Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Democrats Are Commiting Suicide By Favoring Migrants

Message 1 of 24

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
here ya go rk....
"Democrats in 2017, in general, tend to criticize the use of immigration enforcement, and tend to side with those accused of violating immigration law, as a broad matter of principle beyond opposing the particular actions of the administration … Democrats are no longer as willing to attack “illegal immigration” as a fundamental problem anymore.

my comment..false.

I believe that is basically the writer's point as to a problem for the Democratic Party getting votes.

Re: "my comment..false" - what is "false" that the people do not agree with the Dems?

your distractions today are quite..interesting. .

Divert - distract - hey look over there - what about that shiny object...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 24

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
here ya go rk....
"Democrats in 2017, in general, tend to criticize the use of immigration enforcement, and tend to side with those accused of violating immigration law, as a broad matter of principle beyond opposing the particular actions of the administration … Democrats are no longer as willing to attack “illegal immigration” as a fundamental problem anymore.

my comment..false.

I believe that is basically the writer's point as to a problem for the Democratic Party getting votes.

Re: "my comment..false" - what is "false" that the people do not agree with the Dems?

your distractions today are quite..interesting. .

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 24

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

It is really nice of you to worry about the future of the Democratic party but we generally don't take advice from people who have a total incompetent as their leader. Sorry. 

Andrew Sullivan is a Brit. Are you saying that Theresa May is "total incompetent"?

No no. I was continuing to talk about Donald Trump. The supreme incompetent in this country. 

The article containing the advice you (or "we") reject was written by Andrew Sullivan, not President Trump.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 24

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

It is really nice of you to worry about the future of the Democratic party but we generally don't take advice from people who have a total incompetent as their leader. Sorry. 

Andrew Sullivan is a Brit. Are you saying that Theresa May is "total incompetent"?

No no. I was continuing to talk about Donald Trump. The supreme incompetent in this country. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 24

@MIseker wrote:
here ya go rk....

my comment..false.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 24

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, jf, you tried. That could have lead to stimulating discussion if those not agreeing had offered their alternate views. But typically, 1) question the source; 2) "cutesy" snark; 3) "Yeah me too" rewarded with a pat on the head (kudo).

I guess we have to learn to stick to topics with all the intellectual depth of giving the President the finger - a strange standard for a supposed adult discussion board.

everyone has an opinion..most ,  including mine, are more interesting with facts or some of the posters own comments tossed in.an opinion on an opinion. which on Fox is considered news. maybe thats why no reply.

O.K. let's add 4) '"Fox".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 24

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 24

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, jf, you tried. That could have lead to stimulating discussion if those not agreeing had offered their alternate views. But typically, 1) question the source; 2) "cutesy" snark; 3) "Yeah me too" rewarded with a pat on the head (kudo).

I guess we have to learn to stick to topics with all the intellectual depth of giving the President the finger - a strange standard for a supposed adult discussion board.

That's off topic from an entirely different post.

However, since you brought it up - I'll address it.

Haven't you said you respect and follow the Constitution?

Giving the president the middle finger is every single bit as much Constitutionally protected Symbolic Free Speech as is burning the flag or kneeling when the national anthem is played.

Question - is it Constitutionally permitted to give the flag the middle finger?

Answer - yes it definitely is Constitutionally Protected Symbolic Free Speech.

The Constitution grants EVERYBODY - even non-citizens - the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights - to do those above mentioned things - and more...

As for the finger - it is deployed by all age groups - not limited to a single age group - or sex - there have been groups of women in their seventies and eighties and nineties photographed giving the president the bird - from Nixon on...

Respect must be earned - trump has plainly failed to earn the female cyclist's respect - that's HIS shortcoming - not hers.

By all means - do continue this kind of comic relief - it is enjoyed...

Comic relief indeed !!!

With an approval rate of 38%, the lowest a president has had at this length of time in office, one of minimal intelligence should fully expect that many will exercise their constitutional right to criticise the president with hand gestures and such. I advise they should be careful, Trump could get turned on by 'hand gestures'.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 24

@jfpinlvn wrote:

From the New Yorker:

This is, to be blunt, political suicide. The Democrats’ current position seems to be that the Dreamer parents who broke the law are near heroes, indistinguishable from the children they brought with them; and their rhetoric is very hard to distinguish, certainly for most swing voters, from a belief in open borders. In fact, the Democrats increasingly seem to suggest that any kind of distinction between citizens and noncitizens is somehow racist. You could see this at the last convention, when an entire evening was dedicated to Latinos, illegal and legal, as if the rule of law were largely irrelevant. Hence the euphemism “undocumented” rather than “illegal.” So the stage was built, lit, and set for Trump.

He still tragically owns that stage. What Merkel did for the AfD, the Democrats are in danger of doing for the Trump wing of the GOP. The most powerful thing Trump said in the campaign, I’d argue, was: “If you don’t have borders, you don’t have a country.” And the Democrats had no answer, something that millions of Americans immediately saw. They still formally favor enforcement of immigration laws, but rhetorically, they keep signaling the opposite. Here is Dylan Matthews, also in Vox, expressing the emerging liberal consensus: “Personally, I think any center-left party worth its salt has to be deeply committed to egalitarianism, not just for people born in the U.S. but for everyone … It means treating people born outside the U.S. as equals … And it means a strong presumption in favor of open immigration.” Here’s Zack Beauchamp, a liberal friend of mine: “What if I told you that immigration restrictionism is and always has been racist?” Borders themselves are racist? Seriously?

The entire concept of a nation whose citizens solely determine its future — the core foundation for any viable democracy at all — is now deemed by many left-liberals to be a function of bigotry. This is the kind of madness that could keep them from power indefinitely."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/10/the-issue-that-could-lose-the-next-election-for-democra...

pssssst.. your topic is about migrants..your article is about immigrants.If you need to know the difference msg me.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 24

@rk9152 wrote:

That's off topic from an entirely different post.

However, since you brought it up - I'll address it.

Haven't you said you respect and follow the Constitution?

Giving the president the middle finger is every single bit as much Constitutionally protected Symbolic Free Speech as is burning the flag or kneeling when the national anthem is played.

Question - is it Constitutionally permitted to give the flag the middle finger?

Answer - yes it definitely is Constitutionally Protected Symbolic Free Speech.

The Constitution grants EVERYBODY - even non-citizens - the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights - to do those above mentioned things - and more...

As for the finger - it is deployed by all age groups - not limited to a single age group - or sex - there have been groups of women in their seventies and eighties and nineties photographed giving the president the bird - from Nixon on...

Respect must be earned - trump has plainly failed to earn the female cyclist's respect - that's HIS shortcoming - not hers.

By all means - do continue this kind of comic relief - it is enjoyed...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors