Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Deny, Divert, Discredit - - Trump's Scandal Playbook

Message 201 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

John:

No one knows for sure as by the record he just left. There are ties between Trump and Epstein, and I would bet between the AG and Epstein. We might know someday.

Barr worked for the law firm that represented Epstein when he was charged in Florida.  It looks bad, I admit.  Epstein had ties to TONS of people, I think he was running a blackmail ring among other nefarious activities.

You in all chances are correct. Time will tell.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 202 of 311

Centristsin:

IMO, that was "disappointing" and speaks volumes when the poster said many times, "I thought that was common knowledge and/or everyone knew that" (something similar).  That's the problem with MANY Fox Viewers.....

Respectfully, I will have to disagree with you strongly on this.  There are some really, really good muckrakers on youtube.  The Corbett Report is a good one, Amazing Polly has done some phenomenal research on Epstein.  There are many others.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 203 of 311

John:

No one knows for sure as by the record he just left. There are ties between Trump and Epstein, and I would bet between the AG and Epstein. We might know someday.

Barr worked for the law firm that represented Epstein when he was charged in Florida.  It looks bad, I admit.  Epstein had ties to TONS of people, I think he was running a blackmail ring among other nefarious activities.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 204 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

.trump promised Mexico was going to pay for the wall and he was going to repeal and\replace the ACA on Day 1....how'd either of those promises work out?  He also said he'd unite the country????  Still waiting.....most say it is more divisive than ever.  No he didn't do either one of those.  Agreed....but many voted for him because of those issues.

A lot of politicians, both right and left, promise to do stuff they don't have the power to do, it's ridiculous, and yet people lap it up like it's truth, it's sad. Yep...agreed!  Most aren't so bright.  But here's the rub......how many are pushing trump to fulfill his promises?  Shouldn't they???

We are more divisive than ever, but I don't blame that solely on Trump. 1.  He promised he would.....   2) He hasn't even bothered to try.....   3)  He constantly blames Obama as if that's going to help.  4) He benefits from being devisive.....his base loves it!    I also blame the propaganda producing msm for stoking the flames.  LOL....another bumper sticker?  It wasn't the msm that made the asinine comments about the 4 Dems.....it wasn't the MSM that made the comments about Baltimore....etc., etc., etc.  Then you have to add in legitimate "things" that happen, all mix together to produce a fire.  Like what, specifically?

ROFLMAO @ what bumper sticker I read today!  That was seriously funny Smiley LOL  Well thank you!  It's appreciated.  I encourage you to not argue in "bumper sticker" speak like "free stuff"....it's not conducive to much useful discussion.  Wouldn't you agree?  NO  LOL it's perfectly appropriate depending on the audience imho, if, and only if, you're speaking to like minded, close-minded people....for example, other "Fox only" viewers. apparently this wasn't the audience  LOL  Yep, there are open-minded people that don't swallow the same propaganda as some.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 205 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

No, I'm not saying that, I'm merely pointing out that I have noticed in myself and others the tendency to kind of turn a blind eye on the sins, or be less receptive to believing accusations, if the accusations tend to fall on someone in one's favored party.  I don't disagree with you, but it sounds like you are saying you and others may not be very objective or open-minded when it comes to their views.  If that's what you are saying, again, I agree.  I don't believe all the garbage thrown at Kavanaugh either.  Do you believe any of it? 

I don't believe any of the accusations against Kavanaugh.  The whole "train" story was ridiculous, I think Ford was not a credible witness, etc.  I just didn't buy any of it.

If so, which part of it?  Is it REALLY an all or none proposition? 

No, it isn't an all or nothing proposition.

If here were a complete liberal would I be so forgiving? ??? I fear I might not be, but I also don't think that's unusual.  It doesn't make it right or morally acceptable though, to my shame.  Sorry.....I'm not sure what you're saying....If Kavanaugh was a liberal would I be more willing to believe the witnesses?  Maybe, perhaps my philosophical orientation is biasing my opinion, but I don't think so/hope not.  If it is, I know I'm not alone in that regard.  That doesn't make it morally acceptable though (not being alone).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 206 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

Seriously, you guys have to read this one, and the picture will blow your mind.....

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/01/wheres-my-roy-cohn-digs-into-one-of-the-20th-centurys-m...

Wonder why this kind of info never made the msm?  Really, you have to look at this picture.

Hate to break the news to you but it  has made the MSM quite some time ago. By the way the Hotel referred to in the story was the deal Trump stole 3 million from NYC by keeping 2 sets of books. They caught him. Roy Cohen was his idol. Trump wanted an Attorney General who would do for him what Roy Cohen did, and that is what Barr does for him. Barr sold his body and soul to Trump his mob boss.

You know Barr's dad is the one who originally hired Epstein at the college he taught at when he was in his 20's.  Or I'm pretty sure it was Barr's dad who hired him.  If I remember correctly, Epstein was hired at the same time Barr's dad was in charge of that college....can't remember the name off hand and am too lazy to look it up.  Fun times, huh?!  LOL

You are correct. Now do you want to bet their are a lot of ties between them. Barrs father left that school quickly to.

Ties between who?  I think Barrs father was fired....

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 207 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

I really hope you're right that they don't all lie.  I'm not up on all the lies attributed to Trump, maybe I just filed them away as he doesn't know what he's talking about, or I didn't think they were lies.  I guess I'd have to know specifics, but even then I'd probably have to investigate further.  It would depend on the specific lie.  Not necessary to provide concrete evidence, I trust you are informed and if you think he lied, you have the back story correct even if you do or don't have the final verdict correct. Well, we can start with the obvious.....

In fact, there isn't much truth in that tirade.....

Here's a list of what many believe are his many fact checked lies and false information.....you can decide for yourself.....no need to take my word for it.  Most would say this is "common knowledge".....

President Trump has made more than 10,000 false or misleading claims

I'm not saying Trump has never lied, I don't know who writes his speeches but there have been several incorrect facts reported when he has spoken.  These don't make him a liar, it makes his speech writers sloppy.  Having said that, I am not saying he has never lied, I haven't looked that closely at it.

He would not be my first choice for leader for a lot of reasons, some the same as yours, others probably different.  That's fair to say.....BUT, if you go back to your 1st post here a day or two ago, the tone is far different.  Don't you agree?

Not necessarily.  I still don't believe there was any collusion between Trump and the Russians to throw the election.  Has Trump lied about stuff? yes and imho he's guilty of several things, but I don't happen to buy in to this particular one, although I will look at the Mueller link you posted (maybe it has something I didn't pick up on when listening to his testimony).  I still think the liberal Dems are destroying our country with the push towards transgenderism, unfettered illegal immigration and late term, partial birth abortion.  If that makes me a closed minded bigot, then I'm proud to be one.

Nice work quoting another.....but try changing the font color or type so your responses stand out......some might find it easier.  Hopefully I got it right this time Smiley Very Happy   You did great!  It's not a matter of "right" or wrong.....just whether it's easy to read what your saying and whom your responding to.....there are a few here who don't like this method, but it does make it easier to read and know what is being said and what it applies to...IMO.

Thanks for "listening"......

Now, about that "free stuff"????

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 208 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

Interesting, I never saw it on the msm, but then I only watch FoxI get my real news on.....do I say it.....youtube  

Image result for sad face gif

LOL

IMO, that was "disappointing" and speaks volumes when the poster said many times, "I thought that was common knowledge and/or everyone knew that" (something similar).  That's the problem with MANY Fox Viewers.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 209 of 311

@SierraWinds wrote:

I agree that someone gains credibility by admiting certain flaws in one's particular party.  Robot Happy

I see this unwillingness on both sides of the aisle and it is very frustrating and imho, one of the main reasons nothing ever gets really solved in this country. Agreed!  And it gives credence to the term, politically biased....it goes on in both sides of the aisle.  But, the far-right is more of a threat to our democracy IMO.

It can be a lot of work to try and dig for articles that specifically support a particular point of view, especially when one's point of view is coming from a place of personal values.  I agree.  It's a little easier to post an event/factual news and then say, with what I believe, this is wrong, immorale or whatever.  And then, stick with your values.  IMO, people are a little more understanding of that......but, remember.....it's OK to simply disagree.  It's when some are hypocrits of their own values that they get "pear-shaped".  For example, pointing out that one's views are far from "Christian-like" when they pick and choose when they want to use their religion to defend their position.  Some call this "faux-Christian" values.

A personal value example would be illegal immigration.  As in, I think it shouldn't be so easy for illegal entry in to our country.  That is just my personal value.  That's fair.  But most don't think it's easy......have you walked thousands of miles with a young child or two?  You call this easy???  You may recall there was a bi-partisan deal on the table that trump was going to sign, but Stephen Miller stopped it.  Would you agree?

There is a difference between defending a particular policy or position than defending the entire person.  I, for one, agree.  Many would agree with trump had he signed the bi-partisian immigration bill.....but he didn't.  Many agreed with his prison/conviction bill.....which wasn't his, but he signed it.  But it's hard for many to defend a real, boorish jerk.  Who lies as a habit, treats others like dirt, cheats on his wife soon after giving birth to their child, if ever, supports White Nationalism, is a bigot himself.  There are so many shady things associated with the current prez it's not even funny--a lot of these have been discussed in this thread.  I agree.  But your tune seems to have changed too.  I think his "supporters" aren't necessarily pro-DT, but agree with some of his stances on issues. Again, I agree.  Though most don't say so.  Why not agree with those pointing out the downside then?  You sure don't see much if any of that.  That's why the term cultist seems to fit with several.... Again for example would be illegal immigration.  I  ????

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 210 of 311

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@SierraWinds wrote:

Interesting, I never saw it on the msm, but then I only watch FoxI get my real news on.....do I say it.....youtube  

Image result for sad face gif

LOL

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors