Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Democrats: Citizenship Means Nothing...

Message 31 of 75

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.39.20 PM.png

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 75

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:   Who turned up the volume on the propagand machine the last few days? Is Trump in that much trouble with the American people?

I think Trump knows he's in trouble so the plan is to open the fire hose of nonsense. It works on those susceptible to that craziness, but is just background noise to everyone else. Won't be long before he makes daily appearances in the Rose Garden where he works himself into a red faced, shouting rage.

...after which he will throw himself on the ground and chew the turf in his final descent into Fuhrerdom.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 75

@jimc91 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I see the Republicans are pressing Pence for answers on Trump's "Go back where you came from " comments to four American citizens of color. This is shaping up to be one of the defining memes of the 2020 elections. 

@Richva , Why does the left use the race card for everything they don't like?

Don't you think it may be diminishing its real meaning when it is used in such a generic way?  

Immigrants is NOT a race of people...  

Just sain'

Sadly with Trump who is a White Nationalist and racist always acts as one, and those  actions destroy everything, and everybody he touches. The bigger question is how can any real American support him in any way shape or form. A group did a compare between Trump and G. Wallace   in what they said. They said the same thing only Trump was worse. See what the author of one of his books said on TV just a few days ago about how Trump views Blacks, and how Trump views Jews. Trump and Hitler one in the same.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 75

@Richva wrote:

I see the Republicans are pressing Pence for answers on Trump's "Go back where you came from " comments to four American citizens of color. This is shaping up to be one of the defining memes of the 2020 elections. 

@Richva , Why does the left use the race card for everything they don't like?

Don't you think it may be diminishing its real meaning when it is used in such a generic way?  

Immigrants is NOT a race of people...  

Just sain'

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 75

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 75

@jimc91 

Why should immigrants who want to be citizens be expected to understand the rule of law when trump himself disobeys it and undermines it. 

And as far as allegiance to our Country, 

will repubs teach them how to choose party over Country?

I wonder how many trump supporters could pass a citizen test that repubs expect immigrants to pass!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

I have a tip for future immigrants to the USA that want to be citizens...  

Before you decide to apply for Citizenship research the term assimilate and be sure you understand what it means for you as a citizen of America. (USA).  After you have that understanding and are willing to put forth the effort to assimilate into our country and pledge your allegence to our flag, anthem, culture, and the laws of our land, please apply.

Current American citizens' expect it (assimilation) from new citizens and it goes with out saying, if you are unwilling to assimilate into our country and embrace our culture do yourself and me a favor and don't come here with the expectation of Citizenship.  

IMO of course...

So brown people coming here should take skin treatments and make themselves white, they should change their religious beliefs, they should not wear scarfs on their heads, they should praise the racist and xenophobic in the White house,.

Assimilation is what the Borgs did in Star Trek. America is not a country of the Borg.  Thank goodness.

Why is the left so dishonest?  Why does the left constantly play the "Race Card"?  The left has played the race card so much they have diminished the true meaning of it.

NEWSFLASH:  Immigrants are not a race of people.

Why would anyone of sound mind want to become a citizen of a country they are not willing to assimilate into with great pleasure?  One answer could be to infiltrate...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 75

@jimc91 wrote:

Before you decide to apply for Citizenship research the term assimilate and be sure you understand what it means for you as a citizen of America. (USA).  After you have that understanding and are willing to put forth the effort to assimilate into our country and pledge your allegence to our flag, anthem, culture, and the laws of our land, please apply.

Current American citizens' expect it (assimilation) from new citizens and it goes with out saying, if you are unwilling to assimilate into our country and embrace our culture do yourself and me a favor and don't come here with the expectation of Citizenship.  

IMO of course...

So brown people coming here should take skin treatments and make themselves white, they should change their religious beliefs, they should not wear scarfs on their heads, they should praise the racist and xenophobic in the White house,.

Assimilation is what the Borgs did in Star Trek. America is not a country of the Borg.  Thank goodness.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 75

IMO of course...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 75

@Panjandrum wrote:

I know this doesn't really belong here, but if anyone wants a quick break from politics this is amazing to see. It's the live feed of salmon at Brook's Falls Alaska and the brown bears that catch them. The salmon are in the thousands today.

Thank you, Panjandrum.  I've seen this, too, and love watching all the outdoors beauty in our world.  Maybe we should all take turns posting something nice each day that isn't political at all.  See, we do have something in common.

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”    Mother Teresa

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors