessarily pro-DT, but agree with some of his stances on issues. Again, I agree.  Though most don't say so.  Why not agree with those pointing out the downside then?

 

I have agreed, but maybe you weren't specifically referring to me.  As we've agreed, both sides aren't willing to fess up when their party is blatantly wrong, and this is a travesty and makes everything so much worse.

  You sure don't see much if any of that.  That's why the term cultist seems to fit with several.... Again for example would be illegal immigration.  I  ????  I think a lot of his supporters agree with his opposition to illegal immigration.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
215
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.


gamer Regan C.

Top Authors