Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Democrats Wanted Comey Fired — Until Tuesday

Message 71 of 120

"Don't you think obama secretly sending pallets of money to Iran .....?  Noooo, obama can do no wrong!

First, President Obama was an excellent President, but just like everyone in the office, he made mistakes. 

Second, "can do no wrong"? I'm LOL, I've never seen a President criticized more than Obama until Trump took office.

Finally, whether one likes it or not, the money belonged to Iran. It was their money! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Democrats Wanted Comey Fired — Until Tuesday

Message 72 of 120

I guess we'll see, since the dems will push this as far as they can go.  Don't you think obama secretly sending pallets of money to Iran and letting terrorist free from Guantanamo, a bit of 'aiding and abetting' the enemy?  Noooo, obama can do no wrong!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 120

C331051c-- i'll bet no one's ever accused him of being an upstanding respectable honest man either.

Critical thinking-- loved your post! This can be debated forever but here's the bottom line, it doesn't make matter one iota if Democrats wanted Comey fired or not. The problem is why he was fired by a very guilty looking orange haired freak who calls himself the president of the United States.

Most thinking people know that the reason behind this is because Comey was getting too close to trump with rdgard to collusion between Trump, his administration, and Russia. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Democrats Wanted Comey Fired — Until Tuesday

Message 74 of 120

Here’s a sampling of Republicans reacting to Trump firing the Director of the FBI (not left wing liberals)

Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) “I’ve spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey’s firing. I just can’t do it.”

Rep. Barbara Comstock (Va.). “I can’t defend or explain tonight’s actions or timing of the firing of FBI Director James Comey. The FBI investigation into the Russian impact on the 2016 election must continue.”

Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) “While the President has the legal authority to remove the Director of the FBI, I am disappointed in the President’s decision to remove James B. Comey from office. James B. Comey is a man of honor and integrity, and he has led the FBI well in extraordinary circumstances.”

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (Fla.) “Today’s extraordinary decision raises many questions all of which must be answered. … It is critical that the FBI can continue all of its pending work with independence and integrity – especially the investigation into the Russian government’s efforts to influence our last election and undermine American democracy. Today I reiterate the need for Congress to establish a Select Committee with full investigatory powers to thoroughly examine this matter.”

Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.) “My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia. The second paragraph of this letter is bizarre.”

Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.)Regardless of how you think Director Comey handled the unprecedented complexities of the 2016 election cycle, the timing of this firing is very troubling. … As the chairman of the Judiciary Committee’s Oversight Subcommittee, I have reached out to the Deputy Attorney General for clarity on his rationale for recommending this action.”

Sen. James Lankford (Okla.) “The issues that our law enforcement, intelligence community and congressional committees deal with each day are very sensitive and have life or death implications. Director Comey has been the public face representing thousands of committed law enforcement officers and civil servants within the intelligence community. In the days ahead, the American people need clarity and deserve an explanation for his immediate firing.”

Sen. Richard Burr (N.C.) “I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee.”

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 120

Nobody ever accused Trump of being a polished politician.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 120

@c331051c wrote:

So do you really think the investigation will stop now that Comey if fired?  Democrats will see to it that this waste of time continues.  After all, working with Trump to make this country better will only make dems look worse?

A waste of time?  You don't think potential treason at the highest levels should be investigated?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 120

@c331051c wrote:

You say MSNBC is too left and FOX too right and then claim Trump is guily as sin.  Who made you judge, jury and executioner? Your left wing bias is obvious as sin!  All reports so far state NO collusion between Trump and Russia.

All reports so far say it is still being investigated.  It is to early to say guilty or innocent, but the more Trump tweets and does weird stuff (like putting in Comey's termination letter how he is innocent), the worse it makes it look for him.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 120

So do you really think the investigation will stop now that Comey if fired?  Democrats will see to it that this waste of time continues.  After all, working with Trump to make this country better will only make dems look worse?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 120

You say MSNBC is too left and FOX too right and then claim Trump is guily as sin.  Who made you judge, jury and executioner? Your left wing bias is obvious as sin!  All reports so far state NO collusion between Trump and Russia.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 120

Chasky-- you have earned Kudo!

I don't watch MSNBC, because it is too biased to the left--I don't watch Fox news because it is too biased to the right.

So to use an example from the MSNBC is just like somebody on the right posting information from Fox. It's too biased and therefore holds little water.

With regard to the idiot in the White House, he's as guilty as sin, and Comey was getting way too close. We must be confident that we have enough moral people left in our government, to continue with this investigation and throw trump and fellow Facists in jail where they belong.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors