Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Democrats Wanted Comey Fired — Until Tuesday

Message 31 of 120

Why do Trump lovers live in an alternate reality? Wake up, many Republicans are also upset with Trump doing his best to destroy the integrity of the Presidency. Here’s a sampling of Republicans reacting to Trump firing the Director of the FBI (not left wing liberals)

Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) “I’ve spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey’s firing. I just can’t do it.”

Rep. Barbara Comstock (Va.). “I can’t defend or explain tonight’s actions or timing of the firing of FBI Director James Comey. The FBI investigation into the Russian impact on the 2016 election must continue.”

Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) “While the President has the legal authority to remove the Director of the FBI, I am disappointed in the President’s decision to remove James B. Comey from office. James B. Comey is a man of honor and integrity, and he has led the FBI well in extraordinary circumstances.”

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (Fla.) “Today’s extraordinary decision raises many questions all of which must be answered. … It is critical that the FBI can continue all of its pending work with independence and integrity – especially the investigation into the Russian government’s efforts to influence our last election and undermine American democracy. Today I reiterate the need for Congress to establish a Select Committee with full investigatory powers to thoroughly examine this matter.”

Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.) “My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia. The second paragraph of this letter is bizarre.”

Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.)Regardless of how you think Director Comey handled the unprecedented complexities of the 2016 election cycle, the timing of this firing is very troubling. … As the chairman of the Judiciary Committee’s Oversight Subcommittee, I have reached out to the Deputy Attorney General for clarity on his rationale for recommending this action.”

Sen. James Lankford (Okla.) “The issues that our law enforcement, intelligence community and congressional committees deal with each day are very sensitive and have life or death implications. Director Comey has been the public face representing thousands of committed law enforcement officers and civil servants within the intelligence community. In the days ahead, the American people need clarity and deserve an explanation for his immediate firing.”

Sen. Richard Burr (N.C.) “I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee.”

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Democrats Wanted Comey Fired — Until Tuesday

Message 32 of 120

All the conjecture and the pure "oh how I hate tRump, or trump, or that idiot", or the rest of it rhetoric does not change the basic truth of the topic title.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 120

sp362--You have pointed out the simple truth that the right refuses to admit. 

Comey's testimoney RE: Clinton in July of 2016 wasn't good.  However, this firing had nothing to do with it. 

If the time span and the predicate to the firings don't make that known, we have many people who would happily buy the Brooklyn Bridge--very gullible, easy marks.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 120

Well, gee. if Trump had told us from the beginning that he was firing the head of the FBI, the only position in DC he did not appoint, for SHOWBOATING(!), we would have totally be behind that. 

Stand by for tomorrow's reason dujour. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 120

@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 5.34.01 PM.png

What you will not acknowledge is that if Trump fired Comey immediately, or within his first few weeks, then nobody could complain about anything.  Now, it looks like what it was, Trump firing the lead person investigating his Administration.  That is the issue.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 120

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 5.34.01 PM.png

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Democrats Wanted Comey Fired — Until Tuesday

Message 37 of 120

Here’s a sampling of Republicans reacting to Trump firing the Director of the FBI (not left wing liberals)

Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) “I’ve spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey’s firing. I just can’t do it.”

Rep. Barbara Comstock (Va.). “I can’t defend or explain tonight’s actions or timing of the firing of FBI Director James Comey. The FBI investigation into the Russian impact on the 2016 election must continue.”

Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) “While the President has the legal authority to remove the Director of the FBI, I am disappointed in the President’s decision to remove James B. Comey from office. James B. Comey is a man of honor and integrity, and he has led the FBI well in extraordinary circumstances.”

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (Fla.) “Today’s extraordinary decision raises many questions all of which must be answered. … It is critical that the FBI can continue all of its pending work with independence and integrity – especially the investigation into the Russian government’s efforts to influence our last election and undermine American democracy. Today I reiterate the need for Congress to establish a Select Committee with full investigatory powers to thoroughly examine this matter.”

Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.) “My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia. The second paragraph of this letter is bizarre.”

Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.)Regardless of how you think Director Comey handled the unprecedented complexities of the 2016 election cycle, the timing of this firing is very troubling. … As the chairman of the Judiciary Committee’s Oversight Subcommittee, I have reached out to the Deputy Attorney General for clarity on his rationale for recommending this action.”

Sen. James Lankford (Okla.) “The issues that our law enforcement, intelligence community and congressional committees deal with each day are very sensitive and have life or death implications. Director Comey has been the public face representing thousands of committed law enforcement officers and civil servants within the intelligence community. In the days ahead, the American people need clarity and deserve an explanation for his immediate firing.”

Sen. Richard Burr (N.C.) “I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee.”

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 120

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Too Funny...  You can't have it both ways Sen Schumer...

btw, Rosenstein is an Obama appointee...  Delicious huh?

Sure is "delicious" Jim.  The White House staff lies, covering trump's butt claiming Comey was fired because of Rosenstein recommendation and because of the way the Clinton investigation was handled.  But now we learn trump, using his OWN words, that trump had already made up his mind and had Rosenstein write-up a justification. trump said yesterday he wanted to put the Russian investigation "behind him".  trump is an idiot, his staff can't keep up with his lies and it's hilarious watching those who would support him if he shot someone, justifying the idiocy.

Let's see...  What crime has been committed here?  

The left is just in MELTDOWN MODE...

Yes, this is TOO FUNNY, the Democrats still cannot believe they LOST the election!

Have a great day!!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 120

Cent--With such ignorance and extreme tunnel vision, it is easy to see how dictators can take over a country. Obviously, those with brains and a clue will continue to speak out and act out by way of peaceful protests until this Facist dictator is removed from the office he has so tarnished. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 120

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

That is not true Tx. This is what pc6063 posted:

"Those who can't, well let me just say this, at least we wern't a laughing stock under his guidance." 

Pc6063 clearly stated that we weren't a laughing stock (granted that 'ween't was misspelled).   When you quoted pc6063, strangely those words in bold were somehow changed. Why is that Tx?

--

You might note that she also went back and edited her post.  When I reply to someone I quote their post verbatim.  No you don't!  You "quote" only that which you want to quote and ignore the rest.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors