Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Democrats Have Zero Tolerance For Illegal Immigration Solutions

Message 1 of 22

"So, please tell us why with Trump in the WH and GOP controlling congress why haven't they done anything? What's stopping them? They had no trouble coddling the 1% with a deficit busting tax cut, and they can always find time to shred the safety net, so what's up with doing nothing about immigration?"

I think Trump and the Republicans felt they had a "lot on their plate" at the time while the caravans were heading to the border. It was not a priority.

I guess the White House felt they would stop them at the border, hold them (lock them up) and go through procedures. Not a big deal, they thought. 
Things turned bad for Trump and Co. when ProPublica, an American nonprofit online news source, obtained and posted online the audio of the children-in-detention crying “mommy” and “papa”. For many people it became an emotional issue - especially women/mothers.

Shortly after it went viral on the internet, the major media networks picked it up. At that point it became America's top story.

This sort of reminds me of Hurricane Katrina. We watched the videos of many people on roof tops with sheets reading "Help", dead bodies floating in rivers, and people suffering throughout the area. Then we heard George Bush say "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job". That showed a lack of empathy. This story too, comes across as a lack of empathy towards children.

Just a thought -- Hurricane Katrina happened in August, 2005. Republicans had control of Congress and the presidency.
November, 2006 — Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid lead the Democratic Party in taking control of both the House and the Senate in the congressional elections, the first time in 12 years the Democrats secure control of both houses of Congress simultaneously. In 2008 Dems won the presidency.

Katrina...

katrina3.jpg

America's Southern Border....

detention1.JPG

children detention.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

jimc91: 

The charade is over. Senator Chuck Schumer just proved that he’s using illegal-immigrant children as pawns to score political points rather than actually solve the longstanding border crisis.

So, please tell us why with Trump in the WH and GOP controlling congress why haven't they done anything? What's stopping them? They had no trouble coddling the 1% with a deficit busting tax cut, and they can always find time to shred the safety net, so what's up with doing nothing about immigration? Lol

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

To trump supporters...

Way too much fox news.

Way too much too much right wing 

commentary. 

Way too many racist and white supremist views.

Way too much trump kool aid being consumed. 

Way too many lies. 

May all of us do some soul searching and have a sense of honesty. 

Where do we really stand?

Truth or consequences.

Who are we?

be honest about your stance!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

Yes, the left wing news media has done a "number" on the what you call the average voter that does not care that we have immigration laws.

That's true. Strong media coverage on this, too. Mostly showing videos and audios of kids-cages-crying. 

This is more damaging to Trump and Co. than Puerto Rico, G-7, Stormy Daniels or anything else I can think of. We'll know for sure when we see the new Poll Numbers of Trump. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22
gordyfl posted..

This whole immigration children-detention has been a public relations disaster for Trump and the Republicans.

The average voter doesn't have to know the details. They saw images of children crying in cages. This will almost certainly hurt the Republicans in November.

The Web, FaceBook, Emails - everywhere there are images of children locked up and crying. That goes a long way.

It's not like Trump and Co. didn't see this coming. There were those caravans heading to the borders weeks ago.

Democrats don't really have to do anything. That's one of the advantages of being the minority party.

I think Trump's Executive Order is probably too little too late.

=============================

Yes, the left wing news media has done a "number" on the what you call the average voter that does not care that we have immigration laws.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

Jim   get real and  please come up with posts that make sense and that are credible. you are a  big boy now.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

This whole immigration children-detention has been a public relations disaster for Trump and the Republicans.

The average voter doesn't have to know the details. They saw images of children crying in cages. This will almost certainly hurt the Republicans in November. 

The Web, FaceBook, Emails - everywhere there are images of children locked up and crying. That goes a long way.

It's not like Trump and Co. didn't see this coming. There were those caravans heading to the borders weeks ago.

Democrats don't really have to do anything. That's one of the advantages of being the minority party.

I think Trump's Executive Order is probably too little too late.

trump name children.jpg

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 22

jimc91: You see what is going on? Democrats are fake. They want open borders. The left-wing party isn’t what it was just 15 years ago. They have pandered to groups that hate America and its values. They are radically un-American now. A surefire way to change the country is through open borders. However, it is not politically wise to openly voice that right now.

Imax would kill for projection like this. Hilarious.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Olderscout66, President Trump just ripped the mask of the democrats...  All the dems want is open borders.  The American people do not want open borders.  The November election will reflect the will of the American people...

No jim, all Trump exposed was the overt racism of himself and the Republican Party.

When did "Illegal Aliens" become a race?

Your hatred for the President seems to be clouding your thought process.  

The Trump administration is simply enforcing the current laws.  

Consider applying pressure to your congress people to do their job and fix the laws that are on the books.  You and the left are attempting to lay this at the feet of the Executive Branch, that is just flawed thinking.  This problem was created by the Congress so it needs to be fixed by the Congress.  

Please tell me you do understand how the three branches of Government work...

I love this "illegal aliens are not a race" routine. I do not see ANY suggestions for a wall on the border where mostly white people live. 

Perhaps you have some thoughts of what I said.  Should this problem be solved by the President or by the Congress?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

@jimc91 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Olderscout66, President Trump just ripped the mask of the democrats...  All the dems want is open borders.  The American people do not want open borders.  The November election will reflect the will of the American people...

No jim, all Trump exposed was the overt racism of himself and the Republican Party.

When did "Illegal Aliens" become a race?

Your hatred for the President seems to be clouding your thought process.  

The Trump administration is simply enforcing the current laws.  

Consider applying pressure to your congress people to do their job and fix the laws that are on the books.  You and the left are attempting to lay this at the feet of the Executive Branch, that is just flawed thinking.  This problem was created by the Congress so it needs to be fixed by the Congress.  

Please tell me you do understand how the three branches of Government work...

I love this "illegal aliens are not a race" routine. I do not see ANY suggestions for a wall on the border where mostly white people live. 

Kudos
Views