Keep yourself safe from scams with AARP’s free, two-part webinar Feb. 5 and Feb. 7. Sign up today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Democrat party possible candidates in 2020

Message 1 of 12

Looks like Harris is the front runner right now.  She "checks" a lot of boxes for the democrats.

I've pretty much eliminated Kamala Harris as a candidate I'll vote for. With 20 candidates in the field, there must be someone more to my liking.

I admit, I don't know much about her or most of the other candidates, but by what little I've seen, I'm looking elsewhere.

I don't like how she substitutes "commander in chief" instead of "president", and when I hear the words like "I'll keep you safe", for me, red flags go off. 

Another reason - when she announced her support for Medicare for All, she followed up with "I have to notify my staff", implying they they were unaware of her "recent" position on healthcare. Doesn't sound very committed.

Although I don't know much about Kirsten Gillibrand, I think she "checks the right boxes" and she seems likable. Likability will get you a lot of votes. I'll have to look closer at her.

Then there's John Delaney. Interesting to me - he grew up in my same neighborhood, although I never met him, and we went to different high schools.

I saw John Delaney just once on TV. He too, seems to say all the right things. I need to take a closer look there, too.

Since I grew up outside NYC, it would seem I would know more about DiBlasio, but I don't. I've seen a lot of headlines with his name attached, but I don't follow New York politics anymore.

So, out of your list - Gillibrand, DeBlasio, Harris, Biden and Warren (Bernie's not running), I'm leaning towards Warren, although Gillibrand still requires a closer look. 

dem candidates.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The word on the street is ... Kamala Harris will announce her exploring to run on MLK Day.

Yep she jumped in. Now we're starting to see what the democrats will want their candidates to represent. Gillibrand, DeBlasio, Harris and Warren. 

Not sure Biden fits the mold anymore. Hillary has gone silent. Old democrat guard is gone. Suprisingly.... ole Bernie Sanders is still a choice. 

Looks like harris is the front runner right now.  She "checks" a lot of boxes for the democrats.  

Marines are a department of the Navy, the men's department.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

I don't thnk Bernie Sanders will run, even though 99% of his supporters think he will. I think he'll be very involved in the Primary, but not run himself.

I expect Tulsi Gabbard will run.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Tulsi Gabbard Announces She Will Run for President in 2020

January 11, 2019

Hawaiian Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has announced that she will seek the Democratic nomination for president in 2020, a report said.

Gabbard, an Iraqi vet who became the first Hindu member of Congress, told CNN that she will be making a formal announcement next week.

“There are a lot of reasons for me to make this decision. There are a lot of challenges that are facing the American people that I’m concerned about and that I want to help solve,” she said in an interview that will air on Saturday.

“There is one main issue that is central to the rest, and that is the issue of war and peace.”

https://nypost.com/2019/01/11/tulsi-gabbard-announces-she-will-run-for-president-in-2020/

tulsi1.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

I don't thnk Bernie Sanders will run, even though 99% of his supporters think he will. I think he'll be very involved in the Primary, but not run himself.

I expect Tulsi Gabbard will run.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

As a former registered democrat who switched party affiliation, I still maintain some hope the party will return to it's roots and abandon the progressive bend within their party.

At what point did the Democratic Party abandon "its roots" which caused you to switch parties?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The word on the street is ... Kamala Harris will announce her exploring to run on MLK Day.

David Duke looks well positioned to take the nomination away fro, lil donny - he's going to appeal to the literate wing of the GOP, and already has the support of the base.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

Marines are a department of the Navy, the men's department.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If lil donny survives the next 2 years, his support should be around 20% of prospective voters simply because he'll energize rational Americans to vote like nothing before. My fervent hope is Der Trumper will schedule a Moscow Summit just before the Mueller Report is released, then he'll request asylum, and Putin will put him in one.

IMHO, the Democrats most likely to survive the early primaries are Bloomberg, O'Rourke, Sanders, Biden, Cuomo and Booker, simply because they're really good speakers, have solid Progressive cred and so far have not a hint of scandal.

Can you imagine a president and administration without a hint of scandal?  God, the last time that happened was........................the Obama administration.  How times have changed. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

If lil donny survives the next 2 years, his support should be around 20% of prospective voters simply because he'll energize rational Americans to vote like nothing before. My fervent hope is Der Trumper will schedule a Moscow Summit just before the Mueller Report is released, then he'll request asylum, and Putin will put him in one.

IMHO, the Democrats most likely to survive the early primaries are Bloomberg, O'Rourke, Sanders, Biden, Cuomo and Booker, simply because they're really good speakers, have solid Progressive cred and so far have not a hint of scandal.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Elizabeth Warren seems to be the only declared candidate at the moment. Biden is waiting to see who jumps into the race. My on opinion is Beto is actually looking to run as VP for somebody but my batting average is terrible (I predicted the declaration of a National Emergency when Trump spoke). Camilla Harris has an excellent background.  Oddly, I think John Hickenlooper would be a good choice. 

Kudos
Views