Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dems ‘afraid’ to transmit ‘shoddy’ articles

Message 21 of 40

Who doesn't know that the mistress of the swamp is playing this for all it's worth? She is politically savvy for sure. However she's in deep doodoo and knows it. 

Above all things... never let them see you sweat. 

President Trump's campaign is gonna make millions and millions off the dems miscues. I can't wait for some of the election memorbilia to come out. Political drama playing into who's hand? 

Stupid dems!

Libs search for the light of day in the dead of night
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 40

Well, "shoddy" or not, Trump has been impeached.  Now Pelosi is back to messing with both him and McConnell. I see LOTS of angry Tweets in our future. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 40

The ones who voted for Hillary who got 2.8 million MORE popular votes are not sad.....She really WON the election which infurates the furher to the point he can't stop insulting her.   SICKO that he is.  .   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 40

McCONNELL is  going to partner with  Trump  ( TRUMP OWNS McCONNELL )   to kill impeachment in order to  allow T RUMP  to invite any foreign power to interfere in our elections,   to subvert the republic.   Because that's where the money is.    \

Nancy   Pelosi said only that she is waiting for the Senate to agree on procedures for a trial, and only then will she send the articles over.  

She said she wants “a fair trial.”  

Republicans at the impeachment trial  (   PLEASE RECALL )  NEVER testified that T RUMP was a good person,  fine character  nothing of that sort of praise.... but they SURE  want to keep their  power...cause  .Trump has been basically good to the  RIPOFF PARTY.       Cut taxes for the rich.    Rolled back Obama's regulatory laws ( for banks that caused our last recession) appointed bushels of conservative judges plus a rock-star Supreme Court Justice (that will put women "in their place" as breeders ).    Don't care about the 10,000 children still separated from parents don't care about Trumps cruel remarks  that gets laughs out of the hyeinas that attend his rallies.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 40

Impeachment stalls until 2020: Hoyer announces no more House votes this year, as Pelosi quotes Shakespeare

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., announced Thursday afternoon that there will be no more House votes until Jan. 7, prompting cheers from his Democratic colleagues in the chamber.

The announcement is confirmation that the House will not approve impeachment managers or send the two articles of impeachment to the Senate until the beginning of the new year.

The decision has drawn the ire of Republicans, who control the Senate where the trial against Trump -- which includes charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress -- will occur.

MCCARTHY MOCKS PELOSI FOR SHOOTING DOWN IMPEACHMENT QUESTIONS FROM REPORTERS

"It’s beyond me how the Speaker and Democratic Leader in the Senate think withholding the articles of impeachment and not sending them over gives them leverage," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told reporters on Thursday. "Frankly, I’m not anxious to have the trial… If she [House Speaker Nancy Pelosi] thinks her case is so weak she doesn’t want to send it over, throw me into that briar patch."

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., met with McConnell Thursday afternoon and told him that Democrats would like to introduce new witnesses and documents in the next phase of the impeachment process.

“Sen. Schumer asked Sen. McConnell to consider Sen. Schumer’s proposal over the holidays because Sen. Schumer and his caucus believe the witnesses and documents are essential to a fair Senate trial,” Justin Goodman, a spokesman for Schumer, said in a statement.

MCCONNELL: 'IMPASSE' OVER TRUMP IMPEACHMENT TRIAL, DEMS HAVE 'COLD FEET'

McConnell, in a statement, called the conversation between him and Schumer "cordial" but said that the two parties remain at an "impasse," accusing Schumer of continuing to "demand a new and different set of rules" for the trial.

Pelosi sent a letter to House Democrats late Thursday calling the previous days' vote "an important day for the Constitution of the United States and a somber day for America."

She also thanked her caucus “for the outstanding moral courage that has been demonstrated, not only yesterday but every day of this prayerful process.”

“We have defended democracy for the people: honoring the vision of our founders for a Republic, the sacrifice of our men and women in uniform to defend it, and the aspirations of our children to live freely within it,” she said.

Signaling unity within her party, Pelosi went on to quote the St. Crispin’s Day Speech, from Shakespeare's "Henry V," best known for using the terminology “band of brothers.”

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother," the quote said in part.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Yep, Nancy Pelosi has gone FULL NUTTER...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 40

At this point Nancy Pelosi is just making me hot.  Too bad she's been married since 1963. Bad for me, I mean. Great for her.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 40

@jimc91 wrote:

Fairness must be in the eyes of the beholder I suppose.  

Like Nancy, Nadler and Schiff's idea of fairness to the Republicans during their sham hearings.  Anyone that watched those committee hearings and really believed them to be fair to both sides is delusional IMHO.  

Nancy runs the House but not the Senate. Separation of powers was and is part of the master plan for a reason.

Those two articles are pretty weak because they contain no credible, tangible, first hand evidence.

They are not weak but strong as they do have first hand evidence from Trump himself, and his chief of Staff who said we do it all the time. You still do not understand the house was the same as the Grand Jury so the defence  does not really take part. The Senate holds the trial and all parties then call and cross exam witnesses. That is what the Dems want, and Moscow Mitch does not. Trump even said he wants a big trial. Lets call all the witnesses and see what they have to say. I would bet it will be the same as what we heard from people in the house, and Trump himself. Glad to see you now support what the Dems want.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 40
  • President Donald Trump is unequivocal: He is innocent, the phone call was "perfect," and the Senate will soon acquit him of the impeachment charges against him.
  • But Democrats are throwing a wrench into Trump's plan.
  • House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic lawmakers may withhold the articles of impeachment from the Republican-led Senate until they get assurances that Trump's trial will be fair to Democrats.
  • Trump and Senate Republicans made a number of public statements on Thursday that signal their apprehensiveness over the possibility.
  • If Democrats decide not to transmit the articles of impeachment, it could deprive Trump of what he wants most: "total and complete exoneration" as he heads into a tough reelection campaign.

Highlights. Read the rest at Business Insider.

From the Fox article: 

Yet, as Pelosi voices concern about a fair trial, McConnell made clear that he wants the Senate to acquit

Methinks Nancy is calling the shots and it's screwing up Mitch's and his daddy's plans..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 40

jimc91:   Separation of powers was and is part of the master plan for a reason.

We have some really dandy "Separation of Powers" in the senate with McConnell planning a senate trial in coordination with the WH. Do conservatives understand that he shouldn't be doing that, and why he shouldn't? Something tells me they don't. LOL

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Dems ‘afraid’ to transmit ‘shoddy’ articles

Message 30 of 40

More hogwash from the Alternate Reality of Trump World where the President blocked the testimony of everyone around him who knew what happened. Only guilty people are afraid of the truth.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors