- AARP Online Community
- Ideas, Tips & Answers
- AARP Rewards
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
- ITA Archive
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Solo Travel
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- The Girlfriend
- Home & Family Archive
- Politics & Society Forums
- Politics, Current Events
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- TV Talk
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Writing & Books
- Entertainment Archive
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
jimc91: The incident suggests the Michigan governor’s office is either over its head in handling the pandemic, purposefully playing politics during the crisis, or both.
You've got the wrong culprit, it's Trump doing all that.
Instead of the gross misinformation and half truths of a highly biased disgusting publication and as a lifetime resident of the State Of Michigan, please allow me to shed some FACTS regarding the falsely labeled "political issue" between Trump and Michigan's Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
This was no "political issue".
Rather it was an act of lethal vengeance on the part of Trump for Gretchen Whitmer's refusal to praise him for the crumbs he threw at Michigan.
Some FACTS .............
- Governor Whitmer was pleading for Federal help dealing with the Coronavirus.
- Upon finally receiving some help, she made known that the help was barely enough to provide for only one shift at only one hospital.
- Trump became P.O.'d at this insolent woman for not praising him for the crumbs he threw to Michigan.
- As we all know, nothing upsets Trump more than recognizing the authority of a woman, a highly intelligent woman and a person who refuses to recognize Trump's self proclamation as a supreme leader.
- Governor Whitmer met the trifecta for Trump's need to spew his rabid hatred and repeatedly insulted her in his rabid tweets!
- Michigan was also now targeted for Trump's need for rabid vengeance.
- Upon receiving no additional aid, Governor Whitmer went directly to medical suppliers for the desperately needed personal protection equipment and ventilators. Upon contacting the suppliers, the suppliers told our Governor that the Trump administration told them to not ship anything to Michigan ..... TRUMP'S VENGEANCE!!!
- Governor Whitmer then said she would call VP Pence for the desperately needed assistance, further P.O.ing Trump who told Pence not to call her back.
- Pence apparently defied Trump's disgusting orders and contacted Michigan's leaders ..... resulting in finally receiving additional (but temporary) aid.
- Trump's rabid need for vengeance cost the lives of many Michigan residents.
- If Governor Gretchen Whitmer had not stood up to Trump and successfully over turned his desire to harm Michigan's residence as an insane act of vengeance, many more Michigan lives would have certainly been lost!
There is absolutely nothing here, I'll just move one. The Federalist, ROFLMAO !!!!
Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
There are political ramifications for Trump making her a target: She is a co-chair of Biden's presidential campaign and oversees a state that was key to the President's victory in 2016 and will be a major battleground in 2020. Biden defended Whitmer in a statement on Friday, saying, Trump could "learn a thing or two from Governor Whitmer -- speed matters, details matter, and people matter."
@jimc91 wrote:The incident suggests the Michigan governor’s office is either over its head in handling the pandemic, purposefully playing politics during the crisis, or both.
BY: Margot Cleveland
Hey, @jimc91, once again, you are quoting a flunky that writes for THE FEDERALIST.
When you reply to a post that you are unable to refute and attack the source of the information and completely ignore the information of the article you actually forfeit the debate.
There is no debate, @jimc91.
Your constant use of fake media sources such as The Federalist, The Daily Signal, The Washington Times, and all of the other psuedo-sources used by you, by definition, precludes there being any debate whatsoever.
You see, when you use the sources you use, there are no other legitimate sources to confirm the information you are espousing...... the only sources espousing the same information are other fake media outlets.
If, for once, you would source a reliable, legitimate outlet; it would be to the benefit of everyone and then there could be a valuable debate.
We will be seeing more and more of these posts...it's termed "grasping at straws". All done to try to provide cover for trump, and the increasingly difficult job of trying to rationalize any action by trump. It's a tough job, because there is no way to rationalize anything that trump does.
Facts and reality go out the window in support of trump.
Just to repeat. The underlying article on which this thread is based is incorrect.
That's funny @Richva , why because you said so... TOO FUNNY.
Yet I notice you offer nothing to substantiate your claim indicating you have nothing to offer. So why bother to reply? The depth of thought on this board has become incredibly shallow as indicated by the intellectual essay you offer to articulate your position... Enjoy your very thought provoking day.
4 More years should be great.