Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 41 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

After which previous election was a "Resistance" officially declared

I guess you forgot about the GOP PLEDGE to BLOCK OBAMA at any cost that was put in place immediately after Obama's election for his first term.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 53

Political Tribalism

It used to be 1/3 of voters always voted Democrat and 1/3 always voted Republican. Those numbers are gradually changing. The number of voters who consider themselves Independent is growing. You may call them protest voters, or Hillary haters.

I think over 40% of eligible voters didn't vote in 2016. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 53

"

Say what you want about George W. and Barack but they both did one thing that the gutter dweller that's in the WHITE HOUSE now has not done.

THEY BOTH RESPECTED THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT AND THE OTHER INSTITUTIONS OF THIS GREAT NATION.

TRUMP IS MAKING OUR GOVERNMENT A REALITY SHOW.... OR, WORSE YET, A SLIDE SHOW, OR, WORSE EVEN YET, A MOCKERY.."

Legitimate criticism of our prez is a good thing. I am not sure why some cannot see that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 53

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Once the elections are over, we must unite as Americans.

Americans have united before after hard fought elections.

After George W. and Barack were elected many Americans united and much was accomplished.

But this Ass of a President is different.

Say what you want about George W. and Barack but they both did one thing that the gutter dweller that's in the WHITE HOUSE now has not done.

THEY BOTH RESPECTED THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT AND THE OTHER INSTITUTIONS OF THIS GREAT NATION.

TRUMP IS MAKING OUR GOVERNMENT A REALITY SHOW.... OR, WORSE YET, A SLIDE SHOW, OR, WORSE EVEN YET, A MOCKERY..

The disrespect he has shown for our military institutions, our law enforcement institutions, the freedom of the press, speech, religion, and many other institutions that have made this country what it is today is beyond the pale.

Our ENEMIES don't even talk about us that way.

He makes the country look weak and confused.

He needs to step down before irreversible damage is done.

After which previous election was a "Resistance" officially declared and joined publicly by the losing candidate?

The Dems made it clear that they were not simply going to offer an alternate agenda but were actually going to attempt to remove President Trump from office. Is that the basis of "work together"? Under those circumstances, was their any reason to say, "Come, let us reason together"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

Once the elections are over, we must unite as Americans.

Americans have united before after hard fought elections.

After George W. and Barack were elected many Americans united and much was accomplished.

But this Ass of a President is different.

TRUMP IS MAKING OUR GOVERNMENT A REALITY SHOW.... OR, WORSE YET, A SLIDE SHOW, OR, WORSE EVEN YET, A MOCKERY..

The disrespect he has shown for our military institutions, our law enforcement institutions, the freedom of the press, speech, religion, and many other institutions that have made this country what it is today is beyond the pale.

Our ENEMIES don't even talk about us that way.

He makes the country look weak and confused.

He needs to step down before irreversible damage is done.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@xrepub  In your view, do I have to vote like you and think like you in order to be a decent citizen?

Of course not.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Democrat with a strong social liberal streak and a less liberal fiscal view. I will not laud liberals who do not think for themselves, and I do not applaud conservatives who do not think for themselves. I do not seek the destruction of the Republican party (I think them quite useful in keeping the Dems in line).

Well put, xrepub. But I would add another element. Once the elections are over, we must unite as Americans. Those not happy with the outcome will always have another shot each two years.

True, but it is the total rejection of that spirit of Unity for the Common Good that is the hallmark of the neoRepublican Party - its why Republicans who TRY and work across the aisle are targeted by the Teabaggers and other Nazi elements for destruction in the primaries.

Take the latest tax scheme by the GOPers - Democrats weren't involved in a SINGLE MEETING to craft the abortion that is set to begin redistributiing TRILLIONS from the Middle Class to the very top of the 1%, this time those running our largest Corporations.

The money that SHOULD be used to maintain and improve the entire infrastructure that makes possible the existance of those corporations will now be used to buy back outstanding stock and enhance upper management bonuses - stock holders won't see an additional dime in dividends, but their stock (if it's not bought back) will see an increase in value as it becomes "more scarce" via tha buybacks.

The final package didn't even fill the promises made to Republicans who still had the decency to question the HUGE proportion of the benefits that are going to the very top of the 1% while things like CHIP and 34 Million American's health insurance is being put at extreme risk by the parasites the GOPers have made possible. Instead of trying to do good by the American 99%, Republicans opted to add huge tax loopholes that will make millions for a couple holdout Senators with their realestate holding exemptions.

Thanks again Hillary Haters - Any chance you are waking up to the absurdity of helping elect a nincompoop like Der Trumper and the gaggle of crypto-Nazis now running the Legislative Branch and Judiciary?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 53

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@xrepub  In your view, do I have to vote like you and think like you in order to be a decent citizen?

Of course not.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Democrat with a strong social liberal streak and a less liberal fiscal view. I will not laud liberals who do not think for themselves, and I do not applaud conservatives who do not think for themselves. I do not seek the destruction of the Republican party (I think them quite useful in keeping the Dems in line).

Well put, xrepub. But I would add another element. Once the elections are over, we must unite as Americans. Those not happy with the outcome will always have another shot each two years.

like your masters at Fox and friends, Hannity and Breitbart preach? for that matter POTUS? no division there. The new conservative party doesnt want cooperation. It wants submision. Thats not going to happen.

Does that mean that you disagree with what I posted or does it mean you are just in a non-Ho-Ho-Ho mood (as usual)?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

@Epster wrote:

Of course not.

like your masters at Fox and friends, Hannity and Breitbart preach? for that matter POTUS? no division there. The new conservative party doesnt want cooperation. It wants submision. Thats not going to happen.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 53

@xrepub wrote:

@Epster wrote:

Of course not.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 53

@Epster wrote:

Of course not.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors