Honored Social Butterfly

Democrats Are Suddenly Okay With Voting For A Man Accused Of Rape

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/07/democrats-are-suddenly-okay-with-voting-for-a-man-accused-of-ra...

Yesterday in a New York Times column Linda Hirshman said she believes Tara Reade, but she’s going to vote for Joe Biden anyway because anything is better than Donald Trump.

That is to say, she believes Biden sexually assaulted Reade in a locker room when Reade worked on his Senate staff years ago. It’s nonsense at this point to try to discount or denigrate every new corroborating witness who comes forward to bolster Reade’s claim, Hirshman says. The accusation of sexual assault against Biden is credible, period.

Therefore, supporting Biden, she says, is “agonizingly hard for me to do.” But it must be done because Trump is “the worst president in the history of the Republic.” Plus, compared with the good Biden can do, “the cost of dismissing Tara Reade—and, worse, weakening the voices of future survivors—is worth it.”

A presidential election is a binary choice, and sometimes you have to bite the bullet and make a utilitarian calculation. Sometimes you have to say to yourself, “I don’t care what he did, I don’t care that he’s a moral degenerate and a narcissist and a liar, it’s better than the alternative.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY Times ...it used to be a paper that had Journalists..now they have Trump hating opinions from people that claim they are Journalists.

Same for the Washington Post!

They are twisting the minds of people into Trump haters..l see it everyday on this board. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have every intention to (and will) vote for Joseph Biden come November. 

Better to vote for a man falsely accused  than to continue with a rat who see this country and it's citizens as nothing more than his private stash of cheese.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump doesn't respect women.

I don't think you'd want a man who's 50-100 pounds heavier than you grabbing your genitalia just because he can.   Because this is NOT respect.  This is sexual assault.   

This is not how you get women to like you.

This is not how you get a date.

This is not your right. 

This is not your body. 

This is not your property.

Honored Social Butterfly

I am OK with accused. Especially with all the really whack job information coming out about the accuser and her path to present day. NOW, if he had tried to stop the accuser in the courts, called her "too ugly to fool around with",  bought her story from the magazine before it could be published.............THEN I would not vote for him. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2said,

"Yesterday in a New York Times column Linda Hirshman said she believes Tara Reade, but she’s going to vote for Joe Biden anyway because anything is better than Donald Trump."

Unlike Ms. Hirshman, I'm not as convinced of Ms. Reade's truthfulness and I am more inclined to believe in former Vice President Biden's innocence.  However, despite the fact that our opinions of the accused and the accuser do not jive, I do wholeheartedly agree that voting for Joseph Biden is by far the better choice when presented with the dreadful thought of another four years of the failed Mr.Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

Yesterday in a New York Times column Linda Hirshman said she believes Tara Reade, but she’s going to vote for Joe Biden anyway because anything is better than Donald Trump.

=========================

NY Times. Figures. They are twisting the minds of people into Trump haters..l see it everyday on this board.

Reminds me of Bill Clinton and what he did when he was our President. Bill is one of the most admired President.

Trump as our President, unlike Clinton has treated women with respect.

Poll: Bill Clinton Most Admired President Over Past 25 Yearswww.nbcnews.com › politics › first-read › poll-bill-clin...
Jun 15, 2014 - Bill Clinton is the most admired president over the last 25 years, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg Survey.

It shows were our (mostly Democrats as they idolize Clinton) moral values have gone.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2:Trump as our President, unlike Clinton has treated women with respect.

Just when I think I've heard it all. 😳

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 

trump has treated women with respect!

What planet did that news come from. 
And who accused Biden of rape?

And you do realize the 22 women have accused trump of sexual charges, or do they not exist?

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 

williamb39198

Certainly not this one.

On January 21, 2017, in 60 countries and on seven continents across the world, women marched against this one man.

To not be aware of that PROTEST event, is in itself extremely disrespectful.  

Honored Social Butterfly

76 Views Message 3 of 10
‎05-08-2020 10:29 PM
@KidBoy2

williamb39198

Oceanflower poste..
Certainly not this one.

On January 21, 2017, in 60 countries and on seven continents across the world, women marched against this one man.

To not be aware of that PROTEST event, is in itself extremely disrespectful.

======================================================

OK This is what I posted...
"Trump as our President, unlike Clinton has treated women with respect."

What I was saying ..Trump as our President, unlike Clinton has treated women with respect.

While Trump has been President has treated women with respect.

Oceanflower posted this as a fact..."On January 21, 2017, in 60 countries and on seven continents across the world, women marched against this one man." Making things up? If not explain ..please.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2 wrote:

myexper reply in blue:

OK This is what I posted...
"Trump as our President, unlike Clinton has treated women with respect."

Not when he continually insults women .... especially women in power like Michigan's Governor Gretchen Whitmer who he recently trashed along with the Ambassador to Ukraine.

And recall how he disgustingly insulted women he disagreed with by referring to "their bleeding"!

What I was saying ..Trump as our President, unlike Clinton has treated women with respect.

And that's complete fantasy .... as pointed out above!

While Trump has been President has treated women with respect.

Same repetitive fantasy KidBoy2. No matter how many times you repeat it ... it's still BOGUS!!!

Oceanflower posted this as a fact..."On January 21, 2017, in 60 countries and on seven continents across the world, women marched against this one man." Making things up? If not explain ..please.

The protest did in fact happen KidBoy2  ....as All informed people well know!!!

And in Washington, the protest brought our more people than Trump's dismal inauguration the DAY BEFORE!!!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm okay with Joe because the alleged incident NEVER HAPPENED.

Joe asked the Senate to make the record of complaints from that time opened to investigators, but the REPUBLICAN in charge of such things said NO. Why would he do that if there was a ghost of a chance it could work against Joe?

GOPerBots are 100% okay with tRump refusing to provide DNA to clear himself of RAPE charges against him and blissfully ignore the 24 OTHER charges of sexual ASSAULT, not misconduct, now pending against their Toad. I guess Republicans want to be "a star" just like donny and be allowed to grab whatever wussy strikes their interest whenever and where ever.

Did GOPerBots not listen to the tape? The Women's March was a worldwide protest on January 21, 2017, the day after the inauguration of  The Toad as POTUS. Tensions rose due to his statements, considered by many as anti-women or otherwise offensive. It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history

Did Fox not report it?

Honored Social Butterfly

The Federalist accusing someone of rape????

The Federalist advocates child molestation!!!!

As they have also advocated older men to have sex with young girls ... they are actually promoting statutory RAPE!!!

To now pretend concern for an unproven bogus accusation against Biden falsely claiming "rape" is colossal hypocrisy!!!!

The Federalist is a highly biased right wing conservative rag with no credibility!!!

And its articles that promoted child molestation and statutory rape render the publication a smoldering pile of manure!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper 

A great point! And just to extend the hypocrisy even further, trump supporters are okay with supporting trump, who has a long list of assault, groping, and paying off women to hide his actions...

real angel isn’t he!

And trump supporters seem to disappear when accusations against trump are brought up...what’s fair for one is fair for all. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png