Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dems Incompetence & Impotence in Barr Hearing

Message 1 of 10

@rker321 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Quite a bit actually..........................

If Confirmed - Barr would become Muellers Boss - Mueller would be required to get Barrs authorization from everything from Subpoena's to potential witnesses etc & the questions become could Trump Pardon people B4 they got Subpoenaed - right after they got supoenaed - could he pardon himself - his children? Dear!!!!!!   and you think that the Democrats don't know that. so what is your solution. erasing Barr?

The Justice Dept. would also have to take a side or not with regard to any litigation that arose from Trumps Pardons

The Constitutions Grants the President the ability to Grant Unconditional Pardons except they cannot be done for illegal intent - such as Obstructing Justice - Quid Quo Pro - I am sure that any of  this will land in the Supreme Court.

For Example Trump can't pardon someone to prevent their testimony against him Dems asked that question and he admitted that it would be a criminal offense.

Barr could defend or bring charges against Trump for anything he or someone else with standing felt was illegal intent - he could file in the form of amicus briefs if someone else litigated against Trump or he could decline to do anything even if others did 

obviously you have very little faith on what this country can do if any of that would happen. I dom't. I know that there would be a lot of court filing and the Supreme Court would have to act.

Yeah you're right - I dont know what came over me...........

We have been doing such a great job handling every crisis that has arisen

From the Kashoggi Murder to disaster response our Country has excelled

From the Pulse Night Club to the Las Vegas Massacre our Country has excelled

From the Midnight Rides of Devin Nunes to Kavanaughs Confirmation our Country has excelled

I'll try to do better

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10
Lol.... y'all like watching something eat it's own young. Please... Stay Calm and Carry On.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

If Confirmed - Barr would become Muellers Boss - Mueller would be required to get Barrs authorization from everything from Subpoena's to potential witnesses etc & the questions become could Trump Pardon people B4 they got Subpoenaed - right after they got supoenaed - could he pardon himself - his children? Dear!!!!!!   and you think that the Democrats don't know that. so what is your solution. erasing Barr?

The Justice Dept. would also have to take a side or not with regard to any litigation that arose from Trumps Pardons

The Constitutions Grants the President the ability to Grant Unconditional Pardons except they cannot be done for illegal intent - such as Obstructing Justice - Quid Quo Pro - I am sure that any of  this will land in the Supreme Court.

For Example Trump can't pardon someone to prevent their testimony against him Dems asked that question and he admitted that it would be a criminal offense.

Barr could defend or bring charges against Trump for anything he or someone else with standing felt was illegal intent - he could file in the form of amicus briefs if someone else litigated against Trump or he could decline to do anything even if others did 

obviously you have very little faith on what this country can do if any of that would happen. I dom't. I know that there would be a lot of court filing and the Supreme Court would have to act.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Pardons?  What does the Attorney General have to do with pardons?  Not sure what you were expecting, Mick.

And, rker, you're right.  He'll be appointed.....was never in doubt, IMO.  He's a good guy with integrity and answered all questions in a manner most Americans can appreciate.....doesn't sound like a puppet.

Barr would be asked to determine intent on many of Trumps pardons

If Confirmed - Barr would become Muellers Boss - Mueller would be required to get Barrs authorization from everything from Subpoena's to potential witnesses etc & the questions become could Trump Pardon people B4 they got Subpoenaed - right after they got supoenaed - could he pardon himself - his children?

The Constitutions Grants the President the ability to Grant Unconditional Pardons except they cannot be done for illegal intent - such as Obstructing Justice - Quid Quo Pro -

For Example Trump can't pardon someone to prevent their testimony against him

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

Pardons?  What does the Attorney General have to do with pardons?  Not sure what you were expecting, Mick.

And, rker, you're right.  He'll be appointed.....was never in doubt, IMO.  He's a good guy with integrity and answered all questions in a manner most Americans can appreciate.....doesn't sound like a puppet.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@rker321 wrote:

I don''t  know what you guys were expecting.  I have looking at this "show"  all day  my opinion is, that they asked the questions that they could and knew the answers advance.

He will get confirmed. The Mueller report will be his report and if you don't like it. sorry about that.

There is little that the Dems can do in the Senate they don't have the votes. so what else did you expect  a scandal?  an spectacle?  

Please,  get real and realize that this whole thing is going to end and unfortunately it will take time. 
If things don't go your way,  sorry. that is the way the cookie crumble.

Well once again - I think some of us are missing the Big Picture

Everyone who at least attempts to stay informed - understands - especially the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee that they have no ability absolutely zero to defeat this Nominee

But they do have a opportuntity to do a few other things - like scoring some direct hits to the Nominee and to the guy who Nominated him - exposing the Hypocrisy of many of Trumps policies & proposals - like this Bogus Wall & it's a opportunity to show the folks at home why they elected you and should re-elect you - OR NOT

I'm focusing on the WHY they should not - re-elect - Incumbents - especially those who cannot even keep track of their own time in a Hearing

Or More Importantly when they allow a Nominee to
Lie

In another Post I sourced a quote from Barr when he worked for Bush and he commented publicly that building additional Walls would be like Putting a Hat on another Hat when you go out - he direrected that quote at Pat Buchanan Republican Running for President who wanted a wall from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico just like Trump

No Democrat called him on that and you would think they had researched to find if he had made any comments regarding Walls in the past

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

I don''t  know what you guys were expecting.  I have looking at this "show"  all day  my opinion is, that they asked the questions that they could and knew the answers advance.

He will get confirmed. The Mueller report will be his report and if you don't like it. sorry about that.

There is little that the Dems can do in the Senate they don't have the votes. so what else did you expect  a scandal?  an spectacle?  

Please,  get real and realize that this whole thing is going to end and unfortunately it will take time. 
If things don't go your way,  sorry. that is the way the cookie crumble.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

But there is just so much more to question him about -

Mueller

marijuana

Mueller

"The" Wall

Mueller

Couse then he brings up Eric Holder's making controversial pardon recommendations – noting that he had actually supported Holder for the job.

He is an ole hand at this - I think.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

With Few Exceptions - Once Again the Democrats are overmatched in a Senate Confirmation Hearing

Barr Shredded Blumenthal

Most of the Democrats cannot Sccinctly Articulate even one of the Points they are trying to make on a issue

They have not after several hours asked Barr about Pardons

Pardons for Trump himself

Pardons for Trump Family

Barr just shut them down on whether he would commit to supporting Mueller if he decided to Subpoena Trump

Barr shut them down on whether he would cede to Justice Dept. Ethics Officials if they recommended he Recuse

Booker & Harris Seemed to get the most out of their time - but these other Democratic Dinosaurs like Bluementhal - Feinstein - Leahy - are inept & unable to comprehend Barrs responses and formulate a understandable cogent rebuttal

All Incumbents Should be Voted out especially when their Limited Congnitive Abilities become so obvious

Feinstein just had to ask Graham if her time ran out - it had

This is the Position & size of Clock in the Senate Judiciary Hearing Room

Senate Hearing Room Clock.png

Source - https://www.google.com/search?q=clock+in+senate+judiciary+hearing&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm...:

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Dems Incompetence & Impotence in Barr Hearing

Message 10 of 10

With Few Exceptions - Once Again the Democrats are overmatched in a Senate Confirmation Hearing

Barr Shredded Blumenthal

Most of the Democrats cannot Sccinctly Articulate even one of the Points they are trying to make on a issue

They have not after several hours asked Barr about Pardons

Pardons for Trump himself

Pardons for Trump Family

Barr just shut them down on whether he would commit to supporting Mueller if he decided to Subpoena Trump

Barr shut them down on whether he would cede to Justice Dept. Ethics Officials if they recommended he Recuse

Booker & Harris Seemed to get the most out of their time - but these other Democratic Dinosaurs like Bluementhal - Feinstein - Leahy - are inept & unable to comprehend Barrs responses and formulate a understandable cogent rebuttal

All Incumbents Should be Voted out especially when their Limited Congnitive Abilities become so obvious

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors