Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Democratic Leadership Wimps Out Re: Omar Attack

Message 21 of 32

@MaVolta wrote:

But wait . . . they DID speak out . . . 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/politics/nancy-pelosi-ilhan-omar-trump-9-11/index.html?utm_source=CNN...

You Don;t Ask Those Accused of Raping Someone if it was Rape

You ask the Person Who Was Raped!

When someone simply asks a Legitimate Question About - How Come American Tax Payers Give So Much Money To Israel & Israel Gives So Much Money To Democratic Candidates running for Re-election - Liberals Heads Explode With Irrational Claims of Anti-semitism

But When A Muslim Elected To Congress by the American People is Villified and Receives Thousands of Legitimate Death Threats Sponsored by Trump & Trump TV - Crickets

Rashida Tlaib Slams Democrats For Silence On Trump’s Islamophobic Attacks On Ilhan Omar

The Michigan congresswoman has a message for Democratic leaders: Don’t celebrate diversity while ignoring Islamophobia.

Here is the REAL Democratic Party Line  On Muslims - it's the same as it is on Blacks

Trot out the Token Blacks Around Election Time - Use the Muslims as a Prop for Democrats Inclusive Diversity

It's all a Lie - Honorable Individuals come to a persons defense when it's Difficult and Controversial

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) offered harsh criticism to some of her Democratic colleagues on Saturday over their silence on the recent attacks aimed at Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) who, like Tlaib, is Muslim.

“They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse,” Tlaib tweeted Saturday.

“However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored.”

Source - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rashida-tlaib-democrats-silence-omar_n_5cb24255e4b0ffefe3b13c25

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 32
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

This Photo is why Trump and the Trump Zealots Do Not Like Ilhan Omar - She Looks Different - She Speaks Differently

Another INSTANCE of a lefty projecting his/her/it's bias. It is not WE on the right that obsess over such issues.

Lefty?

Ask the Die Hard Democrats on this Forum if I'm one of them

Both sides consider me nothing more than  just a Troll - because Partisans have No Objectivity

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 32

image_36c428cfb2ae11a29cc89383182a90c02f27eb59.pngshe's a joke..... so

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 32

Actually .............. it's a darn shame that there is so much bigotry, hate and fear for Muslims in in our electorate that the Democrats are afraid to stand up for Representative Ilhan Omar for fear of political fallout.

This is yet another example of how misguided hate, fear and bigotry are an ill that rots away the fabric of our free nation.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 32

@mickstuder wrote:

This Photo is why Trump and the Trump Zealots Do Not Like Ilhan Omar - She Looks Different - She Speaks Differently

Another INSTANCE of a lefty projecting his/her/it's bias. It is not WE on the right that obsess over such issues.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 32

@JANMB wrote:

I think Omar's criticisms    came at the wrong time  as communities cope with recent anti-Semitic attacks.      Was quoted as saying     “I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”
Omar denied that she had questioned American Jews’ allegiance to the United States, saying that she objected to something different,   

The  head of the Anti-Defamation League, Jonathan Greenblatt,   urged Trump  “to avoid language that leads people to believe Jews aren’t loyal Americans.”    Trump at RJC keeps talking about "some of your people" and "many of your people" when discussing business and tariffs which, apparently, Jews somehow have a special interest in..   

MEANWHILE on main street people are concerned about healthcare and wages with prices going up.    But the MEDIA loves scandal and if we never heard of Omar before....didn't even KNOW she existed...it wasn't til the MEDIA found something of interest to THEM. to write about and that's not fake news.      

Omar is a American Citizen - She Has The Same 1st Ammendment Rights As Every Other American - For Example she has the same rights as Trump - as far as her Comments about Jews -

Why is this Stuff excused - Trump Speaking to the  American Jews in Las Vegas & in the past in NYC

Trump quoted criticism of a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” 

Trump spoke to members of the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas Saturday and seemed to suggest that Jews and Israelis are one and the same. “I stood with your prime minister at the White House to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights,” Trump said referring to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

In the same Speech - He then went on to warn that if Democrats were to be successful their “radical agenda could very well leave Israel out there all by yourselves.” 

OMAR WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

This Photo is why Trump and the Trump Zealots Do Not Like Ilhan Omar - She Looks Different - She Speaks Differently & Like Most of the Democratic Freshman with the Exception of that Pelosi Sycophant Max Rose from NYC - She is not a Tool & Puppet of the Democratic Machine & She Is Also A Very Intelligent Woman Although I Really Fear For Her Safety

omar.png

Source - https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/04/trump-republican-jewish-coalition-netanyahu-your-prime-m...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 32

I think Omar's criticisms    came at the wrong time  as communities cope with recent anti-Semitic attacks.      Was quoted as saying     “I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”
Omar denied that she had questioned American Jews’ allegiance to the United States, saying that she objected to something different,   

The  head of the Anti-Defamation League, Jonathan Greenblatt,   urged Trump  “to avoid language that leads people to believe Jews aren’t loyal Americans.”    Trump at RJC keeps talking about "some of your people" and "many of your people" when discussing business and tariffs which, apparently, Jews somehow have a special interest in..   

MEANWHILE on main street people are concerned about healthcare and wages with prices going up.    But the MEDIA loves scandal and if we never heard of Omar before....didn't even KNOW she existed...it wasn't til the MEDIA found something of interest to THEM. to write about and that's not fake news.      

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

As members of the GOP perpetuate anti-Muslim harassment toward the congresswoman, Democratic leadership has been eerily silent.

President Donald Trump used Twitter to target Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Friday for remarks she made during a speech on Muslim civil rights last month.

Trump tweeted an incendiary video that took clips from the speech out of context and interlaced them with news footage of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The tweet text accompanying the video read, “WE WILL NEVER FORGET.”

The video came a day after the New York Post published an ethically questionable and widely criticized cover featuring a quote by Omar across an image of the twin towers as they burned.

This week’s attacks are the latest example of unchecked Islamophobia faced by Omar ― as well as the impossible standards Muslim-American politicians are held to and the little nuance granted to them. Ever since she was sworn in earlier this year, Omar, the first hijab-wearing black Muslim congresswoman, has endured an onslaught of bad-faith attacks from the GOP and its allies.  

In addition, her Democratic colleagues have mostly been tepid in their support

While the GOP and right-wing media continue to target Omar, America has watched the congresswoman navigate her new position with little support from her own party. Indeed, most Democratic congressional leaders have been eerily silent, helping normalize Islamophobia from the highest levels of government.

Just last month, politicians from both sides of the aisle accused Omar of anti-Semitism in response to comments she made about the pro-Israel lobby ― which many advocates have argued were misinterpreted in bad faith. Top Democrats, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler and many others have all sharply criticized their colleague for her statements.

DEMOCRATS R WIMPS

Source - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/latest-attacks-on-ilhan-omar-prove-that-anti-musli/hate-isnt-a-partis...

Or perhaps they are astute enough to not associate themselves with her disgusting words.

Some people have to be concerned about the perception of the voters while others only have to be worried about the garbage can tipping Os.

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

As members of the GOP perpetuate anti-Muslim harassment toward the congresswoman, Democratic leadership has been eerily silent.

President Donald Trump used Twitter to target Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Friday for remarks she made during a speech on Muslim civil rights last month.

Trump tweeted an incendiary video that took clips from the speech out of context and interlaced them with news footage of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The tweet text accompanying the video read, “WE WILL NEVER FORGET.”

The video came a day after the New York Post published an ethically questionable and widely criticized cover featuring a quote by Omar across an image of the twin towers as they burned.

This week’s attacks are the latest example of unchecked Islamophobia faced by Omar ― as well as the impossible standards Muslim-American politicians are held to and the little nuance granted to them. Ever since she was sworn in earlier this year, Omar, the first hijab-wearing black Muslim congresswoman, has endured an onslaught of bad-faith attacks from the GOP and its allies.  

In addition, her Democratic colleagues have mostly been tepid in their support

While the GOP and right-wing media continue to target Omar, America has watched the congresswoman navigate her new position with little support from her own party. Indeed, most Democratic congressional leaders have been eerily silent, helping normalize Islamophobia from the highest levels of government.

Just last month, politicians from both sides of the aisle accused Omar of anti-Semitism in response to comments she made about the pro-Israel lobby ― which many advocates have argued were misinterpreted in bad faith. Top Democrats, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler and many others have all sharply criticized their colleague for her statements.

DEMOCRATS R WIMPS

Source - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/latest-attacks-on-ilhan-omar-prove-that-anti-musli/hate-isnt-a-partis...

Or perhaps they are astute enough to not associate themselves with her disgusting words.

Some people have to be concerned about the perception of the voters while others only have to be worried about the garbage can tipping Os.

Yeah Bingo - We Have A Winner - "Some People" - Are Way To Worried About The Perception of Voters .......

In fact I live my life everyday not based on what my Personal Values are - but on how those around me may perceive it

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 32

Mick, have to agree with you on this, or at least it leaves me scratching my head some. The Dem support is certainly lacking. And some of the responses have been freedom caucus worthy, too quick and lacking good info. And fox, trump and repubs are treating Omar and AOC as the new boogey people to continually hammer on. 

I do think that what Omar said was taken out of context, and also is counter acted by her co-sponsoring the aid package to be funded for those emergency personnel who were affected  by 911.

And remember trump saying that he watched thousands of Muslims celebrating the towers coming down and he personally knew hundreds who perished!...who’s kidding who?

He certainly lied and showed his real lack of compassion!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors